Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

jumping ship when we are in the perfect storm of "injuries", lackluster coaching, and unmotivated/incompetent players will only get you drowned...i think we will all go down together...some screaming and yelling, some dancing, some praying, but we are going down....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]Dn't you need a good night's sleep George in order to teach SHOP in the morning?
    Posted by Pollyanna1964[/QUOTE]

cmon now pike, you must be getting really frustrated...chill out...take your anger out on the team, not the people who lament it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]It amazes me the way that people react to a brief skid. This is a really good team, they have issues, but so does everyone else. The only favorite is the Phillies, I see the rest of the playoff teams as pretty close. I agree with the poster above - Yanks-Sox ALCS. It will be a good one. Can't wait.
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom[/QUOTE]
    It never ceases to astound me. Some of these people, I'd think it was their first time ever observing the ups and downs of a full season of baseball if I didn't know for a fact that they'd been here a while.

I seem to recall that some patrons of this board were sounding the panic alarm all summer and fall in 2007 too...we all know how that turned out.

A really rough week or two doesn't mean the season is over - not in April, not now. There will be at least a few more chances for Bill to jump on and off the bandwagon before all's said and done. Just get a grip, people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]Stand up and be counted! (SawxBlog Illustration)   I'm staying with the ship. I'll be with the band and the captain. I'm not leaving! But if you do decide to jump off, don't bother coming to the World Championship parade.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

We have become a team of injury prone players with a few underachievers mixed in but you never bail on your team.  Otherwise you were never a real fan to begin with.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

not bailing......but not happy the way they are playing right now......chairs need to be thrown

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : cmon now pike, you must be getting really frustrated...chill out...take your anger out on the team, not the people who lament it Posted by georom4[/QUOTE  But you lament the team ALL of the time and you do it to establish an identity / personna in here. You get your kicks out of doing so. That is cowardly. Do you do this voluntarily or do you work for the Globe as a salaried employee? You sound like a Globe plant to me.

you have officially jumped the forum shark -  i dont even know what this means...go to bed, get a nice nite's sleep, get a good cup of joe in the morning, and start with a new screen name - you will feel better Pike!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm happy we are playing like this, because when we win a ring, the ship jumpers will have been made into fools twice in the same year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]jumping ship when we are in the perfect storm of "injuries", lackluster coaching, and unmotivated/incompetent players will only get you drowned...i think we will all go down together...some screaming and yelling, some dancing, some praying, but we are going down....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Please clarify this stattement.
    Are you saying the Boston RedSox will not make the playoffs this year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Best.Team.Evah. Show Best.Team.Evah's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : cmon now pike, you must be getting really frustrated...chill out...take your anger out on the team, not the people who lament it Posted by georom4[/QUOTE  But you lament the team ALL of the time and you do it to establish an identity / personna in here. You get your kicks out of doing so. That is cowardly. Do you do this voluntarily or do you work for the Globe as a salaried employee? You sound like a Globe plant to me.

You have less than 4000 posts?

You have no right to post here!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : hey Kim, could you move a couple of steps to your right?... ..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

LOL. Don't know how I missed this one, Jete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Stop crying! Get a hold of yourselves. Refreshments are being served on the upper deck. This is a cruise ship. All reports of impending doom have been greatly exaggerated.

However, lifeboats are being lowered for all those whose purpose it is to ruin the party. Bon Voyage! Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I'm sticking with the team. Is there really any other way? Put on your life jackets and enjoy the drama!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

I say those RS who wanted to get rid of the WC because it made pennant races boring are experiencing the "be careful what you wish for" phenomenon!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]I say those RS who wanted to get rid of the WC because it made pennant races boring are experiencing the "be careful what you wish for" phenomenon!
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

How many were there of those, two or three?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

What all the doomsayers and ship-jumpers and general negative nellies are missing is:  in the beautiful dramatic saga that is a baseball season, these are indeed terrible times, but also the richest if the team pulls through.  When the 30 for 30 Special on the 2011 Championship Red Sox is released, you will get chills when the deep narration voice speaks of the devastating sweep at the Trop that threatened to bury the club ... there is no sweet redemption without this nadir of despair.  Thats just basic dramatic structure.  Ithe most desparate times, people find their inner fortitude.  Transcendence is not possible without struggle.  Of course, it looks bleak.  But, welcome to the great  melodrama of the baseball stage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I'm happy we are playing like this, because when we win a ring, the ship jumpers will have been made into fools twice in the same year.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

HA! Moon,  love it!

You have a great insight into so many things ... sticking it to them seems to be another one..

Glad you're here, dude.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Short story for all that see the "obvious" ...

In 1922, a church in Lamar, SC held a "revival" (tent meeting, protracted meeting, etc.) for 3 weeks.  Not uncommon time length back then.  It was a total failure.  Only two little boys came to the altar and asked Jesus in their lives. 
      The church was dishearetened.  But they didn't see the real picture.
      The two boys, twins, grew up to be pastors.  That's good, right?
      And several of their sons grew up to be pastors, college professors (in Christian colleges), song writers and musicians.  Their influence in my denomination has been incredible.  Some of the finest hearts, deepest minds and sweetest voices we could hope for.
       But the revival was a failure.

Was it?

I know you can tell me that story took two (really three) generations to come to maturity ... though it goes on now 5 generations later.

But the point really is, those folks in Lamar knew it failed.  Lived that way for the next 35 to 40 years until they closed their doors.

If you see it failing, if you believe it's failing ... it doesn't matter if it's really successful ... you'll just see the failure.

If you see the positives, on the other hand, even in the most difficult times, there can be victory.

I hope you choose wisely.

I stand with the Sox ... this season AND forty yearrs from now ... if I'm still kicking.  With them ... not giving up.  Not now.  Not evah.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]Stand up and be counted! (SawxBlog Illustration)   I'm staying with the ship. I'll be with the band and the captain. I'm not leaving! But if you do decide to jump off, don't bother coming to the World Championship parade.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Are you using the same photo-editing software as Pinstripezac? Are you Pinstripezac?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

I'm on board 100%.  Another WS victory will be all the sweeter!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'm still here! not going anywhere.

GO SOX.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still here! not going anywhere. GO SOX.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

To the end hammah.  this thing ain't over.  Gonna be a pretty electric atmosphere when the Rays hit the Fens this week. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : To the end hammah.  this thing ain't over.  Gonna be a pretty electric atmosphere when the Rays hit the Fens this week. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]afternoon Space and Hammah, it will get even better the week after as  the Yanks get the Rays and you guys back to back to finish it up, both races will likely be in the balance...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : afternoon Space and Hammah, it will get even better the week after as  the Yanks get the Rays and you guys back to back to finish it up, both races will likely be in the balance...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

liquor sales in the northeast should increase to record levelsTongue out