Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players

http://deadspin.com/5882729/rob-gronkowski-shirtless-matt-light-danced-away-their-sorrows-after-the-super-bowl?tag=rob-gronkowski

I realize they are young and "full of fun", but is this appropriate for a player after losing in the Super Bowl? Your thoughts....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players

Is this appropriate for a baseball forum?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

To answer your question directly. IMO, absolutely. A) The forum is based on a Boston team..the Red Sox. B) The Super bowl, in which a Boston team, the Pats, participated was just played three days ago C) There have been recent, in last few days, posts regarding differing sports D) Last time I checked there are no rules regarding topics. E) Given the behavior of our Red Sox last September, I see Pats players acting badly after losing relevant. F) Many, many Yankee fans reside and participate frequently here on a Boston Red Sox forum, thereby opening up subject matter to, well, simply anything.

Now having addressed your question I have one for you. Specifically why do you feel as though A) Any other topic or comment that is not about baseball only should not be allowed? B) You sould be like Pike and become a forum moderator?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, my own feeling is that great victory is actually best savored in quiet reflection and easy relaxation, while the pain of hard defeat is best exorcised with fiery Dionysian revelry. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players:
    Well, my own feeling is that great victory is actually best savored in quiet reflection and easy relaxation, while the pain of hard defeat is best exorcised with fiery Dionysian revelry. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Okay Space, I hear you, however obviously I see behavior after a win and after a defeat conversely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players : Okay Space, I hear you, however obviously I see behavior after a win and after a defeat conversely.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

I suppose you say po-tah-to too 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players : Okay Space, I hear you, however obviously I see behavior after a win and after a defeat conversely.

Also, let me ammend my position:  I definitely believe that defeat should be partied out.  However, this debauchery should be with ones teammates and/or loved ones:  a collective exorcism.  Doing so in the glare of the public eye defeats the psycho-spiritual purpose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think he was acting like a 23 year old. 

Cut the guy some slack.  He's been in a pressure cooker for a long time, that got even more intense over the past month.

He finishes his college career and immediately starts working towards to recruiting combine.  Goes through the whole predraft process, get's drafted by the Pats and then is left on his own while the league is in lock out.

The lock out is over and he is suddenly in this intense situation to make the team, then to get ready for the games.  He finds himself playing a very important role on a team with high expectations.  He works his behind off and becomes one of the best TE in the league.  He's got the pressure of the play offs, then 2 weeks of the SB preparation, worrying about his ankel, and then the super bowl.

And finally, in the snap of the fingers, it's over.  And he's finally able to let loose.

Imagine how he would have reacted had they won.

Oh, and he's 23 years old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

To answer your question directly. IMO, absolutely. A) The forum is based on a Boston team..the Red Sox. B) The Super bowl, in which a Boston team, the Pats, participated was just played three days ago C) There have been recent, in last few days, posts regarding differing sports D) Last time I checked there are no rules regarding topics. E) Given the behavior of our Red Sox last September, I see Pats players acting badly after losing relevant. F) Many, many Yankee fans reside and participate frequently here on a Boston Red Sox forum, thereby opening up subject matter to, well, simply anything. Now having addressed your question I have one for you. Specifically why do you feel as though A) Any other topic or comment that is not about baseball only should not be allowed? B) You sould be like Pike and become a forum moderator?

It looks like Pike weeded out the garden so well that the soil is barren. Many of the trolls have departed and now the spectators and enablers are sitting on their hands and hoping for some action. The problem that Pike failed to realize is that internet forums rely on trolls and pretenders. Few people start interesting and informative threads or post on them. Most come here to do battle, annoy, and tease. So now it is as exciting as a walk through the cemetery.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players":
    To answer your question directly. IMO, absolutely. A) The forum is based on a Boston team..the Red Sox. B) The Super bowl, in which a Boston team, the Pats, participated was just played three days ago C) There have been recent, in last few days, posts regarding differing sports D) Last time I checked there are no rules regarding topics. E) Given the behavior of our Red Sox last September, I see Pats players acting badly after losing relevant. F) Many, many Yankee fans reside and participate frequently here on a Boston Red Sox forum, thereby opening up subject matter to, well, simply anything. Now having addressed your question I have one for you. Specifically why do you feel as though A) Any other topic or comment that is not about baseball only should not be allowed? B) You sould be like Pike and become a forum moderator? Posted by sindarin-erebor
    I mean there isn't a whole patriots forum or anything

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players:
    http://deadspin.com/5882729/rob-gronkowski-shirtless-matt-light-danced-away-their-sorrows-after-the-super-bowl?tag=rob-gronkowski I realize they are young and "full of fun", but is this appropriate for a player after losing in the Super Bowl? Your thoughts....

Yes ! Let them vent any way they so please. At least they are not like the cry babies on here.             Giants #1 Again...............

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Post Super Bowl Depression for Pats Players : It looks like Pike weeded out the garden so well that the soil is barren. Many of the trolls have departed and now the spectators and enablers are sitting on their hands and hoping for some action. The problem that Pike failed to realize is that internet forums rely on trolls and pretenders. Few people start interesting and informative threads or post on them. Most come here to do battle, annoy, and tease. So now it is as exciting as a walk through the cemetery.
    Posted by LadyLake

Well, except for the fact that you ARE pike....I'm just sayin'......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think the fans take these losses a lot harder than the players do.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts