Poll: Fan who has EXPERIENCED the most championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Poll: Fan who has EXPERIENCED the most championships

Thought this could be of interest.  List the numbers of championships which PROFESSIONAL TEAMS which you are/were fans of, won, and which you were able to celebrate.  (eg. if you're 36, you were 2 in 1977, so no fair counting the Yankee championship of that year).  The key is, you had to be aware of it and caring enough to celebrate.  It'll take a little research, and of course honesty.  I'll start it with my list:

1.  Red Sox     2
    2.  Bruins        2         (liked hockey alot in 70/72;wouldn't count it today)
    3.  Pats           3
    4.  Celtics       16     (I was 14 and very avid for the first one;                 I                                  didn't take       credit for the 17th, as I cooled on
                                         basketball)

Total:   23

Who will the winningest forum dweller be?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Poll: Fan who has EXPERIENCED the most championships

Every time Dale Earnhardt Sr. won a championship , I celebrated.

He was the best at what he did. Hands down.

No one person is loved by more fans of his sport than #3.

Too bad he had to die to get the recognition he deserved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Fan who has EXPERIENCED the most championships:
    [QUOTE]Every time Dale Earnhardt Sr. won a championship , I celebrated. He was the best at what he did. Hands down. No one person is loved by more fans of his sport than #3. Too bad he had to die to get the recognition he deserved.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I realize you could argue that Dale's achievements include a "team", but I was thinking of the multiple direct participants type.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I don't get it

if the constant posting  of this pic

is suppose to be a shot at arod

I don't get it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

it does have a FEEDING TIME AT THE ZOO look to it.
    is it possible that A-ROD is part simian?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I was 6 or 7 when I recall watching the Celtics. (I'm 53) If it wasn't an afternoon game I couldn't stay up late to watch it. The first playoffs I remember watching was 1968 on spring vacation. The Celts came back from 3 to 1 to win. I guess I would say 11 Celtics, 2 Bruins, 2 Red Sox, 3 Pats. We moved to Philly in 71 so I had to go through the Stinking Flyers winning it over the Bruins in 74 and then repeating in 75. I've been to one Celtics parade(08) and one Phillies (08). Coudn't make the Sox parade in 04 because of work and 07 because I just had a cast taken off from a broken ankle. I want to go to a Red Sox parade in my lifetime.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]I was 6 or 7 when I recall watching the Celtics. (I'm 53) If it wasn't an afternoon game I couldn't stay up late to watch it. The first playoffs I remember watching was 1968 on spring vacation. The Celts came back from 3 to 1 to win. I guess I would say 11 Celtics, 2 Bruins, 2 Red Sox, 3 Pats. We moved to Philly in 71 so I had to go through the Stinking Flyers winning it over the Bruins in 74 and then repeating in 75. I've been to one Celtics parade(08) and one Phillies (08). Coudn't make the Sox parade in 04 because of work and 07 because I just had a cast taken off from a broken ankle. I want to go to a Red Sox parade in my lifetime.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

I drove from upstate NY to catch the 2004 parade, Memorable

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

For me:

Red Sox 2
    Celtics 6 (I was alive for the last five of the Russell era but don't remember them. The first championship I remember was the 1970 Bruins.)
    Bruins 2
    Patriots 3

Total 13 (Alive for 18)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I don't get it piersall

if the constant posting of this pic

is suppose to be a shot at arod

I don't get it

please explain

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]For me: Red Sox 2 Celtics 6 (I was alive for the last five of the Russell era but don't remember them. The first championship I remember was the 1970 Bruins.) Bruins 2 Patriots 3 Total 13 (Alive for 18)
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Roy I remember exactly where I was when "Orr scored. " Not watching the game. Why? I watched all 3 periods and was so frustrated that the Blues had played the Bruins to a standstill that I had to go out between the 3rd period and overtime to relieve the stress. My neighbor and I went out to the junior high field in Wellesley where I was living at the time and had batting practice. We lived right next to the field and before you know it my Dad walks out  in our back yard and yells..... "Aw Scawed"(Orr scored). We looked at each other in shock, through our bats and gloves in the air and ran home to his house to watch the celebration. I regret it to this day. We lost track of time. I also missed Fisk's HR in game 6 75. I fell asleep. I was a senior in high school and after Carbo's HR my Dad and I leaped for joy. Then in the ninth after we didn't score a run with the bases loaded and no outs I got ticked off and went up to my room and watched it on a small B/W TV. I fell asleep and missed the HR. My dad claims he woke me up and told me but I don't remember. My Dad always had an inside joke with me that I missed the two greatest Boston sports moments in my lifeftime. I guess he was right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts