Posada to Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Posada to Sox?

When Salty cameo is done, V-tek and Jorge would be a nice one two punch.

Hey, Posado can stick it to the Yankees.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Posada to Sox?

No, sox don't need another 39 year old catcher.

Posada has always been, always will be and will retire a yankee, as it should be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Why would they want this pathetic quitter?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Posada to Sox?:
    When Salty cameo is done, V-tek and Jorge would be a nice one two punch. Hey, Posado can stick it to the Yankees. Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis

After reading your post, my keyboard now needs to be cleaned. He's a quitter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

why doesn't theo get on the phone and call benji molina and have a little chat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Posada gets a pass in my book. As much I was never a big fan of his and he plays for the hated Yankees, by all indications he's been a good guy over the years. I'm not going to bury a guy for one bad incident.

I'd rather he do what he did and tell the manager he couldn't play that game than do what Manny did and go up to the plate with the bat on his shoulder and watch three strikes go down the middle while standing like a stature.

Did Posada handle that night the right way?

No.

Was his apology sincere?

I think so.

No matter how you feel of the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry, Posada doesn't deserve to be labeled a quitter because of one bad day. A guy's history does mean something.

Isn't that something we all would expect -- that if we always conducted ourselves in a professional manner, was honest and a good person that it would mean something if there was a moment we didn't handle the right way?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Posada to Sox?:
    why doesn't theo get on the phone and call benji molina and have a little chat.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I think the salty/tek combo will last at least til the Trade deadline. I think Theo is going to give him a longer leash than some would want. Salty has started to show some offense lately and seems to be comfortable with the pitchers.. Now Im not saying that he's is the answer for our catching, Im just sayin that because hes been wanting salty for a while now, Theo might have a little more patience with him..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I love my 39 yo catcher who cant throw anyone out or get a hit just fine thank you.  No need for someone elses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The Posada of ten years ago would be useful...the Posada of 2011, not so much. Adding a DH is not going to solve our catching issues. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Posada to Sox?:
    When Salty cameo is done, V-tek and Jorge would be a nice one two punch. Hey, Posado can stick it to the Yankees. Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis

Not even funny.  POsada is the most Yankee of em all and should never ever be allowed to wear a Sox uniform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Looking at the Sox roster and seeing both Varitek and Posada at catcher would seem to be opulence...

Upon waking up from that dream and realizing they are both 39 and hitting below .200....  Yeah, that would be a big pass for me!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Another middle aged catcher that can't hit.

On second thought, if the Yanks eat all but $2 million of his salary and psodad agrees to go back to preparing for games like he did in 2007 when he hit .338  (60 points higher than his career average).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Salty should and will continue to get a chance.  The Sox committed to him and therefore should see it through for better or worse.  Giving up on him after 6 weeks is ridiculous.  Now I like everyone else wish he were playing better but not ready to pull the cord yet.  Plus when you consider that there are no other viable options out there that are any better, it makes no sense.  If after 10 weeks he cannot keep his average over .200 and play at least adequate defense then yes demote/release, sign Bengie Molina or trade for some other has been.  In the meantime be patient.

Heck, what if the Sox decided to quickly bench and trade/release Pedy after his .190 April a few years back....  That's my point give him time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

I already proposed this ! Gonzo, who is a total stiff, and not living up to expectations...for Posada. Make this happen Theo! Sox will have to eat Gonzo's contract but whatever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Maybe we can get Fisk to come back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

This guy looks pretty good, maybe the Sox can work something out:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20110516&content_id=19135642&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsrule. Show Sportsrule's posts

Posada is quite a good catcher...though he is old for an athelete. If he comes to the Red Sox, it might be good or bad. Sometimes he isn't that good, you know? Other times, he is good. Anyway, we already have a catcher and he's darn good!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Salty's OPS over the past 17 games is .675.  Not great, but getting near the level where he isn't a huge worry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

He's batting .160 you clowns and hasn't had a hit from the right side this year.  Lol.  Other than he's a diehard Yankee why in hell would anyone want this bum?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty's OPS over the past 17 games is .675.  Not great, but getting near the level where he isn't a huge worry.

Salty is also at .833 the last 15 PAs.
    VTek is at .708 the last 18 PAs, not counting tonight's 2 for 5 game.

Sections
Shortcuts