1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again, is it too much to ask for you to lay off the random politics? 

(See, this is fun for me... trying to nail you down on something.  Although it IS like trying to nail Jell-o to a wall!)  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]

Jsyk S5 all the posters telling you to just ignore the political comments have said they participate on the political forums. Last season it seemed there was an influx of political posters here. They are ALWAYS going to be OK with political discussions breaking out here. I was shocked when JBay said there was a political discussion in the game thread and asked to have it removed, and the new Mod said it was OK because it was a spirited discussion that didn't seem to be heated or whatever. Now there are posts saying they have broken out in other threads, which, again, seems OK.

FTR I've never heard of this happening. IMO no forum meant for a baseball team and baseball should be turned into political forum, or a partial political forum -- especially when there already IS a political forum. I'm surprised that they're even allowed to say it's OK. The whole "it's whatever posters want" to me seems like an excuse making it seem like it's the posters' choice to have that here. No long-time poster here would say that. It's quite possible that at least one of the mods -- maybe both - participate on the political forums as well. Just because posters don't like how the political forum is moderated, shouldn't be a reason to bring the politics here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

(See, this is fun for me... trying to nail you down on something.  Although it IS like trying to nail Jell-o to a wall!)  

[/QUOTE]

Jsyk S5 all the posters telling you to just ignore the political comments have said they participate on the political forums. Last season it seemed there was an influx of political posters here. They are ALWAYS going to be OK with political discussions breaking out here. I was shocked when JBay said there was a political discussion in the game thread and asked to have it removed, and the new Mod said it was OK because it was a spirited discussion that didn't seem to be heated or whatever. Now there are posts saying they have broken out in other threads, which, again, seems OK.

FTR I've never heard of this happening. IMO no forum meant for a baseball team and baseball should be turned into political forum, or a partial political forum -- especially when there already IS a political forum. I'm surprised that they're even allowed to say it's OK. The whole "it's whatever posters want" to me seems like an excuse making it seem like it's the posters' choice to have that here. No long-time poster here would say that. It's quite possible that at least one of the mods -- maybe both - participate on the political forums as well. Just because posters don't like how the political forum is moderated, shouldn't be a reason to bring the politics here.

[/QUOTE]

I don't read - or even see - any other BDC forums.  I feel like I spend too much time here as it is!  Therefore I don't see what's going on in those forums.  As to what's going on here, when I see/saw a thread that was turning political I ignore it.  Arguing politics is a fruitless argument in that both sides are polarized to the extent that everyone is talking to a wall.  So why bother?  As I said, I spend too much time her anyway.

For me it's all about respect and I try to treat each post and poster with respect.  I try to adhere to something a wise older lady (whom I called Mom) taught me - that "Every person is entitled to their opinion, no matter how much of a crackpot they are." :-)  That's not to say that I'm always successful, but it's what I try to do.  Unfortunately I DO have human failings, one being that I expect other people to live up to my standards in that regard.

That having been said and in an attempt to perform a post-mortem on that dust-up with Bill...

My issue wasn't the political discussions that break out here, rather it was the continual non-contexual 'barbs' Bill randomly threw out denigrating the current administration.  He put up many posts where he could have made his baseball related point without the comments about "Harvard Grad", "The Big-O" and Obamacare, and would in fact have given his posts more credibility without those comments. 

He was counseled by me and by others, he was asked to not introduce his politics into this sports forum, and he was even advised and asked by the mods to stop doing it, all to no avail.  I found his, "I'll do whatever I damn well please" attitude to be insulting and disrespectful. And as I said, for me it's all about respect. 

However, I'm trying to be confident that this issue is now behind us as Bill has said "OK OK OK..... Lets hit the "RESET BUTTON" & see where it goes......"  and I'm hoping it goes in a more respectful direction.  If it doesn't go in a more respectful direction I'm certain that there are those here who will hold his feet to the fire.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't read - or even see - any other BDC forums.  I feel like I spend too much time here as it is!  Therefore I don't see what's going on in those forums.  As to what's going on here, when I see/saw a thread that was turning political I ignore it.  Arguing politics is a fruitless argument in that both sides are polarized to the extent that everyone is talking to a wall.  So why bother?  As I said, I spend too much time her anyway.

