Poor Tim Wakefield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Poor Tim Wakefield

Tim Wakefield was sitting in the tugout last night thinking I wish they would score 14 runs for me.So I could win my 200th game and retire.Problem is he would give up 15 runs.Just joking.Good luck Wake tonight,we need the win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: Poor Tim Wakefield

Not a joke for the 5 plus ERA for over 2 years 45 year old. Wake is just now entering his prime years for a knuckleball pitcher. Like fine wine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

If the Sox need to sit around in a 'tugout' to get 14 runs so be it, but I'm happy not to have to see it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

The guys is absolutely pathetic. I dont care what is down in the farm, its better to give some kid a run and get some experience that watch this old man who can hardly walk to the damn mound. Hes been absolutely woful for two years now. But wait, we are so blessed to have a guy with an ERA who goes out and gets hammered every fifth day for the measly price of $5M. Imagine paying to see Timmy "way back" Wakefield pitch a game? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Tim Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]Not a joke for the 5 plus ERA for over 2 years 45 year old. Wake is just now entering his prime years for a knuckleball pitcher. Like fine wine.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Right, we need to get Andrew Miller and his 6+ ERA over the last two years in there.  After all, 6+ is better than 5+, right?

I'm not sure if the Wakefield detractors have noticed, but the Sox rotation has 4 injured pitchers right now, including one of the guys we brought in to replace the other injuried pitchers.  The only starters left from the April rotation are Lester and Lackey.  Maybe now is not the time to start casting off starting pitchers. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Miller is in the rotation, you dim bulb. The question is Weiland or Wastefield. I'll take Weiland and his 2 starts, one bean ball Os debacle game start and one solid start in start #2.

Wastefield is beyond pitiful.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Miller is in the rotation, you dim bulb. The question is Weiland or Wastefield. I'll take Weiland and his 2 starts, one bean ball Os debacle game start and one solid start in start #2. Wastefield is beyond pitiful.

Weiland is in the rotation, too.

If you are going to insult people when you attempt to correct them, try using actual facts and knowledge...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

With the september call-up isn't there somebody who can take his place? Five runs off of only 3 hits---this outing had the usual---walks, stolen bases (including home), a hit batter who scores, wild pitches. and a home run. Usually there is a strike out who gets on 1st when Salty can't catch the ball, but I don't think that happened tonight. Pretty typical outing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Weiland was just pitched in relief and is not in the rotation yet. Should have taken Wastefield's start. If they need another arm for the tired starters who are hurt, Aceves is a good option with roster expansion. Wastefield showed he's deadly in the bullpen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Weiland is projected to start at Tampa Bay, also Lackey and on Sunday Lester.  With Bedard and Beckett both missing at least one start, Weiland and Wakefield both get to start unless Aceves is brought out of the bullpen.  But I'm guessing Francona will save him for a game in which the Sox have a decent lead and the starter--and for this role you can pick Lackey, Miller, Lackey, or Weiland--struggles around the 3d or 4th inning. 

At this point I think any and all criticism of Wakefield is merited.  He did not deserve a win tonight, but I sure wish he had gotten one. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Weiland was just pitched in relief and is not in the rotation yet. Should have taken Wastefield's start. If they need another arm for the tired starters who are hurt, Aceves is a good option with roster expansion. Wastefield showed he's deadly in the bullpen.

Weiland is scheduled to start Saturday against the Rays, Nimrod.
    He'll remain in the starting rotation until Beckett/Bedard returns.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Weiland is projected to start at Tampa Bay, also Lackey and on Sunday Lester.  With Bedard and Beckett both missing at least one start, Weiland and Wakefield both get to start unless Aceves is brought out of the bullpen.  But I'm guessing Francona will save him for a game in which the Sox have a decent lead and the starter--and for this role you can pick Lackey, Miller, Lackey, or Weiland--struggles around the 3d or 4th inning.  At this point I think any and all criticism of Wakefield is merited.  He did not deserve a win tonight, but I sure wish he had gotten one. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

I hope he isn't.  The bullpen cannot spare him...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2010-2011 numbers:

WHIP  tERA SIERA  ERA
    Miller  2.01   6.59   5.11   6.47
    Weil    1.67  5.20   5.25    5.66
    Doub  1.64   4.48   4.23    5.22
    Bowd  1.59  4.31   4.01    4.03 (Turned into a reliever)
    Lack   1.48   4.65   4.27    5.08
    Wake 1.34   4.58    4.52   5.15

Before people start screaming for Wake's release based on his numbers this year or the last 2 years, look long and hard at who would replace him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Until Weiland starts, he isn't in the rotation. He was used in relief which created the terrible situation of having to pitch grandpa Wastefield. Team just oozes confidence when Wastefield takes the hill.

