Poor Daisuke

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Poor Daisuke

Matsuzaka wanted to pitch in the best baseball league in the world and make more money.  Can't really fault him for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

They talk about curbing Darvish's down to 4 pitches from 7.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hmm.  I didn't get a poor-me feeling about that article at all.  Perhaps your perception of the article was colored by your own dislike for Matsuzaka.  I can understand that.  But there was hardly a note of 'misunderstood' in the whole thing.  In fact, Daisuke comes across here as a stand up guy.  When asked if the Tito/Farrell adjustments fouled up his approach, he put on himself, saying it was his own adjustments.  When asked about continuing his career in Boston, he expressed how much he wanted to and how much his family likes it in Boston (a far cry from 'so far from home'), and also how he knew he had to prove that he could pitch to the standards of Boston baseball. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Tim Wastefield cost over 50 million. John Slackey, Carl Crawford, etc!!

The reason DiceK, who was an integral part of 2007 title season and was very good in 2008, is because bigoted Boston hates Asian players.

Wastefield as the million dollar pot bellied team mascot too years to unplug. Merit is not the bottom line for Boston sports.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

A lot of people would take a high profile job in a foreign country if they didn't speak the language or understand the customs if they were getting paid millions of dollars to do what they loved.   If Russia offered me a multi-million dollar contract for 8 years to come live in Russia and become their official manga artist, I'd move in a heartbeat. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Daisuke:
    [QUOTE]Tim Wastefield cost over 50 million. John Slackey, Carl Crawford, etc!! The reason DiceK, who was an integral part of 2007 title season and was very good in 2008, is because bigoted Boston hates Asian players. Wastefield as the million dollar pot bellied team mascot too years to unplug. Merit is not the bottom line for Boston sports.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

This would explain the endless missives of praise, love and support for Lackey we find here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]Tim Wastefield cost over 50 million. John Slackey, Carl Crawford, etc!! The reason DiceK, who was an integral part of 2007 title season and was very good in 2008, is because bigoted Boston hates Asian players. Wastefield as the million dollar pot bellied team mascot too years to unplug. Merit is not the bottom line for Boston sports.

I'm so glad lead paint was finally outlawed...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Yep, Dave often reads into articles things that nobody else does. I think that he just enjoys starting atypical threads.  I also read the article and have no idea where Dave is coming from.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Daisuke : I'm so glad lead paint was finally outlawed...
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

By my estimation , it's been about 40 years or more since you could buy paint with lead in it. Not sure what you mean by "finally."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Daisuke : By my estimation , it's been about 40 years or more since you could buy paint with lead in it. Not sure what you mean by "finally."
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

It means that whenever it was, it wasn't soon enough to save Hank.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The reason DiceK, who was an integral part of 2007 title season and was very good in 2008, is because bigoted Boston hates Asian players.

That must be why a majority of posters here were clamoring for Hideki Okajima to be called up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

"The reason DiceK, who was an integral part of 2007 title season and was very good in 2008, is because bigoted Boston hates Asian players."

This is an incoherent sentence.

Anyway, the reason people are disappointed in Dice- K is that he hasn't lived up to his billing, which is unfair because expectations were way too high to begin with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I don't recall any anti-Asian bias toward Dice-K ...

I DO recall a great deal of celebrating that we beat out the Jangees for Dice-K's services.

And while I had no problem with his nibbling style, I know others got tired of it after a while ... It had nothing to do with his being Asian.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]I don't recall any anti-Asian bias toward Dice-K ... I DO recall a great deal of celebrating that we beat out the Jangees for Dice-K's services. And while I had no problem with his nibbling style, I know others got tired of it after a while ... It had nothing to do with his being Asian.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

But then you are a sincere, moral, and honest man with principles and Softlaw is not. You however are in a den of atheists, trolls, and insincerity where truth, sincerity, loyalty, and religion are scorned upon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Poor Daisuke:
    [QUOTE]Reading Cafardo's column about the underachieving Matsuzaka today brought a tear to my eye. The poor guy is just so misunderstood and so very, very far from home. Maybe he should have thought of these things before choosing to pitch in the United States. Would you take a high profile job in Japan if you couldn't speak the language and knew nothing of their customs? Funny how Daisuke doesn't talk about returning to his homeland to continue his career. For every puff piece Cafardo writes, there should be a corresponding column from Shaughnessy....sort of a point-counterpoint thing.Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

This is the second (the first was about "Christian Athletes") thread that YOU'VE STARTED which I have participated in. My twofold conclusion, based on these two threads is that you probably should...
     1. Read with a bit better comprehension about the subject at hand so you can have an informed thought.
    2. Come without a personal agenda to create strife.

That's two strikes for you.
    One more and you know what that means...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Davetheknave....third strike means no soup for you

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Daisuke : But then you are a sincere, moral, and honest man with principles and Softlaw is not. You however are in a den of atheists, trolls, and insincerity where truth, sincerity, loyalty, and religion are scorned upon.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

Ha!
    BTW, Ft Meade MD or Ft Mead, FL?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

"The reason DiceK, who was an integral part of 2007 title season and was very good in 2008, is (hated) because bigoted Boston hates Asian players."

This is an incoherent sentence.

If you had a coherent brain, you would be able to read message board comments with clear meaning that aren't edited. You knew what the sentence meant, which is why you made the stupid comment, supra:

Anyway, the reason people are disappointed in Dice- K is that he hasn't lived up to his billing, which is unfair because expectations were way too high to begin with.

The reason "people" are disappointed in Dice-K is that he's Asian and not one of the good ole boys. Billing is expectations, so your sentence is a contradiction. DiceK wasn't "billed" to be the next Ted Williams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

The pot calling the kettle black....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i would move to Bangladesh if they offered me 50 million....I always liked Dice - Theo/Tito/Sabernonsense totally screwed up Dice....you dont mess with someone's mechanics if they are working - any moron knows that....as far as the language goes, english is pretty hard to learn, as is japananese - but a quality guy can be understood in any language....I hope Dice gets healthy and plays out his career here

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]They talk about curbing Darvish's down to 4 pitches from 7.... 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    And Dice-K according to the article never did have 7 pitches. There never has been a MLB pitcher who had 7 effective pitches that were used on a regular basis. Has there? Salient words, effective and regular basis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Fortmeade,

Atheists, trolls, insincere people...which of these don't belong?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

No, but he was billed as the Japanese Pedro Martinez, a level of expectation he could not possibly have met.

I Like Dice-K. He's a good pitcher whose style has not always been effective here. He's received some unfair criticism regarding his devotion to Japan and the WBC, but that's about as far as you can go accusing people of bias against his Asian heritage. Boston fans will support any player who helps the team win, Dice- K really hasn't done that recently.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

He's a good pitcher whose style has not always been effective here.

Beckett's "style has not always been effective here". And Tim Wastefield's style was never effective, here. Wastefield never helped the team win championships, but DiceK most certainly an important part of 2007 rare AL East division title and WS title.

Beckett hasn't helped the team win, lately. Doesn't take much to reveal bigotry, so your best bet is not to use "style" when making defensive comments about Boston bigotry.

Sections
Shortcuts