1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

I'm not necessarily talking about the ignore button (which definitely has its limitations). I know his posts will still appear if people quote him...so what? Are you then incapable of ignoring those posts yourself? We're adults here. If his posts bother you, you don't have to respond to them. Simple as that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not necessarily talking about the ignore button (which definitely has its limitations). I know his posts will still appear if people quote him...so what? Are you then incapable of ignoring those posts yourself? We're adults here. If his posts bother you, you don't have to respond to them. Simple as that.

[/QUOTE]
    Ok. I get that.  But I have a question for you.  Why should we have to mentally ignore his behavior?  It's not like he hasn't been told.  It's not like he hasn't been counseled.  It's also not like he hasn't been advised by the Mods that his behavior, while not against the posting rules, is unacceptable.  But he continues to do it.  Isn't our ignoring it the very definition of "enabling"?

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

DAD & BILL-806 CONCUR with FLAPJACK,  Heck, we are all big boys & girls here...... We love our RED SOX, we love playing the MANAGER & G M as it allows all of us to feel the modern day thrills of our team .....  Bill-806 has only played with the IGNORE button a couple/few times ovaaaa my 18,000 + posts........  I have been "kicked" many times by a handful of posters that don't like "other peoples OPINIONS".....  I look at it this way I/WE can "engage" or we can PASS on any thread, you/we do not have to be a HARVARD GRAD to figure that out !!!

[/QUOTE]

Again, a deflection form the real issue at hand.  I completely understand that this is a SPORTS forum and we all play Manager and GM..  It's what the forum us for.  All that I - and the Mods - suggested is that you'd just lay off the random political insults.  Why hasn't that happened?  Is it because it's too much to ask?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]DAD & BILL-806 CONCUR with FLAPJACK,  Heck, we are all big boys & girls here...... We love our RED SOX, we love playing the MANAGER & G M as it allows all of us to feel the modern day thrills of our team .....  Bill-806 has only played with the IGNORE button a couple/few times ovaaaa my 18,000 + posts........  I have been "kicked" many times by a handful of posters that don't like "other peoples OPINIONS".....  I look at it this way I/WE can "engage" or we can PASS on any thread, you/we do not have to be a HARVARD GRAD to figure that out !!!

[/QUOTE]

Again, a deflection form the real issue at hand.  I completely understand that this is a SPORTS forum and we all play Manager and GM..  It's what the forum us for.  All that I - and the Mods - suggested is that you'd just lay off the random political insults.  Why hasn't that happened?  Is it because it's too much to ask?

[/QUOTE]You are working much too hard at this.....  Lets just have fun here !!

[/QUOTE]

Again, is it too much to ask for you to lay off the random politics? 

(See, this is fun for me... trying to nail you down on something.  Although it IS like trying to nail Jell-o to a wall!)  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bill is correct. Some posters come down on him even when he is trying to be a "good poster".

This is true, but some of it Bill brought down upon himself by consistently ignoring the repeated requests by other posters to stop with the political one liners, which some here find offensive. Here is what I would suggest: lets all take a deep breath. Bill, maybe you could show a little more respect for the posters who would prefer not to be exposed to your political barbs and in return perhaps those who are complaining about what Bill writes could take a wait and see approach. People can change. 

What say you?

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill is correct. Some posters come down on him even when he is trying to be a "good poster".

This is true, but some of it Bill brought down upon himself by consistently ignoring the repeated requests by other posters to stop with the political one liners, which some here find offensive. Here is what I would suggest: lets all take a deep breath. Bill, maybe you could show a little more respect for the posters who would prefer not to be exposed to your political barbs and in return perhaps those who are complaining about what Bill writes could take a wait and see approach. People can change. 

What say you?

[/QUOTE]

Works for me.  :-)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

OK, thats a deal ..... Now lets get back to fixing our RED SOX ........

