In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I seem to be their hit list also because I come to bill's aid.  That thread about wanting to punch posters is a case in point.

[/QUOTE]
    Ahhh...yeah... I think you may have taken that just a tad too literally.  :-)

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry S5 but I don't think I did. Since your'e not a woman I don't think you understand.  

Guys are guys and say um....."interesting" things to eachother, I get that.  If you all want to post on that thread saying you want to punch each other out fine have at it.  If the mods don't have a problem with that thread that's fine also.  But keep women out of it.  I wouldn't have commented if my name wasn't brought into it.  I am old school. It's never ok to say that you want to punch a women, even in jest.  

[/QUOTE]
    ...and a tad too personally.  

Possibly the thread should have been titled, "Remembering that this is only a hypothetical scenario, who do you ever get so frustrated with that you sometimes would consider inflicting pain by means of physical violence on should you ever meet them at The Cask 'n' Flagon.  Remembering that it's hypothetical."  

Besides, we're pretty much a bunch of old men who couldn't hurt anyone anyway!  :-)

[/QUOTE]

S5 I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.  The mods removed the original post so I think they saw it as a personal attack.

Back in the day I earned a high red belt in tae kwon do so guess I could take on a bunch of old men ;0)  Now I'm just an old lady with health issues who spends too much time here because she tires so easliy.

Ah, to be young once more!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

[QUOTE]

REPOSTED FROM THE CASK 'N' FLAGON THREAD:

I'm bringing this here because it's more appropriate here than in the original thread:

HFX said:

The guy (Bill) is no innocent victim.  He brings it all on himself, knowingly.    

Pumpsie said:

[/QUOTE]

I do not recall Bill ever writing this kind of thing: "HFX is a lib/left moonbat". He writes stuff in GENERAL terms disdaining the liberal wing. Can you show me an example where he initiated a personal attack on another poster? So what if he dislikes Ortiz and writes posts to express that opinion, no matter how warped his reasoning is. I disagree with almost everything he writes here but frankly, he doesn't bother me. I just move on to the next post. I realize he irritates a lot of people here and maybe he is doing some of that intentionally just to stir the pot sometimes. I just view his opinions about Ortiz and the FO as misguided and illogical, but certainly not offensive.

[/QUOTE]

My Response:

I hope the mods are very careful herein legitimizing what's being said.  

Issue #1 - This is NOT the political forum.  If Bill wants to use lib/moonbat there may be a place for it but it's NOT in the Red Sox forum.  We're all Sox fans here regardless of political affiliation and to repeatedly insult those of a different political belief with name-calling (or any other way) is NOT conducive to a good forum.

Issue #2 - There's a very fine line between saying certain people are libs/moonbats and saying YOU are a ... . If the mods decide to give Bill license to say anything he wants to say as long as he doesn't precede it with "you", they're willing to allow this to become a forum of backhanded name calling, and I can assure you that Bill won't like that any better than he likes what's going on now.

As I said before, Bill is not dumb. Bill is smart.  Bill will push the envelope just as far as the mods will let him push it - and then he'll push it just a little more to see what he can get away with.  That's what he did in the political issue up until yesterday and he's demonstrated that he's more than willing to push it again.

[/QUOTE]WOW, S5.......  you give Bill-806 way too much credit here, you are working way too hard here......  Put another way, as DAD would say..........  "SON, this guy S 5 actually thinks that you are smart, I wish that your teachers had felt the same"  !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Since Bill directed his post at me I'll direct mine at him.

No, Bill.  You're smart.  You may be able to fool some of the people here with your, "I'm just a poor old Vet" routine, but I'm not one of them.  You're smart enough to be duplicitous almost (?)  to the point of being dishonest, and that's not a trait of a stupid person.

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Since Bill directed his post at me I'll direct mine at him.

No, Bill.  You're smart.  You may be able to fool some of the people here with your, "I'm just a poor old Vet" routine, but I'm not one of them.  You're smart enough to be duplicitous almost (?)  to the point of being dishonest, and that's not a trait of a stupid person.

