POSITIVE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

POSITIVE

Let the record reflect that I believe the Sox may have hit rock bottom and I think they will start to play some better ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: POSITIVE

Or they will lose the night cap and the '14 Sox will be again wasting every fan's time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, my feeling doesn't have anything to do with the win today

it was just a feeling i was getting mid-way through the game

not saying they are making the playoffs; that ship has sailed

not saying Houston won't go 7-0 vs them either

i just think you'll see better baseball now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, my feeling doesn't have anything to do with the win today

it was just a feeling i was getting mid-way through the game

not saying they are making the playoffs; that ship has sailed

not saying Houston won't go 7-0 vs them either

i just think you'll see better baseball now

[/QUOTE]CONCUR  !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Not with this Manager/coatching staff, they won't. Whys is XB still playing 3rd (or, anywhere, for that matter). He has outfielder talents, not infield. I sais in April, he does not have the range for SS; now we know he doesn't have the instincts for 3B. Herrara should be in the lineup. Betts should be in the linup, AJ should be simply dropped. Bradley is getting better right before our eyes, and I don't think Farrell even notices. If so, why he he still hitting 9th. Hitters need coaching.

Remember when Holt was hitting line drives to LF? They moved him to ledoff, and he thinks he has to teke 2 or 3 pitches before he's allowed to swing. As a result, once the pitcher gets "strike one", he's pitched inside, and bing, ground balls to 1st base. Because of his speed he is still getting cheap hits, but I'd like to see him take that 1st pitch (outside corner most of the time) and hit off the wall. Where's the coaching???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Positive...ly suck

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Time for this team to spend some money. Poor Mookie an infielder playing CF, come on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Let the record reflect that I believe the Sox may have hit rock bottom and I think they will start to play some better ball.

[/QUOTE]

Let tonight's game reflect that they will not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not with this Manager/coatching staff, they won't. Whys is XB still playing 3rd (or, anywhere, for that matter). He has outfielder talents, not infield. I sais in April, he does not have the range for SS; now we know he doesn't have the instincts for 3B. Herrara should be in the lineup. Betts should be in the linup, AJ should be simply dropped. Bradley is getting better right before our eyes, and I don't think Farrell even notices. If so, why he he still hitting 9th. Hitters need coaching.

Remember when Holt was hitting line drives to LF? They moved him to ledoff, and he thinks he has to teke 2 or 3 pitches before he's allowed to swing. As a result, once the pitcher gets "strike one", he's pitched inside, and bing, ground balls to 1st base. Because of his speed he is still getting cheap hits, but I'd like to see him take that 1st pitch (outside corner most of the time) and hit off the wall. Where's the coaching???

[/QUOTE]

Bad team + Bad Manager=Last Place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

F-i-r-e-s-a-l-e!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

F-i-r-e-s-a-l-e!!! 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Fire some and sell the others.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

We need Outfielders simple. Sign Lester, pull a Yankee, sign Opposition within your division. Cruz and Markakis. we'll do fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

We should be doing what the Orioles are doing. Machado was a SS, but he'll stay at 3rd. They will resign Hardy. Too good Defense. Same with Drew and Bogaerts. He has to grow up. and as fans we need to..

Need a Power hitting leftfielder, Danny Cater is right, need Power. A Good Defensive Rightfielder, Victorino , cant wait. Sign Lester, that has to be first priority.
    Bradley CF, for Defense, and Victorino as back-up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

This team is going nowhere this year. Every time they get a chance to make up some ground they blow lunch. They have made a nonbeliever out of me. Next year, maybe....certainly by 2016 if its handled correctly....they can become relevant again. Right now they are not even interesting enough to inspire contempt.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Tough season Pumpsie no doubt. No direction.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say .............   "SON, why can't theses posters be as POSITIVE as you" ????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

F-i-r-e-s-a-l-e!!! 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I gotta admit, even though I seldom agree with you, you do have a much better sense of humor than the other whiners.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We need Outfielders simple. Sign Lester, pull a Yankee, sign Opposition within your division. Cruz and Markakis. we'll do fine.

[/QUOTE]

Marakakis?? He's be a great acquisition if it was 2009...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

We should be doing what the Orioles are doing. Machado was a SS, but he'll stay at 3rd. They will resign Hardy. Too good Defense. Same with Drew and Bogaerts. He has to grow up. and as fans we need to..

Need a Power hitting leftfielder, Danny Cater is right, need Power. A Good Defensive Rightfielder, Victorino , cant wait. Sign Lester, that has to be first priority.
    Bradley CF, for Defense, and Victorino as back-up.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Pretty much. I'd have preferred they'd leave Betts down, or at least send him back down when Vic returns.  Gomes/Nava, JBJ, Vic should be the OF the rest of the way.  Then we need to replace Gomes with a thumper in LF, and break in Betts as Vic's backup in 2015.  Or just park Betts in AAA in '15 until Vic gets hurt or if Nava under-performs.

Or, if Vic redeems some of his value the rest of the way in '14, maybe trade him and start Betts in '15. But I think LF will be the key decision in '15

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team is going nowhere this year. Every time they get a chance to make up some ground they blow lunch. They have made a nonbeliever out of me. Next year, maybe....certainly by 2016 if its handled correctly....they can become relevant again. Right now they are not even interesting enough to inspire contempt.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yup.  They occasionally look okay, maybe just enough to give you some hope, but for the most part, it's been .500 since the big losing streak (19-19).  My personal cutoff was today's game.  Win it and we are 7 back and I'd wait until the ASB to see if we can go 5-2 against some weak competition.  If we can do that, I'd wait until the following TO series.  There are no bright lines or anything, but I don't want to give up unnecessarily.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They basically have to play .700 ball from here on out, assuming that you need to win 90 to take the division.  Division winner and one wildcard will come from this division, imo.  Sox will need to win at least 85 games to go postseason.  Not happening.  It would take minor miracle for them to compete; anyone seen their offensive numbers lately? Among the worst in MLB, and among the worst all-time in some categories.

If they get dumped to the basement (and they're about to), this will be the first team ever to go first to worst with the same players.

Really shocking stuff from a team that walked the walk last year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you are right but the bad new is the same applies to Tampa.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The direction is................sideways.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The direction is................sideways.

[/QUOTE]

Sideways was a great movie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

F-i-r-e-s-a-l-e!!! 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I gotta admit, even though I seldom agree with you, you do have a much better sense of humor than the other whiners.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who knows baseball seldom agrees with me.