1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Post your moderator related comments here

Hello fellow posters!

We are the two moderators who were chosen by BDC to try to make this forum a better place for everyone. For now, we would prefer to remain anonymous. Our goal is to promote the exchange of ideas in a congenial way within the forum rules that you will find at the bottom of each forum page. We decided to initiate this sticky thread not only to introduce ourselves (we are both long term posters here who have been posting along side you for years) but also to serve as a place where you can file any concerns about the job we are doing, both good and bad, and for us to be able to provide you all with the reasons a post or a poster has been removed from circulation should the situation arise. Teresa has asked the contracted off site moderators to scale back their services, so most of the moderating here will be done by us. We hope this works out well for everyone.

Now, as for specifics:

General Guidelines

These are found at the bottom of every forum page. Its basic common sense, really. No personal attacks, no bigotry etc. We would also add "no flaming" (ie, no posting with the sole purpose of stirring the pot). If you are unsure of the current posting rules, please reread them. We will not be making up the rules as we go along, but there may be times when common sense has to be used as well.

Deleting Individual Posts

Posts will be deleted based on the forum guidelines as noted above. If appropriate, the reason a post was deleted will be stated on this thread. We cannot read every single post, so if you believe a post is outside of the forum posting guidelines please help us by pointing it out.

Banning Posters

In most cases before a poster is banned there will be a warning from one of us, both here on this thread (so please check it periodically) as well as on the thread you posted upon that made us consider removing you. The amount of time you will be banned will be based upon the nature of the what you wrote as well as how many times you have already been banned.

Non-baseball Dialogue

This is YOUR forum. If you would like to discuss non-baseball topics in a congenial manner from time to time we believe that is fine. Some non-baseball topics have gathered a lot of interest and have resulted in some very good discussions. Individuals who do not wish to engage in such discussions can certainly find a host of other threads in which to participate.

In the interests of keeping this brief we will stop here. Your feedback is welcome.

Mod2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

Non-baseball Dialogue

This is YOUR forum. If you would like to discuss non-baseball topics in a congenial manner from time to time we believe that is fine. Some non-baseball topics have gathered a lot of interest and have resulted in some very good discussions. Individuals who do not wish to engage in such discussions can certainly find a host of other threads in which to participate.

I agree, however could posters please refrain from posting them in the gamethread? Many go there during the game and after  to read what was posted, and to contribute to it. Last night's turned into a political  thread and have to weed through the thread to find the game related posts.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Why dont you delete the endless political crap on the game thread?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why dont you delete the endless political crap on the game thread?

[/QUOTE]

Lets see how others feel about it too. If there is a clear consensus that the game threads be free of political material-especially during the games-then its something that can be enforced. Right now there seems to be a group of people who are enjoying a spirited discussion there.

One other thing about the game threads: we (the two mods) can see every post, even the ones that you see as "this post has been removed". I want to let you all know that 99% of such posts are being written by one banned individual who operates under a variety of usernames in an effort to disrupt the forum. There is a ticket in to remove those posts completely, but when this will happen is not known.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

This is a wonderful addition to our Red Sox Forum.........  Just for the record, DAD & BILL-806 are not the MOD'S  !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

So we have come full circle, back to what caused  a lot of the trouble here in the first place  Don't you get it?  We have a political board.  I see no baseball talk over there, nor do I see any of the political posters from the game thread over there. I thought new mods might improve things, not perpetuate some of the original problems

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So we have come full circle, back to what caused  a lot of the trouble here in the first place  Don't you get it?  We have a political board.  I see no baseball talk over there, nor do I see any of the political posters from the game thread over there. I thought new mods might improve things, not perpetuate some of the original problems

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with this post.  I'm the first to recognize that threads, especially long ones, tend to wander in and out through different topics.  I don't have any problem with that as long as those topics are baseball related OR the forays into politics don't encompass more than a few posts.  

IMHO it's incumbent on the moderators to maintain the baseball forum as a baseball forum, but allowing for a little common sense for wandering.  

