Poor JBJr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Poor JBJr

Watching Lester pitch a gem tonight.  0 runs thru 7.....

A's announcers are turribleeee

other names i have posted under:  none

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Now that depressed me just now....Lester gem, wrong team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy we sure have come a long way from spring training 2013.  For the life of me I can't remember who I argued or disagreed with but I remember really getting into it with some people in here about rushing JBJ.

He was "absolutely" mlb ready in their eyes.  I would have had him start the year in Double A with an eye to triple A by mid summer, this would have given him a full year in double A.  Then I'd keep him in AAA this year and have been looking to bring him up right around now.

Right NOW is when I thought JBJ should have been getting the call up.

We can disagree all day on what JBJ may/may not become but can we at least all agree on ONE thing.

Can we please not put the next single A kid tearing it up in spring training on a pedestal???? can we not DEMAND the immediate MLB promotion to the next kid who just got promoted to AA??? can we give these kids ample time to develop.  I think even the most seasoned and MLB ready prospects can struggle for a while and take time to adjust, but those adjustment periods are only compounded by rushing a guy.

Imagine walking into a UFC gym and having to spare Jon Jones everyday, you'd be so completely outmatched that you would never learn a thing, rushing guys can impede their development. 

Whether or not JBJ has the talent to become a big league hitter is one thing, I'm choosing to leave that debate behind, for all I care you guys can take that as a win but PLEASE lets stop wanting to rush all these players....lets LEEEEEEARN from this.

[/QUOTE]

The problem isn't the fans, though. It's the FO for allowing this to happen. If the fans are dictating the decision making or pressing the team to do things to satisfy the masses (i.e. bring up the Prospects!), then what does that tell you about the FO?....There is simply no excuse for bringing up Betts, Bradley, Webster, etc before their time. Xander a massive rush job after rushing Iggy. It's ridiculous and it's the organization making the decisions--not the fans. Poor, very poor judgment.

[/QUOTE]

I dont disagree that reflects on the front office, but im talking about the conversations we have on this board.  Better informed conversations make for better conversations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

JBJ is absolutely lost at the plate why is it 90 % of the contributors see it and JF and his staff march him out there. He's a rally killer and an automatic out. Let's not forget Xander is not far from the same description and WMB who knows.

9 Bats in the lineup-4 are missing in action: Workman typical pitcher batting, nothing, along with WMB, Xander and JBJ nothing.

So 5 bats in the lineup vs 8. Good luck you guys. 47 games remain. That was against a weak hitting NL team. So tonight we get the Angels--against Buch. Granted the weather will be good so JF will have both Ortiz and Nap --lets not forget "singles" Nava

Even Eck , I think, made a comment about JF's daily changing lineup. It goes from bad to very bad. Keep in mind the Sox had Monday off so there should be no scheduled days off this weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Although I am one of his biggest supporters here, if he gets sent down I will not complain.  If it happens I will enjoy watching him run down outs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

PS - JBJ's OBP is now lower than Crawford's was in 2012. It's time for him to be moved to a bench role; we need to see how he responds to that because that is going to be his future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I really feel he will not be in the big leagues by this time next year...You have to hit to survive, and steven I absolutely understand why you like him---he is one of the best defensive OFs you will ever see--I have agreed with that assessment for as long as I've seen him in CF. I clamored for him to stay there and not be sat because I thought maybe he could play the position every day and get into a groove. But his hitting is beyond atrocious and he's not getting better, but worse. And that's the sign after 500 near at bats that the end is near for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I think it's it time to ease his pain

and send him down to regroup while finding out what betts of holt can do in CF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

I really feel he will not be in the big leagues by this time next year...You have to hit to survive, and steven I absolutely understand why you like him---he is one of the best defensive OFs you will ever see--I have agreed with that assessment for as long as I've seen him in CF. I clamored for him to stay there and not be sat because I thought maybe he could play the position every day and get into a groove. But his hitting is beyond atrocious and he's not getting better, but worse. And that's the sign after 500 near at bats that the end is near for him.

[/QUOTE]

I still think JBJ has a floor of a 4th outfielder.  With GG defense he's good enough to be a 4th outfielder even if he never hits. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He cannot hit a lick. This is who he is and he is not going to ever be Jacoby Ellsbury. He is a defensive late inning replacement who you can put into a game to pinch run. This is who he is a major league minimum player who cannot get on base by either walking or hitting his way on base. The FO sold him as a good alternative to Ellsbury. Currently he is in an 0-27 slump and needs to be sent down to Triple AAA Pawtucke to get additional instruction before his confidence is completely gone. What scares me is that I noticed he cannot hit a fastball and his swing is shaky at best. Didn't they notice this down in Triple AAA?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

*go the distance*

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

*go the distance*

[/QUOTE]

exactly ;-)

about 45 min 2 pawtucket

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

*go the distance*

[/QUOTE]

Danny I think they are afraid that if Betts remains up here and flops like Baeggarts and Bradley his trade value will drop like these two guys. Betts is going to be packaged in a trade I would suspect. The thing that gets me mad is that this team did not come close to defending their title and was out of it in a early June. Luchinno sold the fans this bill of goods that Baeggarts and Bradley were ready and they clearly were not. What championship team can win with two rookies in a lineup in two important positions?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

*go the distance*

[/QUOTE]

Danny I think they are afraid that if Betts remains up here and flops like Baeggarts and Bradley his trade value will drop like these two guys. Betts is going to be packaged in a trade I would suspect. The thing that gets me mad is that this team did not come close to defending their title and was out of it in a early June. Luchinno sold the fans this bill of goods that Baeggarts and Bradley were ready and they clearly were not. What championship team can win with two rookies in a lineup in two important positions?

[/QUOTE]

AL, you may be right. The Betts thing to me is interesting---Space said he got a cup of coffee, which does happen for some kids to just get their feet wet (or FO hoping the guy would be an immediate sensation--Xander was pretty good last year in that setting...not great, but certainly someone who could play 3b and hit enough to warrant every day play).....But it doesn't explain for JBJr and a few others up here. Either you are playing for the future, or you are not. The Sox have ZERO PLAN...that's my new mantra...The team has no plan and that means it's a dartboard for lineups and guys are coming and going from the clown car in Pawtucket. Nava and Holt are sort of going in different directions, but Farrell backed Holt and Nava continues to heat up a bit---or hit which so few Sox can sustain---Who deserves to play right now? Guys who you know won't be here in 2015 or guys who are in the plans for 2015? Which is it? Farrell/Ben can't answer that question because they don't know what to do at this point. They blew up the rotation and Webster starts v. Weaver...yikes...bad lineup and rookie pitchers....it's just getting worse by the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Middlebrooks? JBJr?? Holt??? Nava???? What do you do with these guys? Play them, not play them. Then you have the veteran crew--Napoli, Pedroia, Ortiz, Cespedes, and then you have 2 guys who really have no choice but to play out of circumstance--Vasquez, Xander.....It's a dartboard....Thankfully no Carp, Gomes, AJ in that mix anymore....Still, what is a manager or GM to do? Ben??? John????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

He cannot hit a lick. This is who he is and he is not going to ever be Jacoby Ellsbury. He is a defensive late inning replacement who you can put into a game to pinch run. This is who he is a major league minimum player who cannot get on base by either walking or hitting his way on base. The FO sold him as a good alternative to Ellsbury. Currently he is in an 0-27 slump and needs to be sent down to Triple AAA Pawtucke to get additional instruction before his confidence is completely gone. What scares me is that I noticed he cannot hit a fastball and his swing is shaky at best. Didn't they notice this down in Triple AAA?

[/QUOTE]

I guess they didn't.....maybe they should hire you as a scout. 

Apply for a job and use your baseball knowledge to SAVE US ALL 

http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The last time I saw someone apply for scout, it ended ugly for the team....Team Custer. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

... or we give a rookie the benefit of the doubt that he can overcome his rookie problems.

[/QUOTE]

Wow! The benefit of the doubt. What doubt?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

No Doubt? Mrs. Doubtfire? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox" rel="nofollow">http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I do notice things like I did in Iraq after 13 months there. I do not drink kook aide and like honest evaluations not yes men who tell me what I want to hear. I guess the truth hurts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No Doubt? Mrs. Doubtfire? 

Danny we know one thing this Winter, that they will not go to sleep and pat themselves on their backs and put themselves in for medal of honors awards like they did last year. This FO lost all credibility this year with how the team flopped and they did nothing over the Winter to pick up additional hitting. They have a lot of good will to do to make it up to the fan base. I cannot believe we have to watch this team for the next two months.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

AL, I'm at the park on Saturday...how's that for commitment (punishment?)...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox" rel="nofollow">http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox" rel="nofollow">http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I do notice things like I did in Iraq after 13 months there. I do not drink kook aide and like honest evaluations not yes men who tell me what I want to hear. I guess the truth hurts.

[/QUOTE]

Soooo is that what you think the Sox front office is filled with? Yes men who have no ideal what they are doing.  And therefore they have absolutely no ability to scout and develop players???? because the overall long term track record suggests the exact opposite. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

AL, I'm at the park on Saturday...how's that for commitment (punishment?)...

[/QUOTE]

On the upside I bet it was pretty easy to get tickets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox" rel="nofollow">http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox" rel="nofollow">http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox" rel="nofollow">http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox" rel="nofollow">http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=Boston+Red+Sox

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Soooo is that what you think the Sox front office is filled with? Yes men who have no ideal what they are doing.  And therefore they have absolutely no ability to scout and develop players???? because the overall long term track record suggests the exact opposite. 

[/QUOTE]

Their recent track record (the last six years) stinks. Two last place finishes in three years; one year in six in which they won a playoff game; big budget. I have no faith in those in charge of this franchise.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

Sections
Shortcuts