Pop the champagne, I've reached...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Pop the champagne, I've reached...

6,000 POSTS.

WOOO HOOO!

Where are the balloons, confetti and bubbly? How about a pat on the back?

No?

OK, what about a slap in the face or kick in the groin?

Innocent

Now I've done some rudimentary math. Let's put 10 minutes per post, which is high for the post itself but includes the research for some posts, some of the longer posts I've had and the time spent reading posts that are responded to. And 10 minutes makes for easy math.

So 10 minutes per post for 6,000 posts make 60,000 minutes, which is 1,000 hours, which nearly 42 days -- about one month and two weeks straight -- in the nearly 2 1/2 years. Of course if you add the time spent reading posts that aren't responded to it's probably a bit more on the board.

Uggh.

It's a good thing I multi-task.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached...

Congrats Roy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6l1QljpMo&feature=related

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Pop the champagne, I've reached...:
    [QUOTE]6,000 POSTS. WOOO HOOO! Where are the balloons, confetti and bubbly? How about a pat on the back? No? OK, what about a slap in the face or kick in the groin? Now I've done some rudimentary math. Let's put 10 minutes per post, which is high for the post itself but includes the research for some posts, some of the longer posts I've had and the time spent reading posts that are responded to. And 10 minutes makes for easy math. So 10 minutes per post for 6,000 posts make 60,000 minutes, which is 1,000 hours, which nearly 42 days -- about one month and two weeks straight -- in the nearly 2 1/2 years. Of course if you add the time spent reading posts that aren't responded to it's probably a bit more on the board. Uggh. It's a good thing I multi-task.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Shovel ready job is ready for you. Vote hope and change, Roy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached...:
    [QUOTE]Shovel ready job is ready for you. Vote hope and change, Roy!
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

There's been a lot of new jobs created, unfortunately most are at the unemployment office handling all the new claims.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... :  There's been a lot of new jobs created, unfortunately most are at the unemployment office handling all the new claims.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Ironically, I got a job back with my old company about two months ago for more money than I expected. And I'm in a quandry because another opening popped up the company, which I want but they want to keep me in the position I'm in now, which could lead to a promotion and more money within the next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : Ironically, I got a job back with my old company about two months ago for more money than I expected. And I'm in a quandry because another opening popped up the company, which I want but they want to keep me in the position I'm in now, which could lead to a promotion and more money within the next year.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

GREAT! I suggest you meet with the Bobs and tell them how to get real productivity, you'll do both jobs for 1.5 times the pay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

congrats Roy! I'm contemplating whether I should retire a Red Sox post contributor at 4,000..I'm sure there are a lot of people rooting for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... :    GREAT! I suggest you meet with the Bobs and tell them how to get real productivity, you'll do both jobs for 1.5 times the pay.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Wicked pissah of a movie, one of my favorites.

Reminded me of one of my jobs.  My boss had the same first name as the chairman.  So I'm coming back from lunch with one of my friends.  Someone tells us that 'Frank' wants to see you.  My boss is walking by and says he didn't want to see us.  When the admin says it was the chairman that wanted to see us, the blood and emotion just drained from my boss's face.  Those two were fighting and this completely blindsided him.

It pays to be friends with the Bobs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : Ironically, I got a job back with my old company about two months ago for more money than I expected. And I'm in a quandry because another opening popped up the company, which I want but they want to keep me in the position I'm in now, which could lead to a promotion and more money within the next year.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Do they know the other spot was offered to you?  It might be a good opp to open up a discussion about your future.

Workplaces are funny.  I remember my wife asking me about my job, and I told her I was either getting fired or promoted, but I couldn't tell which.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : Do they know the other spot was offered to you?  It might be a good opp to open up a discussion about your future. Workplaces are funny.  I remember my wife asking me about my job, and I told her I was either getting fired or promoted, but I couldn't tell which.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Yeah we had a long talk Friday. I told them I'd enjoy the other spot more because it's more of what I like doing, but because of some changes in the company, they want to keep me where I'm at because I have experience others don't have, and by staying where I'm at, it could lead to a management position within the year as the changes that are going on in the company go foward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : Wicked pissah of a movie, one of my favorites. Reminded me of one of my jobs.  My boss had the same first name as the chairman.  So I'm coming back from lunch with one of my friends.  Someone tells us that 'Frank' wants to see you.  My boss is walking by and says he didn't want to see us.  When the admin says it was the chairman that wanted to see us, the blood and emotion just drained from my boss's face.  Those two were fighting and this completely blindsided him. It pays to be friends with the Bobs.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love that movie, and try to keep a somewhat detached view on the workplace too. Last week we had a visit from one of the regional guys, and even though I've been thru this a hundred itmes, I fretted on every little thing, then he shows up for like 15 minutes and he apologizes because he had to cut short the entire dog and pony show, which pretty much is the career median average performance for these guys, their "so busy", they cant get anything really done!
      I was an idiot for thinking otherwise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

