Pop without pitching will equal disaster! Will we get some QUALITY SP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Pop without pitching will equal disaster! Will we get some QUALITY SP?

Sure!  We've added a few mid-level second tier guys with some pop, but if we don't get a couple QUALITY SP, next year will be a huge disappointment.  I don't think we could possibly match the disaster of last season, but if we don't solve the SP problem, it could be ugly!!!!  Lackey must be dealt, and we need to pick up 2 HIGH LEVEL second tier pitchers!   If not????  We're in for a very long season.  I can live with the guys we've picked up.  These guys individually each have close game impact potential.  The big question is......  will our pitching keep it close???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Pop without pitching will equal disaster! Will we get some QUALITY SP?

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Sure!  We've added a few mid-level second tier guys with some pop, but if we don't get a couple QUALITY SP, next year will be a huge disappointment.  I don't think we could possibly match the disaster of last season, but if we don't solve the SP problem, it could be ugly!!!!  Lackey must be dealt, and we need to pick up 2 HIGH LEVEL second tier pitchers!   If not????  We're in for a very long season.  I can live with the guys we've picked up.  These guys individually each have close game impact potential.  The big question is......  will our pitching keep it close???

Today is December 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

and we would get nothing for lackey. lets see what he can do when finally healthy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First off,  a lesson in FA 101. Somebody has to set the market before guys start signing. Grienke or Sanchez are probably the guys. Although guys like Guthrie who got 3 years and 8M per? That set the bar very high for even the lower teir pitchers.

Dempster, Losche(sp?) and older guys (34-36) like that want 3 years and north of 12M per. I think a trade would be the way to go if possible. I can only imagine what Grienke and sanchez will get.

FA is very expensive this year. Even more than usual.

I think Jon and Clay will both be very good in 2013. Doubie should improve even more after a strong start and finish. Lackey is the question mark, but he wont be involved in any trade until GM's know he can pitch still. I see Bard as the wildcard in all this fo the back end of that bullpen.

Dont worry, BC will get a starter. FA isnt impressive and from what I hear, trades are being explored while waiting for the pitching market to set itself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

For what it's worth, Red Sox fans should worry as much about the Red Sox hitting as the fans do about the Sox pitching.

Fenway Park exaggerates the Red Sox pitching woes (and enhances the Sox hitting numbers).

The Red Sox can build a strong rotation around Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, John Lackey and Felix Doubront while the bullpen has great potential. I expect the Sox to acquire a pitcher or two, but I don't expect the team to break the bank for a top-tier starter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Red Sox fans should worry as much about the Red Sox hitting as the fans do about the Sox pitching.

Fenway Park exaggerates the Red Sox pitching woes (and enhances the Sox hitting numbers).

The Red Sox can build a strong rotation around Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, John Lackey and Felix Doubront while the bullpen has great potential. I expect the Sox to acquire a pitcher or two, but I don't expect the team to break the bank for a top-tier starter.

[/QUOTE]

Thats why we got guys like Gomes and Naps, so we can take advantage of their swings as pull hitters. Just like with Ross last year. SV is a SH with good defense and can play all OF positions more than adequately.

Their not "sexy" signings, but These guys are all "ballplayers"/"grinders" and good clubhouse guys.

A trade for pitching seems the more logical way to go with this years FA market for pitching.

This team isnt done yet this winter. Lot more to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

sure...sounds good.  And which pitchers on the Market would you have them overpay for?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Pay attention.  One of these days you'll see a thread announcing a blockbuster trade involving a starting pitcher coming to the Red Sox.  Mr. Mojo, be ready.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pay attention.  One of these days you'll see a thread announcing a blockbuster trade involving a starting pitcher coming to the Red Sox.  Mr. Mojo, be ready.  

[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right, Sheriff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats why we got guys like Gomes and Naps, so we can take advantage of their swings as pull hitters. Just like with Ross last year. SV is a SH with good defense and can play all OF positions more than adequately.

Their not "sexy" signings, but These guys are all "ballplayers"/"grinders" and good clubhouse guys.

A trade for pitching seems the more logical way to go with this years FA market for pitching.

[/QUOTE]

And you don't think the opposing pitchers are smart enough to pitch these guys away?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And you don't think the opposing pitchers are smart enough to pitch these guys away?

[/QUOTE]

Then they get a walk.

Check Napoli's walk rate and get back to me...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not while BC is in charge. He's looking at Dempster and Pavano. If it's a blockbuster, it will likely favor the other team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

If it was that easy there wouldn't be any 30+ homerun hitters in the majors or anywhere else for that matter.

Anyone with any baseball knowledge will tell you for a pitcher to be successful he has to have the ability to pitch inside.

You're killing me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then they get a walk.

[/QUOTE]

Evidently Ali did check...

Hence the crickets.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then they get a walk.

[/QUOTE]

Hence the crickets.

[/QUOTE]

This is why hes running away with the "Complainer of the year" award...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then they get a walk.

[/QUOTE]

Hence the crickets.

[/QUOTE]

This is why hes running away with the "Complainer of the year" award...

[/QUOTE]

hes a lock.

Sections
Shortcuts