Its not going to be easy for you Bill; you have posted in a certain manner for a long time here. Here is a suggestion: make it a point to read what you have written BEFORE hitting the "add your post" button. And delete any of the political one liners you have used in the past. Accomplishing this would be respectful of your fellow posters. Good luck!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]DAD & BILL-806 CONCUR with FLAPJACK,  Heck, we are all big boys & girls here...... We love our RED SOX, we love playing the MANAGER & G M as it allows all of us to feel the modern day thrills of our team .....  Bill-806 has only played with the IGNORE button a couple/few times ovaaaa my 18,000 + posts........  I have been "kicked" many times by a handful of posters that don't like "other peoples OPINIONS".....  I look at it this way I/WE can "engage" or we can PASS on any thread, you/we do not have to be a HARVARD GRAD to figure that out !!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You are working much too hard at this.....  Lets just have fun here !!

[/QUOTE]

Again, is it too much to ask for you to lay off the random politics? 

(See, this is fun for me... trying to nail you down on something.  Although it IS like trying to nail Jell-o to a wall!)  

[/QUOTE]OK OK OK..... Lets hit the "RESET BUTTON" & see where it goes......  Now, lets play ball, will be a cold night @ FENWAY for an April 29th game !!!

[/QUOTE]

You'll be in the REM mode before the 1st pitch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the mods continue to enableI can see why people check out, I'm gone too.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see the mods enabling anyone. They certainly are not enabling Bill. I agree with other posters, if you find Bill's posts annoying just ignore them. The ignore feature on this forum is a tool..one that I use for 2 posters in the politics forum..and one that people should use. We are all adults in this forum.

You find Bill's posts annoying. Sometimes I do too..but not to same extent. You want to know what is worse and more disruptive than Bill's posts? The 20 posts following that attack Bill for his comment. In other words..the piling on. To me..that is much more disruptive to a thread than 1 or 2 annoying posts by Bill.

I think most of us take and accept Bill for what and who he is. There is no need to keep beating a dead horse..and there certainly isn't a need to keep calling for Bill to be banned. That kind of talk usually gets people blackballed in the Politics forum .

[/QUOTE]

Well said, I agree 100%  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Slasher, you wrote: "Mods 1 and Mods 2 - why has Bill-806 not been banned for his politicking?". I will repost what was written on page 1 of this thread (and later revised to exclude political discussions from the game thread). We also wrote that we would not be making up the rules as we go along. What rule is Bill breaking by bringing politics into the discussion? You may not agree with his political positions, but as far as I can tell, he is not violating any of the posting guidelines.

Non-baseball Dialogue

This is YOUR forum. If you would like to discuss non-baseball topics in a congenial manner from time to time we believe that is fine. Some non-baseball topics have gathered a lot of interest and have resulted in some very good discussions. Individuals who do not wish to engage in such discussions can certainly find a host of other threads in which to participate.

That said Bill: Please understand that your frequent political posts are having an adverse affect on some of the other posters' ability to enjoy the forum here. Consider what you are about to post before hitting the "add your post" tab. If you could reduce the amount of political posting on your part I think it would reduce the criticism you sometimes receive here. Its not breaking the posting rules, true, but its offending some of your fellow posters. Common courtesy would dictate that you hear what they are saying

[/QUOTE]OK MOD 2, that sounds fair.......  Howevaaaa, & I am not crying, even when I post a "pure vanilla" RED SOX/BASEBALL thread, I can expect a lot of smartarrrs responses from the same people that are crying foul here......  Just saying......  It's ok, I have broad shoulders and I do like the ACTION on the BOARD  !!

[/QUOTE]

Bill is correct.  Some posters come down on him even when he is trying to be a "good poster".

[/QUOTE]
    I understand that.  Does that give Bill the right to do what HE does?  This is what I refer to as "The 7th grade girl" response:  When caught in the act of doing something inappropriate their response is, "Oh...well... YEAH!  But look what HE did!!"

Bill and his supporters have done nothing but deflect - but I have to admit that he's done a good job of it!  The entire discussion now is becoming not what Bill does to offend posters but rather how right Bill is to do it because HE was offended by their response to his insults.  

This came from MOD 2, and Bill continues to ignore it.:

That said Bill: Please understand that your frequent political posts are having an adverse affect on some of the other posters' ability to enjoy the forum here. Consider what you are about to post before hitting the "add your post" tab. If you could reduce the amount of political posting on your part I think it would reduce the criticism you sometimes receive here. Its not breaking the posting rules, true, but its offending some of your fellow posters. Common courtesy would dictate that you hear what they are saying.