My job sucks so bad that I have tried to block it out by posting 5000+ posts here myself (actually much more, but I don't know what my count was for two years rior to the great BDC forum reboot of 2008).  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Pop the champagne, I've reached 1,000 posts with all odds being against me since I'm not a big fan of the Yankees, and most of the Yankee fans here are not big fans of mine. I don't know any other poster on the board fitting that description that can say the same thing.

Now that's something to think about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Pop the champagne, I've reached...:
    [QUOTE]6,000 POSTS. WOOO HOOO! Where are the balloons, confetti and bubbly? How about a pat on the back? No? OK, what about a slap in the face or kick in the groin? Now I've done some rudimentary math. Let's put 10 minutes per post, which is high for the post itself but includes the research for some posts, some of the longer posts I've had and the time spent reading posts that are responded to. And 10 minutes makes for easy math. So 10 minutes per post for 6,000 posts make 60,000 minutes, which is 1,000 hours, which nearly 42 days -- about one month and two weeks straight -- in the nearly 2 1/2 years. Of course if you add the time spent reading posts that aren't responded to it's probably a bit more on the board. Uggh. It's a good thing I multi-task.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    You need to get a life or some kind of help !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]Pop the champagne, I've reached 1,000 posts with all odds being against me since I'm not a big fan of the Yankees, and most of the Yankee fans here are not big fans of mine. I don't know any other poster on the board fitting that description that can say the same thing. Now that's something to think about.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Red Sox fans also find your act quite annoying. The feelings are hardly limited to those in Yankeeland. The Kim/Smiley act got old within the first 50 posts, never mind 1000 plus!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : Red Sox fans also find your act quite annoying. The feelings are hardly limited to those in Yankeeland. The Kim/Smiley act got old within the first 50 posts, never mind 1000 plus!!
    Posted by playball01[/QUOTE]hey PB !!....where ya been?....hope all is well..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Roy and DC, congrats on reaching round numbers...SPC, when you get there...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : hey PB !!....where ya been?....hope all is well..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

What's happenin Jete? Earlier this season when all of the chronic whiners and pink-hatted quitters had overtaken this board I made a decision to spend less time here and enjoy life a little bit more rather than argue with those unworthy of my attention.

Based on last night's loss by the Red Sox at the hands of a first inning Beckett meltdown and the resulting bash threads of anything Red Sox, the "WARDEN" is contemplating a late season return to the BIG LEAGUES!!

Take care and God Bless.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pop the champagne, I've reached... : You need to get a life or some kind of help !!!
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt it a bit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : Red Sox fans also find your act quite annoying. The feelings are hardly limited to those in Yankeeland. The Kim/Smiley act got old within the first 50 posts, never mind 1000 plus!!
    Posted by playball01[/QUOTE]
    As did the Rubber Room/"sheriff" and his posse act. You could both use some new material.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : As did the Rubber Room/"sheriff" and his posse act. You could both use some new material.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

More than true, fact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Posted by playball01[/QUOTE]

Playball, where you been?  I'm always honored when you make appearances specifically to relpy to my posts as you sometimes do. I think there are alot of posters here that are more concerned with how posters feel about the Yankees and their fans here than they are about anything to do with the Red Sox.

And there was no Kim/Smiley act. That's a fabrication of Yankee fans and their pals here. You can count Beni among, I'm sure, other posters who were bounced because Yankee fans didn't approve of them. Can you show me a Yankee board where Yankee fans are being bounced because Sox fans don't approve of them?

I may be an army of one here against the "army strong" offensive Yankee fans, but what Yankee fans and their friends here don't seem to get is, I'm good with those numbers. And I don't have to be offensive in order to argue my point like they do. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pop the champagne, I've reached... : As did the Rubber Room/"sheriff" and his posse act. You could both use some new material.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Exactly. :)