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. 

[/QUOTE]DUPLICITOUS  ?????    Sorry, wrong......  I had to write that word on the pad, before I could address it in this post !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Two more "D" words.  "Disingenuous" and "Deflection".  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Here is another one......... DEMONIZING !!!  THAT'S YOUR GAME !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

See?  He's not dumb.  He picked right up on those "D" words and even had another one for me! 

New flash;  Bill is not dumb.  Bill is smart, and he's playing us with his, "Duh...Gee.. I'm just a dumb ol' vet" routine. 

As a poster here all I ask for is respect and honesty.  I'd submit that we're not getting either of those from 'certain posters'.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Here is another one......... DEMONIZING !!!  THAT'S YOUR GAME !!!

I'm not surprised that Bill knows about demonizing, since that's what he's been doing all along - demonizing the current administration.  That's what got us into this mess here to begin with. 

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I want to thank the mods for doing a great job with a thankless task.  This forum is becoming a much better place because of them.

Keep up the good work gentlemen!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

I want to thank the mods for doing a great job with a thankless task.  This forum is becoming a much better place because of them.

Keep up the good work gentlemen!

[/QUOTE]DAD & BILL-806 CONCUR   !!!!!   The BOARD is no longer a haven for the "WISE GUYS"  !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Hi folks!

FYI, BogeyAt12oclock has been given a vacation from the forum for repeated attacks on fellow posters despite warnings that he needs to stop. So you will see a few more "this post has been deleted" in the various threads-they reflect, for the most part, his posts which are no longer visible to you. Aside from being a violation of the posting policy at Boston.Com, these kinds of posts have no place in a public forum. Hopefully when he returns he will be able to refrain from insulting fellow posters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Mod2's comment:

Hi folks!

FYI, BogeyAt12oclock has been given a vacation from the forum for repeated attacks on fellow posters despite warnings that he needs to stop. So you will see a few more "this post has been deleted" in the various threads-they reflect, for the most part, his posts which are no longer visible to you. Aside from being a violation of the posting policy at Boston.Com, these kinds of posts have no place in a public forum. Hopefully when he returns he will be able to refrain from insulting fellow posters.

THANK YOU.........  Like the WEATHER, the SOX & this FORUM, getting better every day now !!!!         GO SOX  !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Posted by Bill on the morning of 5/4 in the "Wicked is as wicked does" thread:

WOW........ #1/ Why does it matter ???? Only @ contract & production time would this be questioned........... #2/ PROOF ???? Yes, it is hard to prove as we all know that ALL BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE not created equal !!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here we go again with a thinly veiled political statement.  Day after day after day it doesn't change.  

How long are the Mods going to put up with this after repeatedly warning Bill about exactly this kind of thing? When does a little "Time Out" be in order? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

plus he was antagonizing a suspended poster today.... acting as if he were part of the Mod Squad..... its like a kid who is often in detention being awarded a hall monitor pass.... it doesn't work.

"BOGIE, Just for the RECORD......... DESPICABLE comments are no longer needed on this BOARD....... We are in the PROCESS of building a better RED SOX FORUM here !!!!! A "KINDER & GENTLER" place to be !!!"  Bill-806

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

After Bogie's (well deserved) banning yesterday, this would be a great time for the Mods to make a statement as to exactly what is and is not allowed here by throwing a well deserved "vacation" Bill's way too.

He's "thumbing his nose" at the mods and the posters by talking about "kinder and gentler" (which BTW is also political as it was one of GHW Bush's rallying cries") while continuing to do EXACTLY what the mods have told him NOT to do.

I guess the real question now is how long do the mods allow themselves to be insulted by Bill.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

After Bogie's (well deserved) banning yesterday, this would be a great time for the Mods to make a statement as to exactly what is and is not allowed here by throwing a well deserved "vacation" Bill's way too.

