Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalMike. Show SoCalMike's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

Hi folks, I could never jump ship,. However, I am looking at the life jacket so I can stay afloat until we right the ship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

Been too busy to post regularly on here this summer, but never never never will I give up on the Sox. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

I WOULD NEVER jump ship. I will watch the Sox play if the score is 15-1 in the 9th inning. And I mean that either way the score is..................I Love The Red Sox, they need us now..........................!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    Stand up and be counted! (SawxBlog Illustration)   I'm staying with the ship. I'll be with the band and the captain. I'm not leaving! But if you do decide to jump off, don't bother coming to the World Championship parade.
    Posted by fir.eballer58

Keepin' the faith! It's tough, but keepin' the faith! Alot depends upon Beckett, but keepin' the faith!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from odessagolfer. Show odessagolfer's posts

What Ship? 

This team still has the 3rd best record in baseball and they have a 7 game lead in the wild card.  My concerns are not about them getting to the playoffs, it's about what happens when they do, if Beckett is really hurt.  I have liked Bedard, but he is just another arm.  I think it's time to start Aceves and let him have a shot at the second or third slot in the rotation.

I still think Lackey is not going to surprise anyone, but he has been lucky getting lots of run support.  Decent pitching and great hitting can win games in the playoffs, but not all the time.

I think Miller is an enigma.  He has talent, but no clue on how to be consistent.  This could be telling.  I don't want Weiland or Wake to be starters in the playoffs, so Beckett is pretty crucial to how far we advance. 

But, "Jump Ship"!  You would have to be an idiot to even consider it!

Just my thoughts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --theYazzer--. Show --theYazzer--'s posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
     LOL... I guess many posters haven't really been watching over the years but this is what being a Sox Fan is all about !! Great Expectations at the start, so so beginning followed by a string of good fortune and a Rise to the top, Mix in a Ho Hum Augest and September Then Follow all that up by getting into the playoffs and hope for that lightning in a bottle to carry you over. Been a Fan since 67 and will die a Red Sox fan. Welcome to the Pain many of us have experienced for quite a while now !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL

hey al,

this year's different. this year an inept GM blew 142 million dollars on a player the SOX didn't need, instead of fixing the HOLES that already existed.
    the failure of this season falls squarely on THEO'S arrogant shoulders.

let's not even bring up SLACKEY and FAT-BUTT JENKS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I never jump ship. Nor do I get giddy over the day or minute. Team is still a contender, but construction and current roster management mistakes are quite embarrassing. Team and payroll will have to win in spite of management.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Still on board, and even if we hit the water, I'll be on the door with Kate rooting for the Sox!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am too busy painting nudes of Kate Winslett to notice if the ship is sinking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

If this team bombs in playoffs or gets whipped in WS, my hope is that Theo closes the bridge door and goes down with the RMS Epstein. Don't hire another engineer to use a fortune to build a ship with a hull that bursts because of design and construction flaws and Tim Wastefield and Mike Aviles as water wings life jackets. Theo should go down with the 3rd class passengers he charged a fortune to berth in a rat infested cargo space. And I better not see Tito put a whig on and try and get in one of 3 lifeboats that Theo said would never need to be used.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Quick, somebody keelhaul Softlaw!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Quick, someone find where's cream coming from, back or front. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I can sing a mean rendition of "Nearer My God to Thee..."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I have been a supporter of the Boston Red Sox every season since I can remember. That would be about 1960. If I never gave up on them in all that time, why the Hell would I turn my back on them now?

Next dumb question, please?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Till the bitter ends

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

No one will actually admit that they're jumping ship in such a direct and obvious way as far as posting about it on this thread.  To do so would force them to confront an aspect of their personality that they, no doubt, aren't prepared to do.  They will, however, reveal themselves to be "Saux" fans in more indirect ways.  Be ever vigilant of these interlopers and be prepared to mock them accordingly.

*leans back in chair, sips Bush Light*   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : Hmm ... for all your bluster, you usually just go to the edge of the cliff/bridge before coming back in. I guess you jumped this time. Well Bill, see ya'. Gonna miss you around here.
    Posted by royf19
      SO ROY,  WOULD YOU GO ABOARD THE TITANIC KNOWING IT WAS GOING ICE HUNTING !!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I'm sticking with the team, although I haven't been on here as much lately due to business travel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theeYAZZER. Show theeYAZZER's posts

Been too busy to post regularly on here this summer, but never never never will I give up on the Sox. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25

that's cool yoshimi; not giving up on them.
    here's what's really sad; the fans, like you and me, care more about how well the sox do than the sox players. they get paid no matter what.
    i see a lot of smiling down on the field during the games when the SOX are losing. what are they smiling about?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? :   SO ROY,  WOULD YOU GO ABOARD THE TITANIC KNOWING IT WAS GOING ICE HUNTING !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill, thanks for admitting that you're a strictly a frontrunner. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Gee, I don't know ... in the history of professional sports, no team has ever come back from 2 1/2 games back with 22 games remaining.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

How can any real Sox fan jump ship anyway? There is no other ship any of us would ever chose to serve on but the USREDSOX. It's just hard not to notice that the Yorktown looked better after the battle of Midway then the USREDSOX does right now. But as long as we are still afloat, and get some of our guns working again there is always a chance we won't meet the same fate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Gee, I don't know ... in the history of professional sports, no team has ever come back from 2 1/2 games back with 22 games remaining.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Dream the impossible dream Lloyd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When you say "jump ship" do you mean we stop being Red Sox fans and switch to Seattle or something, or are we saying some might now think the team probably won't win the WS? Is that abandoning ship? Well, odds are against them winning the WS at this point, (it would be foolish to maintain they're the favorite) but that doesn't mean I'll stop watching the games. However, if Beckett has a serious injury, women and children first--but I guess we'll all sit in the boats and watch the ship go down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

No reason at all to abandon ship or hope.  Too much talent.  Hopefully this is just another of the small dips in a very long season.

It is time for the ship captain and his crew to maybe do some light reading.  May I suggest:

- The Sacrifice Bunt; When and How to Use It (pay attention to chapter 13, scoreless game, 7th inning, man on 1st, no outs and a .250 hitter at the plate)

- Staying Healthy for the Long Haul

- Hitting in the Clutch; YES, YOU(k) CAN DO IT

- Hitting for Power Outside the State of Texas

- Big Inning Avoidance (this one is for the hurlers only)

- From 0-6 to World Champs (oops, this is just available for pre-order at the moment)

Sections
Shortcuts