Possible option to trade Lackey?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Re: Three possible options to trade Lackey?

WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO THINK THE METS WILL
    TRADE WRIGHT FOR SOME OF OUR BUMS. YOU GOTTA BE
    KIDDING. WRIGHT IS THE FRANCHISE IN QUEENS, AND
    REYES MIGHT WALK....THOSE TWO GUYS ARE OR WERE
    CORNERSTONES, AND THEY ARE GOING TO MOVE THE FENCE
    IN, SO FORGET ABOUT WRIGHT. BESIDES, WE DON'T HAVE
    ANYONE THE METS WOULD WANT, EXCEPT MAYBE CRAWFORD,
    IF WE PAY HIS SALARY. NO WAY THEY WANT LACKEY. THEY
    ALREADY HAVE THAT STIFF, PELFREY. WHY WOULD THEY
    WANT DOUBLE TROUBLE ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Jose Iglesias, Anthony Ranaudo, Kevin Youkilis for King Felix & Chone Figgins

Really? A no-hit, all glove SS prospect, a 1B/3B/Dh who is trending downward & a pitching prospect who will most likely wind up as a #3 at best; #2 if everything goes perfectly. And you want one of the 5 best pitchers in all of baseball - I am thinking no. Especially since 1B is Youk's best position and they have the kid Smoak who I am sure they will give another couple of years to blossom before giving up on him.

Not to mention that this trade would increase the Sox payroll substantially. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Put me down as in favor of a Lackey for Burnett swap.  Whomever the Sox get, it will be bad contract for bad contract. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Beckett is just as bad and has more of a following in the clubhouse. Put them in the pen for mop up and hope they get the point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Three possible options to trade Lackey?:
    [QUOTE]If you think lackey is going to be any better in 2012, your nuts.. There are people out there to trade lackey for.. keep be any worse the what we have in lackey... send him back to LA. 
    Posted by sinjin5000[/QUOTE]
    Please keep my testicles out of this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Lackey back to the Angels for Vernon Wells and cash.Both are signed through 2014 and Lackey's owed
    45.75 Million while Wells is owed 63 Million.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

[QUOTE]John Lackey ($46.25 million through 2014), Daisuke Matsuzaka ($10 million through 2012) and Bobby Jenks ($6 million through 2012) to the Angels for an expensive righthand-hitting outfielder with AL East experience: Vernon Wells ($63 million through 2014). The money matches up but two no-trade clauses would need to be waived.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Problem for Angels is that they do not want to take two injured proned pitchers (Dice K and Jenks) as well maybe they do now not want a bad reputation Lackey after they saw how he handle his personal life especially with his wife and possible drinking problem.  It aidnt happening!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The only way anyone takes Lackey is if the Sox take equally high contracts and equally bad temmates.

I bet Lackey finds his way to rehab in the off season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Since I looked over all the bad contracts, I didnt realized that Vernon Wells is making 26 millions dollars a year this year.  Now I may just think that Boston isnt going to trade Lackey to the Angels and pay that extra 5 to 6 millions dollars a year.  If the Angels is willing to eat up most of his money such as Boston just pay the same amount that they are playing Lackey, then I would trade Lackey in a heart beat to the Angels.  Still I do not see it is happening.

Now I spent time looking over for most teams, only team that I can think of is the Yankees for Burkett and Cubs for Zambaro.  Cubs isnt going to trade Soraino for Lackey if they can not find any taker for Zambaro.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

[QUOTE]The only way anyone takes Lackey is if the Sox take equally high contracts and equally bad temmates. I bet Lackey finds his way to rehab in the off season. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

You re exactly right!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lackey ($46M/3) and Jenks ($6M/1) for Soriano ($57M/3)

We get rid of a cancer and get our RH'd OF bat as imperfect as he is, it's the best we can expect for Lackey.

The Cubs save $5M over 3 years.
    We save about $2.5M this year.

I still like this better:

Crawford ($122M/6) & Lackey ($45M/3)  
    for
    J. Santana ($55M/2 incl. buyout) & J. Bay ($35M/3 incl. buyout)

I'd even throw in a prospect or two to get the upgrade from Lackey to Santana, then hope JBay can improve on CC's 2011 numbers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ok....here is the solution.

When Theo accepts the Cubs job.  The compensation is taking Lackey's contract.  Yes/No? 

Mets idea isnt bad but Crawford will rebound.  Bay won't and is still a terrible defender. 
    Lackey/Lowrie/Youk/Reddick
    For
    Santana/Wright/Bay

Bay becomes FT DH.  I love Wright.  Santana is a wild card. 
    Mets get a 1B/SS/CF and a pitcher for a pitchers park. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Since I looked over all the bad contracts, I didnt realized that Vernon Wells is making 26 millions dollars a year this year.  Now I may just think that Boston isnt going to trade Lackey to the Angels and pay that extra 5 to 6 millions dollars a year.  If the Angels is willing to eat up most of his money such as Boston just pay the same amount that they are playing Lackey, then I would trade Lackey in a heart beat to the Angels.  Still I do not see it is happening.
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda[/QUOTE]

posted at 10/3/2011 1:47 PM EDT
    First: 1/14/2006
    Last: 10/3/2011
    John Lackey ($46.25 million through 2014), Daisuke Matsuzaka ($10 million through 2012) and Bobby Jenks ($6 million through 2012) to the Angels for an expensive righthand-hitting outfielder with AL East experience: Vernon Wells ($63 million through 2014).

