POOR DREW.. HURT FROM SITTING ON THE PINE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

POOR DREW.. HURT FROM SITTING ON THE PINE?

its clearly the end for no-hit drew. a slugging average of almost under .300, ops of .600, way under the mendoza line for july. no where to go. reddick is now playing everyday with mac backing him up. what purpose does drew serve? my gues is theo sent him home so he can bring up a guy who can actually help the team and play multiple positions and perhaps we can give drew to a team like pittsburgh for a single A prospect if we pay all his salary. plus drew may give them a type b free agent. methinks its all overfor him in boston. we have seent he last of just done drew!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: POOR DREW.. HURT FROM SITTING ON THE PINE?

In Response to POOR DREW.. HURT FROM SITTING ON THE PINE?:
    [QUOTE]its clearly the end for no-hit drew. a slugging average of almost under .300, ops of .600, way under the mendoza line for july. no where to go. reddick is now playing everyday with mac backing him up. what purpose does drew serve? my gues is theo sent him home so he can bring up a guy who can actually help the team and play multiple positions and perhaps we can give drew to a team like pittsburgh for a single A prospect if we pay all his salary. plus drew may give them a type b free agent. methinks its all overfor him in boston. we have seent he last of just done drew!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

He's just a selfish ballplayer. If he was indeed playing hurt, why not tell your bosses? He wasn't doing the Red Sox any good. He'll be on the DL until September so that they can recall him after the 1st and have options for the playoffs, assuming they make it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Theo Epstein should send JD Drew to Korea for Chan Ho Park. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: POOR DREW.. HURT FROM SITTING ON THE PINE?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to POOR DREW.. HURT FROM SITTING ON THE PINE? : He's just a selfish ballplayer. If he was indeed playing hurt, why not tell your bosses? He wasn't doing the Red Sox any good. He'll be on the DL until September so that they can recall him after the 1st and have options for the playoffs, assuming they make it.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

How do you know he didn't tell his boss?

And for years, the criticism was that he didn't play hurt, and now the criticism is that he did play hurt?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I doubt that he is really hurt. Just a ploy to get him out of the way for a while, until the Sox can sort things out for the stretch run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

we'll see him again in the playoffs where he'll come through with a clutch hit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]we'll see him again in the playoffs where he'll come through with a clutch hit
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Uh yeah because that is what we need him for the occasional bIg hit in the play-offs. Imagine if the whole team was built for this, we would be in last place.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

It is over for JD.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Again, your team is playing great ball.  You all have gotten what you want and now its time to rub it in further.  When did Sox fans begin to sink this low?  I must have missed that memo.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: POOR DREW.. HURT FROM SITTING ON THE PINE? : Uh yeah because that is what we need him for the occasional bIg hit in the play-offs. Imagine if the whole team was built for this, we would be in last place.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
     Nice post!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

But, will Theo ever admit he made a mistake?

For those of you who laughed at and argued with andrewmitch and others like myself who have been calling for the release, removal or whatever of Drew, who has not only not lived up to his potential, but hasn't even lived up to the potential of Juan Beniquez or Mario Guerrerro or Carlos Quintana.....what is your take now? Is he still "worth it" for the "stellar" defense? Is it okay that he gets hurt EVERY YEAR? Is .260 or .232 the type batting average a $70 million dollar player should be shooting for?

How much have they missed him in the lineup since Reddick has replaced him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: POOR DREW.. HURT FROM SITTING ON THE PINE? : Uh yeah because that is what we need him for the occasional bIg hit in the play-offs. Imagine if the whole team was built for this, we would be in last place.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
     who said that was the reason we have him?  just saying wouldn't be surprised if he came through with something big in the playoffs, nothing more nor less.  he was supposed to be the .270 drew with high obp some good pop and excellent fielding skills that he had been mostly before this season.  no one expected his rapid deterioration at the bat.  all the same, it's nice to have a veteran presence in the post-season if needed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]But, will Theo ever admit he made a mistake? For those of you who laughed at and argued with andrewmitch and others like myself who have been calling for the release, removal or whatever of Drew, who has not only not lived up to his potential, but hasn't even lived up to the potential of Juan Beniquez or Mario Guerrerro or Carlos Quintana.....what is your take now? Is he still "worth it" for the "stellar" defense? Is it okay that he gets hurt EVERY YEAR? Is .260 or .232 the type batting average a $70 million dollar player should be shooting for? How much have they missed him in the lineup since Reddick has replaced him?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Well see this year he has been horrible.  We all know that.  The last 4 years he was overpaid but reasonably productive.  Most of us know that too.  This isn't rocket science.  The inarguable fact that he is horrible now doesn't mean that he has been horrible the past four years.

By the way Quintana and Beniquez combined for 27 career homers as Red Sox, Guerrero was a shortstop.  Do you think your view is clouded at all my man?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

"Last 4years "REASONABLY PRODUCTIVE" ?

He was horrible in 2007

He was very good in 2008; however, he missed too much time in the 2nd half

He was "OK" in 2009

He was horrible again in 2010

And in 2011 he's been utterly pathetic

Zil - as evidenced by the prior post to mine here.....it's apparant that Drew supportors will continue to claim that "4 out of 5 years is good" -I say 1 out of 5 and that one year was incomplete........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Why do we need hundreds of posters "preaching to the choir"? Why not just designate a few regulars to chime in once a week to tell RSN that Drew has been a disappointment. How many posters tell us that Pedroia is a great second baseman. Where is the gloating this year about Ellsbury? Why so many redundant threads and posts about Drew for the last four years? Is it rewarding and fulfilling to tell RSN what they already are aware of? BORING.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]"Last 4years "REASONABLY PRODUCTIVE" ? He was horrible in 2007 He was very good in 2008; however, he missed too much time in the 2nd half He was "OK" in 2009 He was horrible again in 2010 And in 2011 he's been utterly pathetic Zil - as evidenced by the prior post to mine here.....it's apparant that Drew supportors will continue to claim that "4 out of 5 years is good" -I say 1 out of 5 and that one year was incomplete........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You seem to have problems with the English language.  "Reasonably productive" is not a compliment.   I said he was overpaid but was reasonably productive.  I didn't say he was good.  You really need to get a dictionary and look up overpaid and reasonably productive and see if it says "good" anywhere.  It means that for an outfielder Drew's production was reasonable.  And it was.  Until this year.  Now he stinks.  Again dude this isn't hard. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Insults Insults Insults

"reasonable productive" is subjective but if you can't discern between his 2007 season, his 2008 season, his 2009 season, and his 2010 season as is apparant by your generalization across that time period - ie the  "last 4 years" statement then well that's another matter entirely..........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well all of sudden Drew is not DL'ed

total ploy now w/ the roster - very obvious

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Insults Insults Insults "reasonable productive" is subjective but if you can't discern between his 2007 season, his 2008 season, his 2009 season, and his 2010 season as is apparant by your generalization across that time period - ie the  "last 4 years" statement then well that's another matter entirely..........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to insult you.  Just trying to figure out how you get me saying "Drew was good" when I said he was overpaid but reasonably productive.

You want me to bother to break it down by season?  Kind of boring but cool.

07 C

08 B

09 B

10 c

11 F

Pretty much what you think right?  Which is why I said he was overpaid.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

OK I take it back.......

Fair enough but I think you graded a little higher than I would have - but grades are also a little subjective....Overall, he was not worth the contract....I could have lived with something like 3 years/30 million - but what Theo gave him was reckless...........I can't wait for Drew to be gone........