Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

Damn Moon  Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?

First: 9/27/2005
    Last: 9/7/2011
    IDoes anyone really need to ask me what I'm doing? LOL I don't even see a sinking ship, so I'm completely on another deck. I'm laying out, soaking up the sun and just enjoying the ride. A life preserver would completely ruin my outfit, so I'm not wearing one.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Nice!

Are you not wearing a lifepreserver or not wearing an outfit?

Wink

;)

Sox4ever

Say Hi, guys ....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

so lets update a bit shall we?
    14-0 last night and lester was lester.
    good news is josh has a sprained ankle. will miss probably one start.
    timmy get's his 200th tonight. take that to the bank.
    scoots just might be the right fit for the 6 hole.
    salty is seasoning and becoming the catcher we knew he could be.
    devilrays are back to 10 games behind in the wc race.
    time for our sox to go on a string of wins.

let me get an amen somebody

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Amen!

I love Salty's power, resiliency, beard, and cannon.  I hope next year he can improve the .307 obp. 

Get 200, Wake!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : Nice! Are you not wearing a lifepreserver or not wearing an outfit? ;)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]hey Kim, could you move a couple of steps to your right?...Nikon Action Zoom XL 10-22x50 Porro Prism Binocular..Tongue outWink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

These threads about "sticking with the team" are moronic.  The team is 3 games out of first and what, 8 up in the wild card, with 3 weeks left in the season.  Sure, we'd all prefer to win the division, but at this point, with a play-off birth nearly a lock, the main priority is getting as healthy as possible before the post-season begins.

3rd best record in baseball, heading to the play-offs and Red Sox fans want to pretend the sky is falling.  Move to Kansas City or Baltimore, then you can have a legitimate reason to be miserable and pessimistic.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

First: 5/31/2008
    Last: 9/7/2011
    Summer,

I was wondering just the other day if the Center was prepared for this early influx of lost and needy souls.

Sure seems like the whining is getting LOUD.

Yaz, old friend!!

You must be referring to the Enema Wing of the Field of Broken Dreams Rehabilitation Facility.

It's awfully quiet in there, though.  Even now.

Not as noisy as in years past.

If you know of anyone checking in for a tune-up - nothing like a little ECT to start the day, I tell ya! - tell them to stay away from the custard pudding.

And the nursing staff.

But I digress...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Who among us is sticking with this team to the very end and who is abandoning ship? : Nice! Are you not wearing a lifepreserver or not wearing an outfit? ;)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

LOL, Moon. Depends on what mood I'm in, but never together. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]moonslav59 Posts: 18662 First: 9/27/2005 Last: 9/7/2011 IDoes anyone really need to ask me what I'm doing? LOL I don't even see a sinking ship, so I'm completely on another deck. I'm laying out, soaking up the sun and just enjoying the ride. A life preserver would completely ruin my outfit, so I'm not wearing one. Posted by kimsaysthis Nice!   Are you not wearing a lifepreserver or not wearing an outfit?   ;) Sox4ever 16   Stop ignoring southpaw777 www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=977cd2d7208407bde78c876cf85adb15&plckUserId=977cd2d7208407bde78c876cf85adb15 " /> southpaw777 Posts: 1515 First: 4/2/2011 Last: 9/7/2011 Damn Moon    Say Hi, guys ....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

LOL, Yaz.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]SinceYaz Posts: 2984 First: 5/31/2008 Last: 9/7/2011 Summer, I was wondering just the other day if the Center was prepared for this early influx of lost and needy souls. Sure seems like the whining is getting LOUD. Yaz, old friend!! You must be referring to the Enema Wing of the Field of Broken Dreams Rehabilitation Facility. It's awfully quiet in there, though.  Even now. Not as noisy as in years past. If you know of anyone checking in for a tune-up - nothing like a little ECT to start the day, I tell ya! - tell them to stay away from the custard pudding. And the nursing staff. But I digress...
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Yes, my good friend.  Thank you for the real name ... My GPS wasn't picking up on what I was typing in ...  "start over; no such input; might we suggest...."

I do sincerely hope that Enemas (capitalized in respect to the unit name) and ECT are not being administered at the same time!  (Unless the patient - uh -client - has a name starting with less than hard, or small child.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]These threads about "sticking with the team" are moronic.  The team is 3 games out of first and what, 8 up in the wild card, with 3 weeks left in the season.  Sure, we'd all prefer to win the division, but at this point, with a play-off birth nearly a lock, the main priority is getting as healthy as possible before the post-season begins. 3rd best record in baseball, heading to the play-offs and Red Sox fans want to pretend the sky is falling.  Move to Kansas City or Baltimore, then you can have a legitimate reason to be miserable and pessimistic.   
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

TMC ... I don't think that these threads have anything to do with Joseph Smith or Brigham Young ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I've stayed on board since they brought Cronin down from Washington and Grove, Foxx and Cramer up from Philly; why would I quit now? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

If you give up in September your not a fan grow a pair and ride the waves, threads like this are pathetic

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I have jumped ship.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Truth is, hardly anybody actually abandons the ship, including the whiners and doomsayers.  They stick around long after they say they've given up.  The giving up talk is just their way of coping with all the stress and worry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

I'll admit that the ship is certainly taking on water.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Did anybody really expect that we would never have another bad stretch after April? I couple runs here or there and nobody would be jumping ship.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Did anybody really expect that we would never have another bad stretch after April? I couple runs here or there and nobody would be jumping ship.

By my calculations, every team in baseball will undergo 3-4 crests and 3-4 troughs over the duration of the wave that is the MLB season.  The best teams just have longers crests and shorter troughs.  But you cannot escape the 3-4 troughs.  As my longboarding, 10-hangin' Dad would say, "Son, you just gotta get in the curl and ride."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, this last "trough" is enough to make you "jump ship"?

Couldn't a nice "crest" be right around the corner and just in time?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]So, this last "trough" is enough to make you "jump ship"? Couldn't a nice "crest" be right around the corner and just in time?
     Moon.  Yes, of course.  The jumping ship post was just tongue-in-cheek nonsense on a nonsense thread.  I go down with the ship, if necessary, same as it ever was.  But, I see that nice crest around the corner, as the nice crest is always around the corner with this club.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I Digress

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Then again for the quitters, you might want to try this first!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]So, this last "trough" is enough to make you "jump ship"? Couldn't a nice "crest" be right around the corner and just in time?

moon - With what rotation? 3 of the 5 guys are a complete mess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it would be nice if we could enter the playoffs not playing our worst ball of the season