The money matches up but two no-trade clauses would need to be waived.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three possible options to trade Lackey? : Re: Three possible options to trade Lackey? posted at 10/3/2011 1:47 PM EDT hill55 Posts: 4726 First: 1/14/2006 Last: 10/3/2011 b634e9e76cf4c7e54120e863762ba35a John Lackey ($46.25 million through 2014), Daisuke Matsuzaka ($10 million through 2012) and Bobby Jenks ($6 million through 2012) to the Angels for an expensive righthand-hitting outfielder with AL East experience: Vernon Wells ($63 million through 2014). The money matches up but two no-trade clauses would need to be waived.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Why the world the Angels want both Lackey, Dice K and Jenk who all have missed more than one games this year??   Angels want no part of these injure prone pitchers!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]there is no way the mets take Lackey and Lowrie for David Wright, seriously think before you post.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

fourings, since when has Wright been just an untouchable?  Hes a horrible 3B and gets hurt all the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey back to the Angels for Vernon Wells and cash.Both are signed through 2014 and Lackey's owed 45.75 Million while Wells is owed 63 Million.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Good idea mojo but the Angels are the ones laughing at us for signing him.  The Although they really have nothing to laugh about in by wanting Wells.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey ($46M/3) and Jenks ($6M/1) for Soriano ($57M/3) We get rid of a cancer and get our RH'd OF bat as imperfect as he is, it's the best we can expect for Lackey. The Cubs save $5M over 3 years. We save about $2.5M this year. I still like this better: Crawford ($122M/6) & Lackey ($45M/3)   for J. Santana ($55M/2 incl. buyout) & J. Bay ($35M/3 incl. buyout) I'd even throw in a prospect or two to get the upgrade from Lackey to Santana, then hope JBay can improve on CC's 2011 numbers.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Wow moon, you're more desperate than I am.  Wanting Lackey and CC gone and willing to take back Bay?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three possible options to trade Lackey? : Re: Three possible options to trade Lackey? posted at 10/3/2011 1:47 PM EDT hill55 Posts: 4726 First: 1/14/2006 Last: 10/3/2011 b634e9e76cf4c7e54120e863762ba35a John Lackey ($46.25 million through 2014), Daisuke Matsuzaka ($10 million through 2012) and Bobby Jenks ($6 million through 2012) to the Angels for an expensive righthand-hitting outfielder with AL East experience: Vernon Wells ($63 million through 2014). The money matches up but two no-trade clauses would need to be waived.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

How about making Theo take $62 mil out of his piggy bank to stay our GM?  Thank Theo for paying off Lackey, Jenks and Dice to get out of town then fire Theo anyway.  Billy beane has a movie out about him, how much worse can he be? and hes known for develpoing solid pitching.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Zambrano is only due $18M over 1 year. Lackey is due about $49M over 3. How you do make up for the $31M worth of bad contracts?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]John Lackey ($46.25 million through 2014), Daisuke Matsuzaka ($10 million through 2012) and Bobby Jenks ($6 million through 2012) to the Angels for an expensive righthand-hitting outfielder with AL East experience: Vernon Wells ($63 million through 2014). The money matches up but two no-trade clauses would need to be waived.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

This is comical. The Angels wanted nothing to do with Lackey two years ago. Matsuzaka won't pitch until June at best, and Jenks?

Wells at least fits into their outfield flanked by Trout and Boujos.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey ($46M/3) and Jenks ($6M/1) for Soriano ($57M/3) We get rid of a cancer and get our RH'd OF bat as imperfect as he is, it's the best we can expect for Lackey. The Cubs save $5M over 3 years. We save about $2.5M this year. I still like this better: Crawford ($122M/6) & Lackey ($45M/3)   for J. Santana ($55M/2 incl. buyout) & J. Bay ($35M/3 incl. buyout) I'd even throw in a prospect or two to get the upgrade from Lackey to Santana, then hope JBay can improve on CC's 2011 numbers.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

So the Mets, who have no money take on $77M in additional money? Maybe they can get it from Bernie Madoff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Zambrano is only due $18M over 1 year. Lackey is due about $49M over 3. How you do make up for the $31M worth of bad contracts?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

ADG, that's the bottom line here, Theo really put us in a spot with Lackey.  I think CC will recover but is also overpaid.  Lackey in my opinion anyway " hopefully I'm wrong" will continue to hurt our team and payroll until we hand him the 50mil to leave town.  Then maybe we can move on and begin to straighten out this staff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three possible options to trade Lackey? : ADG, that's the bottom line here, Theo really put us in a spot with Lackey.  I think CC will recover but is also overpaid.  Lackey in my opinion anyway " hopefully I'm wrong" will continue to hurt our team and payroll until we hand him the 50mil to leave town.  Then maybe we can move on and begin to straighten out this staff.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

This isn't the first Boof Bonser style move by Theo Epstein.
    It's the GM we need to dump.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three possible options to trade Lackey? : This is comical. The Angels wanted nothing to do with Lackey two years ago. Matsuzaka won't pitch until June at best, and Jenks? Wells at least fits into their outfield flanked by Trout and Boujos.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Despite his flaws, John Lackey was a 1.5 WAR* player this season. Vernon Wells was valued at 0.3 WAR, Daisuke Matsuzaka at 0.2 WAR and Bobby Jenks at 0.1 WAR.

The Angels would take a budget hit in 2012, but would save $5 million each in 2013 and 2014 when the Halos will need to replace Torii Hunter.

* Wins Above Replacemnt as valued at FanGraphs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Beckett and Lackey...Have just been traded!!!

To the BREWERS..... For two cases of beer to be named later.

Sections
Shortcuts