Theo needs to make sure to extend Wastefield before a FA bidding war breaks out. Not many teams have a #6 starter who eats up innings, keeps his team in the game, and only cost a few dollars a season. The demand for Wastefield will be off the charts. When Wastefield goes, the Red Sox are in big trouble because they don't have any player who is capable of filling those big shoes.

Jamie Moyer would be a great one year insurance contract, just in case Wastefield is snapped up by the Yankees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I know some may not believe me, but I was rooting for Wakefield to get the win tonight; and he was in line to get that elusive 200th; I may be a Yankee fan, but I'm also a Wakefield fan; I'm now concerned as to if/when this may happen. I'm not so sure winning the Division (whoever wins it, of course) is such a great shakes anyway, with Verlander looming in Games 1 and 5. Texas is no pushover either, FWIW.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

The samples on Weiland and Doubrant are large samples. Wastefield is dependable and is a sure fire 5 plus ERA innings eater who only has one or 2 WP and passed balls and homers per start. Theo had better lock up WAstefield or he'll be gone via FA bidding war.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Until Weiland starts, he isn't in the rotation. He was used in relief which created the terrible situation of having to pitch grandpa Wastefield. Team just oozes confidence when Wastefield takes the hill. Theo needs to make sure to extend Wastefield before a FA bidding war breaks out. Not many teams have a #6 starter who eats up innings, keeps his team in the game, and only cost a few dollars a season. The demand for Wastefield will be off the charts. When Wastefield goes, the Red Sox are in big trouble because they don't have any player who is capable of filling those big shoes. Jamie Moyer would be a great one year insurance contract, just in case Wastefield is snapped up by the Yankees.

Actually, he is in the rotation and is scheduled to start Saturday.  Had the Sox used him tonight, who would be left to start Saturday?  Well, Wakefield for one.

Don't turn it into a game of semantics.  Weiland has a scheduled start and that does affect his availability.  But then the only other option might be to actually admit you were wrong, and we all know you are incapable of that...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Until Weiland starts, he isn't in the rotation.He was used in relief which created the terrible situation of having to pitch grandpa Wastefield. Team just oozes confidence when Wastefield takes the hill. Theo needs to make sure to extend Wastefield before a FA bidding war breaks out. Not many teams have a #6 starter who eats up innings, keeps his team in the game, and only cost a few dollars a season. The demand for Wastefield will be off the charts. When Wastefield goes, the Red Sox are in big trouble because they don't have any player who is capable of filling those big shoes. Jamie Moyer would be a great one year insurance contract, just in case Wastefield is snapped up by the Yankees.

Wrong. He is in the rotation once he's pencilled into the rotation. From that point, he will not relieve unless they change the pitching plan, or it's a game emergency.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Tim Wakefield : Wrong. He is in the rotation once he's pencilled into the rotation. From that point, he will not relieve unless they change the pitching plan, or it's a game emergency.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

That would be every game other than when Lester pitches. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Actually, he is in the rotation and is scheduled to start Saturday.  Had the Sox used him tonight, who would be left to start Saturday?  Well, Wakefield for one.

No, Wastefield was scheduled to start and was pulled or skipped before this great workman like effort. Until Weiland starts, he is not in the rotation.

Had they not used Weiland in releif they could have started him tonight and probably won the game. Aceves and roster expanded pen should handle where Weiland has been tentatively slotted.

Theo has gone into early coast and has no division winning plans unless its a backed into it Yankee meltdown situation. The 6 man rotation has been working welll, they might consider skipping Lester and Lackey to get them rested for playoffs. A 7 or 8 man rotation should have them fresh and ready for playoffs, as the 5 or 6 days of rest isn't enough to keep pitchers from getting hurt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Tim Wakefield : Wrong. He is in the rotation once he's pencilled into the rotation. From that point, he will not relieve unless they change the pitching plan, or it's a game emergency.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I think Softy's point is he prefers the rotation of Lester - Weiland - Miller - Lackey - Wakefield to the rotation of Lester - Wakefield - Miller - Lackey - Weiland.

It's a small difference, but apparently an important one, I guess...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, we are all quite aware of what he prefers. Softy's point is Weiland relieved (in the romp) and he doesn't consider him a starter until he actually starts. My point is he is now in the rotation. He will not pitch again until his scheduled start, [barring the unforeseen]. A scheduled starter becomes a part of the SR at the point of commitment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Jake has a shot at 30 dingers/100 RBI.

Hell, even Teddy Ballgame never had 30 steals/30HR's/100 RBI's in any one season. Maybe Pesky was right afterall!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Granderson has a shot at 40 dingers/100 RBI/30 steals. Maybe Ted Williams was overrated and Granderson is better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I think it's commendable that you now join Pesky in drawing the Jake/Williams analogy.