Please tell me why Ben will not give Sanchez a huge contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Please tell me why Ben will not give Sanchez a huge contract

I have no problem with the signings of both Victornio or Napoli. What I want to know is why, isn't Ben going to go after Sanchez? All reports basically say, the Sox will not go after him. I want to know why? He is 28 and is a dominant pitcher. On his worst day, he is better then Dempster, McCarthy, Jackson and Lohse. I am just confused. I don't get it. Not signing him is a mistake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Please tell me why Ben will not give Sanchez a huge contract

In response to mvpyouk20's comment:

I have no problem with the signings of both Victornio or Napoli. What I want to know is why, isn't Ben going to go after Sanchez? All reports basically say, the Sox will not go after him. I want to know why? He is 28 and is a dominant pitcher. On his worst day, he is better then Dempster, McCarthy, Jackson and Lohse. I am just confused. I don't get it. Not signing him is a mistake.

Hes a good #3 who might be incredibly overpaid. I think everyone is waiting for the market for SP to set itself first. not just the Sox. Just because you dont hear the Sox name, doesnt mean they arent involved.

A trade for a good SP might actually be the way to go. Im noit impressed with ANY FA pitcher this year. Not even Sanchez.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Do you like Floyd at all? What pitcher could the sox get in a trade? Anyone stand out that you wouldn't mind seeing in a trade?

Hes a good #3 who might be incredibly overpaid. I think everyone is waiting for the market for SP to set itself first. not just the Sox. Just because you dont hear the Sox name, doesnt mean they arent involved.

A trade for a good SP might actually be the way to go. Im noit impressed with ANY FA pitcher this year. Not even Sanchez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

did you see how much he's asking??  then you might understand why the Sox aren't going after Sanchez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

In response to jh13's comment:

did you see how much he's asking??  then you might understand why the Sox aren't going after Sanchez.

I did see and he won't get that imo. I was thinking more along the line of 18.5 for 5 years. The sox have all this money and since it looks like they will not sign Hamilton, which is fine by me---then it is time to pay Sanchez. He is worth the investment. I think bringing any of those other free agents on here, would turn into a disaster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Do you like Floyd at all? What pitcher could the sox get in a trade? Anyone stand out that you wouldn't mind seeing in a trade?

I like Floydd, and a trade involving Salty might work. They both have 1 year until becoming FA. Could be a good bridge to Rubby, Workman etc., in 2014.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

You can go far with fielding a team of scrappy role players, mixing and matching them, as long as you have dominant pitching.  You don't sniff the finish line without it.  The Red Sox, I believe, are not looking for a number 3 pitcher.  They're looking for a stud.  Look for a blockblocker trade involving a pitcher that has been one and has the potential for dominating again.  Ellsbury, Salty or Lav, Doubrant, and Aceves are good potential trade bait for taking on a big pitching contract.  Think Cliff Lee.  There's still some money to spend.  Roll the dice.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

sanchez is highly over rated and as a #4 pitcher is going to get paid like a #2 or higher. he is young though and presumably going to get better. but 90Mil is something i dont want to commit to a #4 and hope that he gets better.

notice how very little pitching has come off the board?? its because of grienke... once he signs the rest of the pitching market will unfold and we will hear more about which pitchers the sox are "in" on

Sections
Shortcuts