Possibly Beckett to the Cubs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Possibly Beckett to the Cubs?

Checkout this Midway Madness article--perhaps this might mean Garza and a player for Beckett if it's more than a rumor.Maybe this will be Ben's second trade involving Beckett in his career with the Sox.

http://midwaymadness.com/?p=4774

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Possibly Beckett to the Cubs?

Good ridance if this is true. Next up the unconditional release and absorbtion of Lackey and his contract, let Papi go to the Yanks and be "happy", then send tough guy Youk away to the Reds.

The much needed house cleaning is ON!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Possibly Beckett to the Cubs?:
    [QUOTE]Checkout this Midway Madness article--perhaps this might mean Garza and a player for Beckett if it's more than a rumor.Maybe this will be Ben's second trade involving Beckett in his career with the Sox. http://midwaymadness.com/?p=4774
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

This is interesting by the Sox would need a good retun.  I said this before and will reiterate it.  Lackey is an ultimate disaster but so will Josh be without Tek so I say trade them both to the Cubs for Garza and Zambrano.  Tek is almost assured to be gone as well with Theo gone so let him sign as Theo's backup if he feels that highly of him.  The Texas connection other than Clay is not needed here in Boston.

What becomes of this?
      Tek and Josh can continue to live eachothers dream and possibly replace a focused Zambrano.  Lackey may also do better in the NL but I doubt it, he sucks.

Boston, if Zambrano can fit in with guys like Aceves, Morales, Adrian and Papi if we keep him and Garza is included we just made our staff and catching position much more productine.  Lets see how Tek "outside of the only team he knows" works with his new staff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

"Another rumor floating around is that a Boston may be sending a player the Cubs way, potentially Josh Beckett, but there has been little to substantiate that in the media."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Before suggesting that Josh Beckett and John Lackey be jettisoned, consider that the Red Sox will still need to trot out a starting rotation in 2012 (working off a starting rotation that failed miserably in 2011 with few MLB-ready starting prospects in sight).

Are the Red Sox prepared to go with a rotation of Jon Lester, Alfredo Aceves, Andrew Miller, Kyle Weiland and Felix Doubront (if Clay Buchholz remains sidelined with a concerning back injury)?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Possibly Beckett to the Cubs?:
    [QUOTE]Before suggesting that Josh Beckett and John Lackey be jettisoned, consider that the Red Sox will still need to trot out a starting rotation in 2012 (working off a starting rotation that failed miserably in 2011 with few MLB-ready starting prospects in sight). Are the Red Sox prepared to go with a rotation of Jon Lester, Alfredo Aceves, Andrew Miller, Kyle Weiland and Felix Doubront (if Clay Buchholz remains sidelined with a concerning back injury)?
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Hill, Josh and Lackey for Zam and Garza is just fine, or whatever makes the deal equal out..

Lester
    Buchholz
    Zambrano
    Garza
    Aceves

Then we take it from there with Bedard and others.  I like Josh but if he really is part of the problem, send him packing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possibly Beckett to the Cubs? : Hill, Josh and Lackey for Zam and Garza is just fine, or whatever makes the deal equal out.. Lester Buchholz Zambrano Garza Aceves Then we take it from there with Bedard and others.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]
    I doubt any general manager would want Josh Beckett and John Lackey as a tandem ... it's less fun to drink beer alone in the clubhouse during games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possibly Beckett to the Cubs? : I doubt any general manager would want Josh Beckett and John Lackey as a tandem ... it's less fun to drink beer alone in the clubhouse during games.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

At least offer Lackey and prospects for Zambrano and hope Josh doesn't need his blanky "in Tek" to pitch effectively.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Before suggesting that Josh Beckett and John Lackey be jettisoned, consider that the Red Sox will still need to trot out a starting rotation in 2012 (working off a starting rotation that failed miserably in 2011 with few MLB-ready starting prospects in sight). Are the Red Sox prepared to go with a rotation of Jon Lester, Alfredo Aceves, Andrew Miller, Kyle Weiland and Felix Doubront (if Clay Buchholz remains sidelined with a concerning back injury)?
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

There is a point of no return. Beckett is ripe for the trading block. I think I would package Lackey and Beckett together (through in big Papi too). It would be a good way to rid the team of Lackey.

Beckett was an issue in the clubhouse. You can't worry about starting pitching until you start addressing and fixing the problems and the causes. Once you have fixed the problem, then you can figure out your starting rotation.

And at some point, you have to give some kids a chance to pitching before they become to old to get the major league experience they need to be effective.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possibly Beckett to the Cubs? : There is a point of no return. Beckett is ripe for the trading block. I think I would package Lackey and Beckett together (through in big Papi too). It would be a good way to rid the team of Lackey. Beckett was an issue in the clubhouse. You can't worry about starting pitching until you start addressing and fixing the problems and the causes. Once you have fixed the problem, then you can figure out your starting rotation.   And at some point, you have to give some kids a chance to pitching before they become to old to get the major league experience they need to be effective.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Big Papi needs to resign before being traded.  If we do that we should surely keep him because hes not our problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Beer is on me!
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    I'll bring the wings!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

But Garza is only 8-10 for the Cubs this year eventhough he is a much healthier than Beckett.  

I wouldnt pull that trade.  I rather to have Garza with Beckett and Lester.  They can have Bucholtz where I have some concerns about his future health!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just speculation at this point, but I have no doubt that there is going to be a lot of housecleaning this off season.  And rightly so.  Should keep in mind that the goal must be to improve the team , not just be vindictive. If the Sox are too rash in their decisions , other clubs will be happy to take advantage of them.  Think before you act is always good advice.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]But Garza is only 8-10 for the Cubs this year eventhough he is a much healthier than Beckett.   I wouldnt pull that trade.  I rather to have Garza with Beckett and Lester.  They can have Bucholtz where I have some concerns about his future health!!
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda[/QUOTE]
    Matt Garza posted a WAR of 5.0 this season with an xFIP of 3.19. The 27-year-old righthander remains under his team's control for two more arbitration seasons working off his 2011 salary of $5.95 million.

In his comeback season, Josh Beckett posted a WAR of 4.3 this year with an xFIP of 3.58. The 31-year-old righthander remains under his team's control for another three seasons at an annual salary of $15.75 million.

Matt Garza has far more value than Josh Beckett.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Actually, it's Drew going to the Cubs. After all, he and Theo are joined at the hip!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

NO