Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]Gee, I don't know ... in the history of professional sports, no team has ever come back from 2 1/2 games back with 22 games remaining.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

LOL...good one Lloyd. I only put my stamp on it though if Beckett is ok. He's not, and we're in trouble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

Of course we stick with them. It's just they aren't very good right now. This is 2009 all over again. They lose to the Rangers, probably beat the Tigers. And the Yankees will still be tough even though we've dominated them most of the year. If we get by the first round a 7 game series would help. Here's hoping, but I don't believe this team is going to the World Series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If Beckett is out for the season, I can hear the band striking up " Nearer my God to Thee."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yank06. Show yank06's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]Impossible not to stick with the Sox to the bitter end or maybe not so bitter.  Fat lady ain't singing yet. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Fat Lady ain't singing yet, but she is sure starting to hum pretty loud!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Impossible not to stick with the Sox to the bitter end or maybe not so bitter.  Fat lady ain't singing yet. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

she may not be singing but she is feeding and conditoning our players...wtffff?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? :   SO ROY,  WOULD YOU GO ABOARD THE TITANIC KNOWING IT WAS GOING ICE HUNTING !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Umm ... this is the Red Sox, a baseball team that has had one of the best records in baseball since the end of may and has done a lot of good things that has made it a fun season. A slow start or a mini slump is hardly the Titanic.

I have enough brains to differentiate the two. It gets pretty pathetic that anytime the team loses a couple of games or, HEAVENS FORBID, fall a couple of games behind the Yankees, a lot of you fall off the deep end and lose all sense of proportion.

Bill -- if your weak that you let your emotions cloud your brain and better judgement, fine. While I can be emotionally invested in the season as much as the next fan, I can still main perspective and not panic at any slight sign of adversity. 

You about abandoned ship in after 12 games and look what happened. Look how many people were tossing in the season a couple of weeks ago, the last time the Sox fell out of first, only to see the Sox get back in first place.

Look how many fans wrote off the Texas trip only to see the Sox come back and  rout the Rangers a couple of straight games. 

Just because teams in the past might have collapsed in the past doesn't mean that the 21st century Red Sox that have won two W.S. in the past seven seasons are going to do the same. You can live in the past and be a prisoner of history. I prefer to have faith in the team, knowing they have a lot of good players and know that at any given time, they can reel off a nice winning streak.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Give up? Give up?

It isn't over until we say it is!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE&NR=1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

You can live in the past and be a prisoner of history. I prefer to have faith in the team, knowing they have a lot of good players and know that at any given time, they can reel off a nice winning streak.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of your post, but I'd also say right about now would be a great time for them to give those of us who are prisoners of history a reason to have the same faith you have.

There is no reason we still can't win the AL East, and not once again have to settle for second best to the Yankees. I'll keep the faith, as long as our team shows some pride!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Sticking

untill the day I die
    for me this is not a few months or a season this is for life and beyond
    Sox for ever

Lets Go Red Sox

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : Umm ... this is the Red Sox, a baseball team that has had one of the best records in baseball since the end of may and has done a lot of good things that has made it a fun season. A slow start or a mini slump is hardly the Titanic. I have enough brains to differentiate the two. It gets pretty pathetic that anytime the team loses a couple of games or, HEAVENS FORBID, fall a couple of games behind the Yankees, a lot of you fall off the deep end and lose all sense of proportion. Bill -- if your weak that you let your emotions cloud your brain and better judgement, fine. While I can be emotionally invested in the season as much as the next fan, I can still main perspective and not panic at any slight sign of adversity.  You about abandoned ship in after 12 games and look what happened. Look how many people were tossing in the season a couple of weeks ago, the last time the Sox fell out of first, only to see the Sox get back in first place. Look how many fans wrote off the Texas trip only to see the Sox come back and  rout the Rangers a couple of straight games.  Just because teams in the past might have collapsed in the past doesn't mean that the 21st century Red Sox that have won two W.S. in the past seven seasons are going to do the same. You can live in the past and be a prisoner of history. I prefer to have faith in the team, knowing they have a lot of good players and know that at any given time, they can reel off a nice winning streak.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]  ROY.....  I PREFER TO "SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY" !!!   I ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO COME BACK IF WE START TO PLAY "SMARTER, NOT HARDER" !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? :   ROY.....  I PREFER TO "SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY" !!!   I ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO COME BACK IF WE START TO PLAY "SMARTER, NOT HARDER" !!!

You lost that right quitter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? :   ROY.....  I PREFER TO "SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY" !!!   I ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO COME BACK IF WE START TO PLAY "SMARTER, NOT HARDER" !!!

If you're asking WHY -- who are you asking? Any time the Sox face even the slightest adversity, you go off the deep end. Your dad should say to you, "SON, GO ASK SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS SOMEHING ABOUT THE GAME, BECAUSE SORRY TO SAY, YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME IS NEGLIGIBLE.''

A baseball season has all sorts of ups and downs. The Sox have had their stumbles this year yet have what, the third-best record in the game. They've always bounced back.

Try this for a change. Stop being such a frontrunner and be a real fan who supports his/her team in tough times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

hmmm I did not know there was an option if you love the Red Sox!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

will not be the first time i went down with the ship,i will be here till the last game!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

I'm not going anywhere, Beckett will be fine and ready to go in the postseason.  Everyone needs to calm down!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

If Beckett is done, then the ship has sunk, no need for the Poll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? :   SO ROY,  WOULD YOU GO ABOARD THE TITANIC KNOWING IT WAS GOING ICE HUNTING !!!!!

I really am surprised at you Bill. I have more faith in this Sox team than you do and I hate the Sox.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsDad. Show BillsDad's posts

SON, I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT A PATHETIC LOSER YOU'VE BECOME!!!1!!  YOUR MOTHER AND DIDN'T RAISE NO QUITTERS!!!!!  WHY DO YOU BRING SO MUCH SHAME TO OUR FAMILY!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Does anyone really need to ask me what I'm doing? LOL

I don't even see a sinking ship, so I'm completely on another deck. I'm laying out, soaking up the sun and just enjoying the ride. A life preserver would completely ruin my outfit, so I'm not wearing one. Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

...I'm not not sure ....

of the next time I have to pee.

But I'll be there to watch the duck boats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Summer,

I was wondering just the other day if the Center was prepared for this early influx of lost and needy souls.

Sure seems like the whining is getting LOUD.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone really need to ask me what I'm doing? LOL I don't even see a sinking ship, so I'm completely on another deck. I'm laying out, soaking up the sun and just enjoying the ride. A life preserver would completely ruin my outfit, so I'm not wearing one.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Are you not wearing a lifepreserver or not wearing an outfit?

Wink

;)