Poll: Which revelation ticked you off most?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Re: Poll: Which revelation ticked you off most?

The Wakefield thing really stunk! he was incredibly selfish trying - in vain- for that 200th win, of course Tito helped by accomodating him, but 9 failed attempts at 200 started the downward spiral that ended in disaster. Tito should have stpped using him in July and he should have beed released, Tito, and I love the guy - don't get me wrong  let his loyalty get in the way of a post season appearance.

Wakefield is insufferrably all for himself! If they bring him back, I'll be p*ssed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Which revelation ticked you off most?:
    [QUOTE]The Wakefield thing really stunk! he was incredibly selfish trying - in vain- for that 200th win, of course Tito helped by accomodating him, but 9 failed attempts at 200 started the downward spiral that ended in disaster. Tito should have stpped using him in July and he should have beed released, Tito, and I love the guy - don't get me wrong  let his loyalty get in the way of a post season appearance. Wakefield is insufferrably all for himself! If they bring him back, I'll be p*ssed!
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

LMAO, "SHAME ON WAKE FOR TRYING TO WIN GAMES" ??
    What about shame on Francona for not trying to win some early season games? He even said he wasn't trying to win some games because they weren't as important as September games ! ! !  I'm confused, if you try to win games, you're vilified and if YOU DON'T TRY TO WIN GAMES, YOU'RE A GENIUS. HELLO ???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

Actually none of these "revelations" surprise me. While I don't really care if any are true or not, it was obvious coming out of spring training this team for many reasons was not the team we fans were told it would be, or even worse what we convinced ourselves it actually was.   I guess the media that seemed just as clueless all year, now seems to be on an I told you so campaign bugs me most right now.

But what really ticks me off most is that just like so many of our political leaders total failure leads to big rewards.  Theo the architect of the mess should be tarred and feathered in Boston.  Instead he gets to flee the scene of the crime, and now gets to pull the wool over the eyes of the long suffering Cubs fans. 

On the flip side, as long as he's out of Boston, and has no part at all in picking our new manager, or picking up any of the pieces of the mess he created, we have at least taken the biggest step to a better 2012.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KurtColorado. Show KurtColorado's posts

In Response to Poll: Which revelation ticked you off most?:
    [QUOTE]The alleged distraction of Terry Francona's personal issues Starting pitchers eating, drinking and playing video games during Sox games Tim Wakefield's focus on personal goals The team's lack of leadership Jacoby Ellsbury's alleged seclusion following last season's controversy Ownership's apparent division over the signing of Carl Crawford
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Most disturbing for me was the lack of player leadership. For a veteran laden team to become so dysfunctional is amazingly disappointing.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The reaction of the fans is related to THEIR expectations. YOUR expectation are YOUR problem. Don't blame the fact that things went wrong on the media or management. Your reaction should be that of DISAPPOINTMENT. Nobody guaranteed you a bed of roses. You are entitled to nothing. Stop acting like spoiled Yankee fans. Be disappointed in the injuries, subpar performances, player attitudes, and losing the Division by one game. Be DISAPPOINTED on the fact that MANY things went wrong and perhaps YOUR expectations were excessive. Stop scapegoating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Which revelation ticked you off most?:
    [QUOTE]The reaction of the fans is related to THEIR expectations. YOUR expectation are YOUR problem. Don't blame the fact that things went wrong on the media or management. Your reaction should be that of DISAPPOINTMENT. Nobody guaranteed you a bed of roses. You are entitled to nothing. Stop acting like spoiled Yankee fans. Be disappointed in the injuries, subpar performances, player attitudes, and losing the Division by one game. Be DISAPPOINTED on the fact that MANY things went wrong and perhaps YOUR expectations were excessive. Stop scapegoating.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Utica,  Not at all sure who you are speaking to here but as a Red Sox fan I'll respond. 

I think all us fans can assure you we are all disappointed.  But this is not grade school, or a little league team we are all posting our comments about.  Disappointment only goes so far when you grow up.

We didn't lose the division by one game, we lost the wild card by one game. We lost the division (AGAIN)  by many more.  That is simply not acceptable for a team that demonstrated it was one of the best teams in all of baseball for a good part of the season. 

This team simply quit. You can blame it on everything you mentioned, and a lot of other things, but in the end this team simply was going through the motions.

That calls for being more then just disappointed!!!!

The fact that we fans who bleed Red Sox blood with every game are voicing our disappointment in what we saw and are learning does not in any way mean we feel entitled to anything more than the best effort from the team, and it's players who we support. If that makes us sound like Yankee fans to you then I will have to say for once I am glad to be compaired to a Yankee fan. 

We never expected a bed of roses, winning a world series does not every year go to the best over all team,  we just expected better from our team. 

Sections
Shortcuts