For me it's all about respect and I try to treat each post and poster with respect.  I try to adhere to something a wise older lady (whom I called Mom) taught me - that "Every person is entitled to their opinion, no matter how much of a crackpot they are." :-)  That's not to say that I'm always successful, but it's what I try to do.  Unfortunately I DO have human failings, one being that I expect other people to live up to my standards in that regard.

That having been said and in an attempt to perform a post-mortem on that dust-up with Bill...

My issue wasn't the political discussions that break out here, rather it was the continual non-contexual 'barbs' Bill randomly threw out denigrating the current administration.  He put up many posts where he could have made his baseball related point without the comments about "Harvard Grad", "The Big-O" and Obamacare, and would in fact have given his posts more credibility without those comments. 

He was counseled by me and by others, he was asked to not introduce his politics into this sports forum, and he was even advised and asked by the mods to stop doing it, all to no avail.  I found his, "I'll do whatever I damn well please" attitude to be insulting and disrespectful. And as I said, for me it's all about respect. 

However, I'm trying to be confident that this issue is now behind us as Bill has said "OK OK OK..... Lets hit the "RESET BUTTON" & see where it goes......"  and I'm hoping it goes in a more respectful direction.  If it doesn't go in a more respectful direction I'm certain that there are those here who will hold his feet to the fire.

[/QUOTE]

There are others here to love to roam around the threads to attack people with their nasty little jabs that have nothing to do with baseball.  Why do those people not bother you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Just have to learn to ignore those nasty little jabs.  Why let it bother you, is that not your advice to others?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are others here to love to roam around the threads to attack people with their nasty little jabs that have nothing to do with baseball.  Why do those people not bother you?

[/QUOTE]
    Who said they don't?  
    In this case it was a matter of whose ox was being gored.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

@ 67 RedSox

You have a PM

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ummm.....pot calling the kettle black.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Who said they don't?  
    In this case it was a matter of whose ox was being gored.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Vivid statement!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

@ 67 RedSox

You have a PM

Thanks, I responded.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

@ 67 RedSox

You have a PM

[/QUOTE]

Are PMs possible again here?

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Seems that they are Pumps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

@ 67 RedSox

You have a PM

Are PMs possible again here?

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I received one and sent two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Good morning. I wanted to let everyone know, in the interest of transparency, that as of now the mods can view not only our own private messages but also those of everyone else. This is not something we asked for, nor, at least in my case, something I want. I have informed the BDC management team of this glitch (I see it as a glitch) and they are not sure if its a glitch or an intended feature. I will not be moderating private messages, nor will I be divulging any information contained in them whatsoever. Private messages should remain private. However, the way it is set up right now is that the two BDC appointed mods can view all pms. If and when this gets fixed we will let you know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Mod2's comment:

Good morning. I wanted to let everyone know, in the interest of transparency, that as of now the mods can view not only our own private messages but also those of everyone else. This is not something we asked for, nor, at least in my case, something I want. I have informed the BDC management team of this glitch (I see it as a glitch) and they are not sure if its a glitch or an intended feature. I will not be moderating private messages, nor will I be divulging any information contained in them whatsoever. Private messages should remain private. However, the way it is set up right now is that the two BDC appointed mods can view all pms. If and when this gets fixed we will let you know.

Bill-806 thinks  that "TRANSPARENCY"  is good !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Bill-806 has tried telling  S5  that "TRANSPARENCY"  is good !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Is this an effort to goad S5? Thats the way it looks to me Bill-806.  How do you think your post as currently written would be received by its target? Think about it. Perhaps you should consider editing your post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Bill-806 has tried telling  S5  that "TRANSPARENCY"  is good !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Is this an effort to goad S5? Thats the way it looks to me Bill-806.  How do you think your post as currently written would be received by its target? Think about it. Perhaps you should consider editing your post.

