Please! Stop the musical chairs game!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Please! Stop the musical chairs game!

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

Projected rest-of-season WAR* as reported at FanGraphs:

Jose Iglesias: ZIPS 0.6, Steamer 0.1

Will Middlebrooks: ZIPS 0.5, Steamer 0.9

Stephen Drew: ZIPS 1.1, Steamer 0.7

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=10231&position=3B/SS

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=7002&position=3B

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4251&position=SS

* Wins Above Replacement

What is Jesus Montero's projected WAR?

Jesus Montero: ZIPS: 0.8, Steamer 1.4

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=5514&position=C/DH

Those numbers are optimistic in light of Montero's recent demotion and knee surgery.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

[QUOTE]

I would think 66 games is more than enough to evaluate this group. Please stop with the musical chairs. Stick Middlebrooks at third, Iggy at SS, and let's get on with the rest of the season. Drew can't hit; we know that. Middlebrooks is inconsistent. We lnow that too. We also know if Middlebrooks stays with his short, quick, swing he'll be fine. Drew has been around long enough for mgmt to know what he can and can't do. What does a guy (a cinch gold-glover in his fuiture) have to hit before he's got the job? .500?

Middlebrooks is having a much worse offseason then Drew. Drew is still a top offensive performer at this position. He keeps going cold but ever time he goes cold his average doesn't drop to as low as it was before. That is a good sign. At this point Middlebrooks should be in AAA.

[/QUOTE]

He's hitting .223, and that's about where he'll be in September.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, because you were right on about salty right? you are a fan with no patience. That is obvious. Drew will get hot again, like he always does. We have seen Middy have a lot of trouble making the adjustments and we have no idea how Iggy will do once its his turn to adjust. Drew will end up with around a 750-800 OPS by season end, which is great for an MLB SS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The team is winning and in first place with the status quo.  And for some reason, that is not enough?

When did fans go from "I just want to see them win" to "I want to see them win, but only with MY guys"?

So should they go with what is working, or re-arrange their strategy because some random whiny guy in Billerica just cannot get his way?

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our best team right now is obviously Drew at short, Iggy at third and WMB on the pine.  WMB is the guy who has to snap out of it.

How can he snap out of it on the bench?

[/QUOTE]

I guess I didn't phrase that very well.  I'm assuming that WMB is going to continue to get playing time.  I just mean that right now our best lineup is with Drew and Iggy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Our best team right now is obviously Drew at short, Iggy at third and WMB on the pine.  WMB is the guy who has to snap out of it.

How can he snap out of it on the bench?

[/QUOTE]

I guess I didn't phrase that very well.  I'm assuming that WMB is going to continue to get playing time.  I just mean that right now our best lineup is with Drew and Iggy.

[/QUOTE]

One could argue that Middlebrooks should be in the minors.  He has a career 128/21 K/W.  That's not going work, and my guess is that is why he isn't hitting now.  In his last 159 ABs, he is hitting .176 with 4 HRs. and striking out 33% of the time.  I can understand them arguing that they want him on the team, but it's almost impossible to create a case for him getting more ABs, not less ABs.