Also IMHO it's incumbent on the posters to try to remember that this IS primarily a baseball forum.  I know we're all passionate about our political beliefs but if we can remember that there IS a place for spirited, long-winded political debates and if we can confine those debates to the political forum this will be a better place both for those who want to post about baseball and for our VOLUNTEER mods.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Maybe we could have a designated, catch-all political thread where people can take such discussions before they get out of hand...that way posters who want to talk politics can do so to their hearts content, and those who wish to avoid it can more easily do so. I think some off-topic discussions are inevitable and I have no problem with them personally, but I'd rather not see game threads and other legitimate baseball topics be taken over by them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Good luck. Seems like a thankless job.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

I just spoke with Moderator 1. We believe that the game thread should be restricted to game and baseball related discussions, in part based on some of the comments from posters about the issue. Other threads can digress to a point. Perhaps if there are people who would like to discuss a political topic that arises briefly on the game thread, instead a separate thread could be started to separate the political discussion from the baseball related discussion. I hope that is a reasonable compromise for everyone. Comments, as always, are welcome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe we could have a designated, catch-all political thread where people can take such discussions before they get out of hand...that way posters who want to talk politics can do so to their hearts content, and those who wish to avoid it can more easily do so. I think some off-topic discussions are inevitable and I have no problem with them personally, but I'd rather not see game threads and other legitimate baseball topics be taken over by them.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting suggestion.  I tried the political forum but that place is too contentious for even meTongue OutWink

I have been here for a while so I'm comfortable with the people here. When political topics come up some say exchange e-mails.  Being a woman I'm not comfortable with that idea.  

It would be nice to be able to meet on a designated thread to continue any political conversations started on a baseball thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just spoke with Moderator 1. We believe that the game thread should be restricted to game and baseball related discussions, in part based on some of the comments from posters about the issue. Other threads can digress to a point. Perhaps if there are people who would like to discuss a political topic that arises briefly on the game thread, instead a separate thread could be started to separate the political discussion from the baseball related discussion. I hope that is a reasonable compromise for everyone. Comments, as always, are welcome.

[/QUOTE]

We posted this about the same time but it seems that we are on the same page.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Mod1 and Mod2 reminds me of Thing 1 and Thing 2 in the 'Cat in the Hat' LOL!  You can find these shirt onlineWink

DR. SEUSS THING ONE 1 2 3 4 5 T SHIRT ADULT / YOUTH / INFANT . THING 1 SHIRT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Excellent solution,

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill-806 tries very hard to stay away from politics.....  Although I have been in favor of "TRANSFORMING" THE ROSTER FROM TIME TO TIME !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Doing it again on the Pedey thread, eh Bill? Cute.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Interesting suggestion.  I tried the political forum but that place is too contentious for even meTongue OutWink

I have been here for a while so I'm comfortable with the people here. When political topics come up some say exchange e-mails.  Being a woman I'm not comfortable with that idea.  

It would be nice to be able to meet on a designated thread to continue any political conversations started on a baseball thread.

[/QUOTE]

Good point about the political forum.  I have only seen one or two political threads here and they both were far better than what goes on over at the poly site.  But rules are rules and if I see one developing here, I will refrain from joining.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point about the political forum.  I have only seen one or two political threads here and they both were far better than what goes on over at the poly site.  But rules are rules and if I see one developing here, I will refrain from joining.

[/QUOTE]

That isn't the point. If you wouldn't talk about Jon Lester on a political site then don't talk politics on a baseball site.

That is not to say that I would want mods to remove political posts.

Personally I like it here because it tends towards out of control.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That isn't the point. If you wouldn't talk about Jon Lester on a political site then don't talk politics on a baseball site.

[/QUOTE]

Well, there goes my theory that you were, in fact,  Mod # 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever the point is, if the mods don't want it going on then it won't.  It did not happen on a regular basis.  The regular posters on the political forum could care less what topic trends on a particular day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever the point is, if the mods don't want it going on then it won't.  It did not happen on a regular basis.  The regular posters on the political forum could care less what topic trends on a particular day.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the feeling that its "what the mods want". I think its up to us how we want to make this a better forum. Seems like there were a lot of objections to allowing political discussions on the the game thread, hence the suggestion that gamethreads be limited to baseball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I think if Politics ties in with BB for that day like Papi's Selfie or when Congress was holding trials on Roid users, it is fine in interject how you feel on those subjects.  But when certian poster use their own or other's posters Politcal beliefs as ammo to antagonize as they do for time to time there's no place for that here.