[/QUOTE]TRUE DAT, but its OK for him to goad  B-806  all day long !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

LOL  How predictable was THAT^^^^??

This is what I posted yesterday in the Lyons in, Remy out thread:

The next thing you know Bill will be playing the victim, running to the mods saying, "See? They're picking on me! :-((( "
    On day #1 he says we'll "Reset and see how it works" and on Day #2 we find out how it works.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL  How predictable was THAT^^^^??

This is what I posted yesterday in the Lyons in, Remy out thread:

The next thing you know Bill will be playing the victim, running to the mods saying, "See? They're picking on me! :-((( "
    On day #1 he says we'll "Reset and see how it works" and on Day #2 we find out how it works.

[/QUOTE]Hey, yesterday was a rain out, cut some slack, please !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

My comment is:  I think Bill's upcoming 4th ban should last all of the way through the 2017 season.  If Sterling got a lifetime ban for saying the things he did......Bill should at least get something of substance.  When he came off of his multiple bans   all he did was make a mockery of his 'punishment' each time.  I think these two new mods are much stronger than that though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First... via private messages, I've learned your identity :-)  (full disclosure)

Second....I think this new moderated test is not going well. Especially considering who the moderators are.

Third....when they chose to add two moderators, they should have made sure the site was working first.

Fourth.....please don't tell anyone my dirty little secrets :-0 and who I am sleeping with. WHOOOPSIE!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

TRUE DAT, but its OK for him to goad B-806 all day long !!

I was not talking about a post by S5; I was referring to your post-which you admit was an attempt to goad another poster into reacting. That could be viewed as flaming. I do not think S5 would be pushing your buttons without you first pushing his. He was perfectly willing to let you hit the "reset button", but you violated his trust by goading him. You need to stop doing that sort of thing; then people here will likely show you the respect you would deserve.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

[QUOTE]

First... via private messages, I've learned your identity :-)  (full disclosure)

Second....I think this new moderated test is not going well. Especially considering who the moderators are.

Third....when they chose to add two moderators, they should have made sure the site was working first.

Fourth.....please don't tell anyone my dirty little secrets :-0 and who I am sleeping with. WHOOOPSIE!!!

[/QUOTE]

First, it would be more constructive if you were able to provide specific reasons why you do not think it is going well. If you wish, you can respond by pm with those criticisms. Second, we were both appointed well before the "upgrade". And third, about who you are sleeping with.......I never could keep a secret.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

First, the ability to see everyone else's pms seems to have disappeared this morning, and thats a good thing. Second, it would be more constructive if you were able to provide specific reasons why you do not think it is going well. If you wish, you can respond by pm with those criticisms. Third, we were both appointed well before the "upgrade". And fourth, about who you are sleeping with.......I never could keep a secret.

[/QUOTE]

First, the ability to see everyone else's pms.

YIKES! Is it that time of month already?????

I never could keep a secret.
    How do I know my criticisms will be kept a secret?  ;-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First, the ability to see everyone else's pms seems to have disappeared this morning, and thats a good thing. Second, it would be more constructive if you were able to provide specific reasons why you do not think it is going well. If you wish, you can respond by pm with those criticisms. Third, we were both appointed well before the "upgrade". And fourth, about who you are sleeping with.......I never could keep a secret.

[/QUOTE]

First, the ability to see everyone else's pms.

YIKES! Is it that time of month already?????

I never could keep a secret.
    How do I know my criticisms will be kept a secret?  ;-)

[/QUOTE]

You can pm me or, since you allegedly know my real identity, you can pm my other screen name. If you so state, what you write will be kept confidential. Look, we do not get paid for doing this job. The only reason I accepted it is to try to make the forum a better place to hang out. If there are reasonable things we can do better we are definitely open to them. If its the consensus after a reasonable amount of time that the site was better moderated by off site (in Canada) moderators then I personally have no problem returning control to them.

Sections
Shortcuts