See, Bill is not dumb.  He now knows that he's not breaking the posting rules so he's going to continue to do it.  Bill wins.  I do find it interesting that Bill, who espouses conservative values, likes to hide behind what he has a "right" to (his freedom of speech) rather than act like a decent human being and try to solve his own problems by doing what Mod 2 has suggested.  Kinda like a welfare mom who collects her welfare because she's "entitled" to it rather than solving her own problems by finding a job. 

The bottom line here is this;  Bill has won. The Mods have enabled him, and those who find him offensive have a choice.  We can continue to watch Bill insult those with different political beliefs than his, or we can leave.   

[/QUOTE]

S5 I think you are a good poster and even though we have had our "moments" I like you.  I guess I just don't take this place as seriously as you.

I don't think people win or lose here.  We just want to share with people who love the sox even if it's not always about baseball.  We are kind of a disfunctional baseball family with all sorts of personalities.  

Some get along, some don't.  That's the way it is in real families isn't it.  We can chose to let certain people get to us or we can just ignore them.

I know you think bill has won something but I'm not sure what it is you think he has won.  Way back in time people let bill be bill.  He enjoyed doing his thing and most posters left him alone.  I think the more bill was attacked the more he reacted.

Let's just let the dust settle and let bill go back to being bill.  I don't see this as him getting away with anything.  I see this as bill being allowed to be who he originally was before the attacks started.  I think if that happens you may find him less annoying.  At least I hope so :0)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Slasher, you wrote: "Mods 1 and Mods 2 - why has Bill-806 not been banned for his politicking?". I will repost what was written on page 1 of this thread (and later revised to exclude political discussions from the game thread). We also wrote that we would not be making up the rules as we go along. What rule is Bill breaking by bringing politics into the discussion? You may not agree with his political positions, but as far as I can tell, he is not violating any of the posting guidelines.

Non-baseball Dialogue

This is YOUR forum. If you would like to discuss non-baseball topics in a congenial manner from time to time we believe that is fine. Some non-baseball topics have gathered a lot of interest and have resulted in some very good discussions. Individuals who do not wish to engage in such discussions can certainly find a host of other threads in which to participate.

That said Bill: Please understand that your frequent political posts are having an adverse affect on some of the other posters' ability to enjoy the forum here. Consider what you are about to post before hitting the "add your post" tab. If you could reduce the amount of political posting on your part I think it would reduce the criticism you sometimes receive here. Its not breaking the posting rules, true, but its offending some of your fellow posters. Common courtesy would dictate that you hear what they are saying

[/QUOTE]OK MOD 2, that sounds fair.......  Howevaaaa, & I am not crying, even when I post a "pure vanilla" RED SOX/BASEBALL thread, I can expect a lot of smartarrrs responses from the same people that are crying foul here......  Just saying......  It's ok, I have broad shoulders and I do like the ACTION on the BOARD  !!

[/QUOTE]

Bill is correct.  Some posters come down on him even when he is trying to be a "good poster".

[/QUOTE]
    I understand that.  Does that give Bill the right to do what HE does?  This is what I refer to as "The 7th grade girl" response:  When caught in the act of doing something inappropriate their response is, "Oh...well... YEAH!  But look what HE did!!"

Bill and his supporters have done nothing but deflect - but I have to admit that he's done a good job of it!  The entire discussion now is becoming not what Bill does to offend posters but rather how right Bill is to do it because HE was offended by their response to his insults.  

This came from MOD 2, and Bill continues to ignore it.:

That said Bill: Please understand that your frequent political posts are having an adverse affect on some of the other posters' ability to enjoy the forum here. Consider what you are about to post before hitting the "add your post" tab. If you could reduce the amount of political posting on your part I think it would reduce the criticism you sometimes receive here. Its not breaking the posting rules, true, but its offending some of your fellow posters. Common courtesy would dictate that you hear what they are saying.

