Possible irony ahead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Possible irony ahead

It's quite possible that the Tigers and Red Sox meet up in the post-season.  I think this would be a very competitive series and a play or two could determine the outcome.  Oh the irony if it were decided by an Iggy web gem or error (preferably the latter).  A Peavy outing would likely play a big part in it as well, although I'm not sure this would constitute irony since he never played for Detroit.  Whatever the case, both players could figure in the outcome that could lead to a World Series apparance for the victor, and hopefully for Shane Victorino and not Victor Martinez.

The ultimate irony would be a historical reversal where Iggy gets thrown out at the plate because he trips rounding third, just as Luis Aparicio did in 1972.  It would be reminiscent of the fluky tuck call that reversed the Patriots's fortunes and exorcised the demons that were present when the refs made that 4th down roughing the passer call against the Pats in 1976.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Possible irony ahead

How about Nava scoring the winning run on an amazing throw to the plate by Iggy, and the umpire gets the call wrong and calls Nava safe?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

what about Vicvtor Martinez

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

How about Nava scoring the winning run on an amazing throw to the plate by Iggy, and the umpire gets the call wrong and calls Nava safe?

Perfecto, Youk, although I would expect playoff umpires to at least be in position to make the right call.  

Sections
Shortcuts