Positive Terry thread for ZILL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Positive Terry thread for ZILL

In Response to Re: Positive Terry thread for ZILL:
    [QUOTE]Pike is the poster YOUR-ECHO. He uses it as his avatar, in a ridiculing fashion.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I've seen Your-echo, but I never noticed Beni in his avatar. I didn't even know that was Pike.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, it's Pike alright. Maybe he'll see this exchange and alter it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]:  I knew then you were a piece of work so don't mind me if I just ignore you after tonight If you think Harness is a piece of work and hard to talk to you're not going to last long in here.  This isn't a good place for thin-skinned types who don't like opposing viewpoints, so if you're one of them you might want to find a more carefully managed forum.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

BostonTroll,

You don't know me very well obviously, I respect everyones opposing view points.  A guy like harness likes to dictate what others believe by drowning them his stats.

harness can't chase me out, I take each day with the same "laid back" friendly personality to anyone and everyone who just likes to have a friendly chat. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

craze I wish I could take it in stride like you. I have seen the guy push is own buddies over the brink. If only I still could take the high road but even Troll Spanker in so many words just told you its the harness way or the highway.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]craze I wish I could take it in stride like you. I have seen the guy push is own buddies over the brink. I only wish I still could take the high road.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Burrito, just hit the "ignore button" and move on.  You should never allow people like harness to get the best of you.  Let him sit on his thrown and talk to the posters who care to listen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

cameron, dmack,jenks, drew,slackey, and probably crawford.

the above list is why baseball fans in boston refer to theo as 'boy genius.'

and, i'm positive about terry also. i'm positive he would be challenged managing the BAD NEWS BEARS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]craze I wish I could take it in stride like you. I have seen the guy push is own buddies over the brink. If only I still could take the high road but even Troll Spanker in so many words just told you its the harness way or the highway.....
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Don't you know? It's the progressive way!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee--yazzer. Show thee--yazzer's posts

here's something positive about terry:

i'm positive terry would be challenged managing the BAD NEWS BEARS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Harness fails to see that Tito bashers overdo it and do so with a 9 on a scale of 10. Tito advocates are much more moderate and often willing to admit that Tito is not perfect but don't go to the extreme that the bashers do in claiming that he is ALWAYS wrong. Many of the bashers are also just playing a role or a game and take delight in the bashing. How Harness thinks that the advocates are as troll-like as the bashers is beyond simple logic. I've never heard an advocate claim that Tito is right 100% of the time. A troll never takes the stance of excessive praise and adoration since that would never play in Peoria. Harness needs to read up on the mindset of the typical troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee--yazzer. Show thee--yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Harness fails to see that Tito bashers overdo it and do so with a 9 on a scale of 10. Tito advocates are much more moderate and often willing to admit that Tito is not perfect but don't go to the extreme that the bashers do in claiming that he is ALWAYS wrong. Many of the bashers are also just playing a role or a game and take delight in the bashing. How Harness thinks that the advocates are as troll-like as the bashers is beyond simple logic. I've never heard an advocate claim that Tito is right 100% of the time. A troll never takes the stance of excessive praise and adoration since that would never play in Peoria. Harness needs to read up on the mindset of the typical troll.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

hey pikester,

are you a real psychiatrist or do you just play one on this board?

also, have you ever been humorous a day in your boring life?

trolls want to know. they think you have an unhealthy fixation with them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Positive Terry thread for ZILL:
    [QUOTE]You make a great point ZILL, our fans rarely give credit to Terry for making the right moves but today was a perfect example.  We had a 5 nothing lead and Jenk's needed work but Terry pulled him quickly in favor of Pap because he struggled.  This could have turned out good or bad but it was still the correct move, even if Pap lost the game. Terry is the perfect manager for our team, he is well like and can only utilize the players Theo gives him and you never know how those players will perform.  In my opinion Terry plays the percentages and manages a good game overall.  Take the RF situation, Drew and McD have never played so badly so you can't blame Terry for playing them in hopes it works itself out.  Its ultimately Theo's move to give him a better option and this case it appears to now be Reddick.  How about our bullpen?   Terry's fault?  No, in many cases this season it didn't matter who we threw out there nobody was pitching well.  You can't even blame Terry for this road trip, or choosing not to keep playing Adrian in RF just so Papi can play. Terrys biggest fault in my opinion is being too nice of a guy and his loyalty to veterans who maybe shouldn't be playing as much, or kept in the game as long. Two "WC" is more than this fan has ever seen in Boston so hes doing a darn good job in my opinion.  If Terry had a bunch of losing seasons like Ozzie G. along with a quick temper and habit of arguing with players and management, I may think differently.  Be thankful for what we have!
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I dont think bringing in, then taking out Jenks was just the "right move", but the obvious one too. He needs the work after only 1 start off the DL and was throwing with good velocity (95+). I understand the point your making though..Although I think this ownership/management is the best Ive seen since Ive been a fan, They all make mistakes and wrong moves. The good thing is that they make many more good than bad. The Tito/Theo/Henry/"insert players' name here" bashers will NEVER admit anything good because they r trolls IMO, and the fans like myself will never agree with everything they do and will voice it. But we will also voice our gratitude when a good move has been made..Its funny though how some here think their opinion is the truth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee--yazzer. Show thee--yazzer's posts

hey southpaw,

the truth comes in many forms; you, like pike, find that anyone who bashes the likes of theo and/or tito are trolls. actually, a lot of us are SOX fans who really believe that theo and tito are inept at what they do. if it rubs you the wrong way, who cares?

btw southpaw, when you're down there licking theo boots, don't bump heads with bill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Positive Terry thread for ZILL : I dont think bringing in, then taking out Jenks was just the "right move", but the obvious one too. He needs the work after only 1 start off the DL and was throwing with good velocity (95+). I understand the point your making though..Although I think this ownership/management is the best Ive seen since Ive been a fan, They all make mistakes and wrong moves. The good thing is that they make many more good than bad. The Tito/Theo/Henry/"insert players' name here" bashers will NEVER admit anything good because they r trolls IMO, and the fans like myself will never agree with everything they do and will voice it. But we will also voice our gratitude when a good move has been made..Its funny though how some here think their opinion is the truth.
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Fair enough southpaw, reasonable people can usually see the good and bad in both sides of an issue and debate it in a friendly manner.  They also know when a debate has gone to far or may be over.  Others beat their point to death until its just irritating.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

To Crazy4sox:

On the contrary, I said the same thing about Jenks, but suddenly it's "fair enough" when another brings up the same point. Take a real good look at my posts. You were the one who got insulting. I just returned your tone.

Why is it you wouldn't accept the fact your argument for supporting Tito by using Jenks was weak? I had to keep pointing it out in several ways, but instead of seeing it for what it was, you took offense because it was me that pointed it out. You are the one who made it an issue by not admitting it.

I'd like to think you have enough character to accept criticism.
    Burrito, OTOH, gets all bent out of shape when I or anybody holds him accountable for his actions. That's when he goes on his binge of starting a Jesus thread, moving /changing OP's and editing and deleting posts.

This is the company you wish to keep?

Sections
Shortcuts