Please Stop Crying about Francona -

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

Re: Please Stop Crying about Francona -

In Response to Re: Please Stop Crying about Francona -:
    [QUOTE]The same people who balme Francona for  the all of the BoSox problems...are the samepeople who think Boston lost the '86 WS because of Bill Buckner. They did lose in large part because of Buckner, but not for the reason most people think.  Buckner's offense was the biggest reason.  Buckner hit 3rd for the Red Sox and posted a .188 batting average, a .212 on base percentage and drove home 1 run.  To be fair, Jim Rice, batting 4th, didn't drive in any, but he hit .333 and had an OBP of .455.  Rice also led off 14 innings for the Red Sox in that World Series, which means Buckner ended 14 innings. Now, it was time for Francona to go.  He lost the team, and usually you don;t get it back when that happens.  But no one can take away the two title he was at the helm for.  He was the right person for those teams, but he no longer was.
    Posted by illinoisredsox[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding?
    Theo Epstein had his nose in that clubhouse and tied Francona's hands behind his back season in and season out.  Theo broke up the 2007 World Series team prematurely, did the same thing to the 2004 WS team, leaving Francona to pick up the pieces.

Francona left at least three World Series titles on the table because Theo Epstein meddled when he shouldn't have and didn't meddle when he should.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Buckner should have been removed for defensive reasons. Whose job is it to put in defensive replacements?? I think he had 2 viable first baseman available. Neither of which was crippled. If memory serves me correctly, Don Baylor was one option and was the other one Dave Stapleton??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry G.  I am crying about losing Francona, and probably won't stop for a long time.  In this particular case, I am really hoping all you haters prove me wrong as soon as possible.  But, I think we just lost the only guy for this job.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Don't agree here, Space. I think others are equipt to handle it. They may not bring as much to the table in certain areas...but they may not take as much away either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Buckner should have been removed for defensive reasons. Whose job is it to put in defensive replacements?? I think he had 2 viable first baseman available. Neither of which was crippled. If memory serves me correctly, Don Baylor was one option and was the other one Dave Stapleton??
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    You're not blaming Francona for that, are you?

Wink

Yep, Stapleton is the guy who usually came in. McNamara's heart was in the right place ... he wanted Buckner, who had toughed it out all year on two bad legs, to be out there to celebrate the final out. The thing that's always bothered me about that play, and the blame Buckner unfairly received, is that the roof had long since caved in before Mookie hit that grounder. The Sox had blown a two-run lead and it was tied at that point ... had it gone to extra innings, does anybody really think the Sox would have won?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I will forever be grateful to Terry Francona for the WS wins in '04 and '07.

My dad followed the Sox for 60 years through thick and thin and never saw a WS win.

Thank-you Mr. Francona, I will always be grateful to you for your managerial skills that were responsible for giving me so many good memories.

I wish you all the best!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I will forever be grateful to Terry Francona for the WS wins in '04 and '07. My dad followed the Sox for 60 years through thick and thin and never saw a WS win. Thank-you Mr. Francona, I will always be grateful to you for your managerial skills that were responsible for giving me so many good memories. I wish you all the best!!!
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]
    Class as always, '67.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]I will forever be grateful to Terry Francona for the WS wins in '04 and '07. My dad followed the Sox for 60 years through thick and thin and never saw a WS win. Thank-you Mr. Francona, I will always be grateful to you for your managerial skills that were responsible for giving me so many good memories. I wish you all the best!!!
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]

Managerial skills..........Too funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Stop Crying about Francona - : Too funny.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

The only thing that gives me any joy or positive feeling from Terry's departure is that you will finally have to lift the needle from your interminable Francoma record skip.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Stop Crying about Francona - : The only thing that gives me any joy or positive feeling from Terry's departure is that you will finally have to lift the needle from your interminable Francoma record skip.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    And yet ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Why don't you stop crying about people crying about Francona?