See, Bill is not dumb.  He now knows that he's not breaking the posting rules so he's going to continue to do it.  Bill wins.  I do find it interesting that Bill, who espouses conservative values, likes to hide behind what he has a "right" to (his freedom of speech) rather than act like a decent human being and try to solve his own problems by doing what Mod 2 has suggested.  Kinda like a welfare mom who collects her welfare because she's "entitled" to it rather than solving her own problems by finding a job. 

The bottom line here is this;  Bill has won. The Mods have enabled him, and those who find him offensive have a choice.  We can continue to watch Bill insult those with different political beliefs than his, or we can leave.   

[/QUOTE]

S5 I think you are a good poster and even though we have had our "moments" I like you.  I guess I just don't take this place as seriously as you.

I don't think people win or lose here.  We just want to share with people who love the sox even if it's not always about baseball.  We are kind of a disfunctional baseball family with all sorts of personalities.  

Some get along, some don't.  That's the way it is in real families isn't it.  We can chose to let certain people get to us or we can just ignore them.

I know you think bill has won something but I'm not sure what it is you think he has won.  Way back in time people let bill be bill.  He enjoyed doing his thing and most posters left him alone.  I think the more bill was attacked the more he reacted.

Let's just let the dust settle and let bill go back to being bill.  I don't see this as him getting away with anything.  I see this as bill being allowed to be who he originally was before the attacks started.  I think if that happens you may find him less annoying.  At least I hope so :0)

[/QUOTE]

He has won your undying devotion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Bill..."harvard grad" and "fixing".

you just cannot help yourself, can you????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I find slashers avatar offensive so I have him on ignore.  

sorry my avatar was offensive 67.  i have changed to a new red sox girl for you.  what do you think?

i think she can definitely handle that bat and leg out a triple....but a headfirst slide is simply out of the question unless the base needs a saline bath.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

On another subject, I have been prodding the management team to fix the formatting problem via email and I wanted to let you all know the latest response from Chris Rattey who is now in charge of the forum. Here is what he wrote to me today:

...this is in the development queue to be looked at, hopefully this will get solved in the next couple days. I'm keeping an eye on it and trying to move it along.

Thanks again for helping me with this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Ok. I get that.  But I have a question for you.  Why should we have to mentally ignore his behavior?  It's not like he hasn't been told.  It's not like he hasn't been counseled.  It's also not like he hasn't been advised by the Mods that his behavior, while not against the posting rules, is unacceptable.  But he continues to do it.  Isn't our ignoring it the very definition of "enabling"?

[/QUOTE]

S5...you are a nice poster and one of the more sensible on the board. Ignoring comments from posters that you do not like does not enable them...it empowers you. We had a problem poster or two in the politics forum for a while. Some people ( myself included!) would argue with this poster ad nauseum because this person was simply annoying and clearly starting trouble.

Then..I came to my senses and decided to ignore this person. Pretty soon..a funny thing happened...most of the political posters also started ignoring this person. The end result of this was giving the power back to the political forum and taking it away from this one person who was trying to take over. Now..it seems at least for the meantime..there is peaceful disagreement which is the way it was before this poster showed up.

When you let someone get under your skin this much..you give them power over you and then they do win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

On another subject, I have been prodding the management team to fix the formatting problem via email and I wanted to let you all know the latest response from Chris Rattey who is now in charge of the forum. Here is what he wrote to me today:

...this is in the development queue to be looked at, hopefully this will get solved in the next couple days. I'm keeping an eye on it and trying to move it along.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. It does seem that perhaps that situation has improved? That is to say..I haven't had to go and edit any of my responses to take out all the extra lines today.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for staying on this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

FWIW....commenting on BDC articles is much easier than the forums. There seems to be a better flow under the Sox articles, than what's happening here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Then..I came to my senses and decided to ignore this person. Pretty soon..a funny thing happened...most of the political posters also started ignoring this person. The end result of this was giving the power back to the political forum and taking it away from this one person who was trying to take over. Now..it seems at least for the meantime..there is peaceful disagreement which is the way it was before this poster showed up.

[/QUOTE]

You missed a huge fiasco with the said trouble maker, while you were away.  It got very ugly for a few days.

Sections
Shortcuts