Poll: Josh Beckett

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Poll: Josh Beckett

No reason why it should be "the last straw."  Off day golf is probably better than off day watching TV or whatever.  The missed start was the FO's idea and precautionary.  The golf might even have helped the lat. 

I'm not a big Beckett fan, but I just don't see the logic of dumping a pretty good starter from a team badly in need of good starters.  Send Buchholz back to Pawtucket, maybe.  Manny repeatedly do stuff way worse than this. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Beckett's continued legacy, well after his should have been "ran out of town!"

Bobby v. on barking at the umps:

Ump grumps

Valentine made a trip to the mound in the first inning Monday to tell Felix Doubront to stop staring at umpire Tim Tschida over what the lefthander thought was a missed call.

Barking at umpires has become routine for Red Sox starters, particularly Josh Beckett and Jon Lester.

“It has to do with a pattern that I didn’t want to see develop that I saw developing,’’ said Valentine. “I’ve seen it in our whole staff, to be truthful with you, and I don’t think it’s healthy. I don’t think it’s beneficial to anyone.’’

Valentine was asked if he would address the pitching staff about the issue.

“Might,’’ he said. “I don’t know. I don’t know if I really have to.

“I don’t want it to become a habit; it’s a bad habit. I’ve seen it a few times and last night I saw enough.’’

Valentine is particularly worried about a pitcher like Doubront finding fault in the umpires instead of worrying about his own effort.

“A young guy might start to use it as a crutch, that it’s OK, it was [the umpire’s] fault and I don’t think we can live that way,’’ the manager said.

***   I DON'T LIKE TO USE THE TERM CANCER, BUT CAN'T THINK OF A BETTER DESCRIPTOR WITH RESPECT TO BECKETT WITH RESPECT TO THE TEAM PROBLEMS!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

It should be the last straw. He has shown multiple times that he really doesn't care. He got the big contract. Get what you can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

where's the choice that includes the words "horse's azz'?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Very unrealistic - even I wouldn't just release him outright and eat his contract.  That would be insane......

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, as I said since early in 2010 and of course, got killed for it, "There isn't a team in baseball that would take on Beckett's contract for a mere Player To Be Named Later".......It was true then and it's true now.......I didn't wait for Theo to leave town to bash him.  He's responsible for 3 of the worst contract of my lifetime - Drew, Beckett's latest extension, and Carl "The Butcher" Crawford.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

RIDICULOUS!

THERE ARE TEAMS OUT THERE WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE BECKETT!!!!

The old adage about a change of scenery!  Would would not have to eat a thing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

I wish we could just tar and feather him, like in the olden times... when the tar was hot as hell...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

can you imagine the rocks this guy must have in his head to go play 18 rounds 2 days before he misses his next start due to injury???? in the lats???? umm doesnt golf require those muscles to be used everytime one swings?

Looky here...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Can someone figure out which GM (or former GM) has the most money this year (and in subsequent years) in DEAD MONEY?

My money is on Theo

Lackey @ 14

Dice K @ ~10

The Butcher @ 21 X 7

Jenks @ 6 X 2

Wow, I am already at approximately The Ray's ENTIRE DAMN PAYROLL!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Josh Beckett:
    [QUOTE]RIDICULOUS! THERE ARE TEAMS OUT THERE WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE BECKETT!!!! The old adage about a change of scenery!  Would would not have to eat a thing!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

So we subsidize 5M a year.  NO PROBLEM!  Worth the money!!!!

Guarantee we start getting calls about him!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I didn't forget Lackey.  Are you guys even reading the posts???