Please sell do not buy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

Please sell do not buy

Please

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Re: Please sell do not buy

Enter that SELL order ASAP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Speaking of selling. I have 2 Monster Sears for this Monday's game that I would sell in a heartbeat if they weren't a birthday gift to my brother-in-law. I picked this game because I figured they would still be in the thick of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Buy only if a top line starting pitcher under team control for 2+ years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Please sell do not buy:
    Buy only if a top line starting pitcher under team control for 2+ years.
    Posted by moonslav59

exactly....even if we don't win this year build for next season...and by people sying sell what do we sell? ross? shopach? who? sure ain't going to be crawford or beckett or lester...who do we sell? some people take it to far with this sell thing...if we make trades make it for next season...you don't trade our main players...it's silly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I have no problem with them going after someone who will benefit the team for years to come. No stupid rentals though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The problem is that for a team with a salary of 170M+ they really don't have a lot that other teams seem to be interested in other than their fringe players.  I would look to build the SP and to try to dump some contracts if they can even find anyone interested and willing to give the Sox something in return.  There are no proven SPs out there that haven't been gobbled up by contending teams.  What is left are the DL types that may or may not have good years. 

I don't see how anyone thinks that if the Sox keep the core of what they have this year and go with that for next year...what changes?  We had a glimpse of this year's team last September and ignored that.  Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it...an old cliche but one the Sox seem not to have heard.

Sox keep Papi (maybe), Beckett, Lester, Buch, Pedey, Salty, Middlebrooks, Ells (maybe), Crawford, AGon and add a SS, same BP basically, and get back that wonder man Lackey.  Add in that the Sox need to get below the luxury level cutting spending and where does this team go in 2013? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

If cannot sign Cody Ross to a 2 or 3 year extension, sell.
    Aviles and Punto : sell. For correct return ( high ceiling almost ML-ready pitching prospects) , sell Ellsbury , especially if can forcibly include either Beckett or (no chance in Hades) Crawford. ( Washington ? )Remember, to get Beckett from Marlins we had to take Lowell as well.
    Sell Shoppach (Nats or Mets ), Sweeney or Nava ( Reds ? ) , Lars Anderson, Matsuzaka ( Texas ?-for anything can get ! ) Offer a few of Albers, Padilla, Miller, Atchison, Melancon, perhaps to Mets as they desperately need relievers.
    Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants, Pirates, Angels, Rangers, Tigers, White Sox......ALL seeking reinforcements for playoff pushes.

Basically offer anyone not in long term plans...and bring up kids like Iglesias, Kalish, Lavarnway, maybe Zach Stewart. Morales should be starting.
    On another thread ,, " Cut Bait" yesterday I suggested Jon Lester to White Sox for P's Jose Quintana and Pedro Hernandez. Instead Chicago sent Hernandez and a position prospect for Francisco Liriano last night.

We have a rare opportunity to cut some payroll by holding contenders up at gunpoint here, and F.O. appears asleep at the switch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pretty ignorant OP.  The Sox are really not in position to do either unless they want to unload Pedroia, Salty, Lavarnway, Bradley, Middlebrooks, et al. 

The Sox need a good to great starter, but those guys are too expensive.

The lineup, defense, and bullpen are all good enough to win, but the rotation will keep the Sox out of the playoffs. 

I am by no means opposing to trading almost anyone--although I really don't like the idea of giving up any of the best prospects--but only if the trade will help. 

Bottom line:  best move is to stand pat or possibly unload CC if that is possible and it probably is not. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i agree with max. what's there to sell? The guys people want off the Sox are so stuck with the Sox, it's sick...CC, Lackey (contracts), Beckett (his worth in question and now his reputation), and then guys who are marginally valuable as "prospects." The only guys with value are guys who produce for the Sox anyway. So between buying and selling...don't do either in The (Lilli)Bridge To Nowhere

Sections
Shortcuts