He's "thumbing his nose" at the mods and the posters by talking about "kinder and gentler" (which BTW is also political as it was one of GHW Bush's rallying cries") while continuing to do EXACTLY what the mods have told him NOT to do.

I guess the real question now is how long do the mods allow themselves to be insulted by Bill.   

[/QUOTE]As  DAD would say...........   "SON, you are reading way to much of what you want to see in this" ............   GO RED SOX   !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moderator1. Show Moderator1's posts

Bill,

Please chill with the politics and political comments. Thank You.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Moderator1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill,

Please chill with the politics and political comments. Thank You.

[/QUOTE]Will DO,  thanks ......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moderator1. Show Moderator1's posts

Just wanted to "introduce" myself here since Mod2 has been the voice so far. I am the other moderator assigned to the Sox forum AKA "Moderator1" . while myself and Mod2 do discuss everything going on with the forum and make decisions as a team, you will probably be hearing mostly from Mod2.

We really want to be fair and have OTFB a great forum for everyone to come to. Ive actually been moderating along with the outsourced company for a while now as a trial. We figured another moderator who has been here for a while was needed as the forum was finishing its upgrades and new look. I think having two unbiased posters who know the others on here will be a better way to run things and I think you will agree as time goes on.

Thank you to everyone for your cooperation in cleaning things up a bit all while keeping OTFB a great place to talk baseball.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Just wanted to "introduce" myself here since Mod2 has been the voice so far. I am the other moderator assigned to the Sox forum AKA "Moderator1" . while myself and Mod2 do discuss everything going on with the forum and make decisions as a team, you will probably be hearing mostly from Mod2.

We really want to be fair and have OTFB a great forum for everyone to come to. Ive actually been moderating along with the outsourced company for a while now as a trial. We figured another moderator who has been here for a while was needed as the forum was finishing its upgrades and new look. I think having two unbiased posters who know the others on here will be a better way to run things and I think you will agree as time goes on.

Thank you to everyone for your cooperation in cleaning things up a bit all while keeping OTFB a great place to talk baseball.  

[/QUOTE]THANK YOU TOO.....    I can't speak for everybody, but DAD & BILL-806 are thrilled to have you both on BOARD......  Now, we have "an even playing field" an we can bet back to BASEBALL & our RED SOX......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]THANK YOU TOO.....    I can't speak for everybody, but DAD & BILL-806 are thrilled to have you both on BOARD......  Now, we have "an even playing field" an we can bet back to BASEBALL & our RED SOX......

[/QUOTE]

Indeed Bill, as Moderator 1 suggested earlier in regards to your political comments, there will be an "even playing field". That includes a cessation on your part (as you promised earlier, but failed to adhere to) not including your omnipresent political commentary that you feel obliged to inject into your baseball posts. I would consider that flaming. Consider yourself warned.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

w e d  !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe there was an impression that you were both long time Sox posters, when it seems more likely that you are long time posters to the boards here in general. Any long time poster on the Sox forum would know how long we have been trying to keep the political posts off this board. You both seem to embrace it, so one would have to conclude that you're posters yourselves from/on the political forum.

I'll add that at least one poster from the political boards knows Mod2, and has said so. IMO if one person or more knows who you both are, it just seems like the cat is out of the bag and maybe everyone should know who you are instead of some specific group pming each other -- among other political posters.

No offense, but you just have to wonder if the sudden influx of political posters here -- which I pointed out before your announcement  -- wasn't connected in some way. And the tolerance for political discussions breaking out in baseball threads could only come from posters who love a good political discussion.

You may just remove this post. Let's face it, it's not like my posts haven't been removed for lesser reasons recently -- or for no reason that I can figure out at least.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

I think since the MODS have started their first tour of duty that fewer posts have been removed... one of my own, but fewer overall... this is great if true! 

Too many posts were removed before, hopefully I am correct and I can tribute Mod1 and Mod2 for this....

Still feels like the Dating Game (Bachelor number one (Mod number one) what would you do if you....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

I think since the MODS have started their first tour of duty that fewer posts have been removed... one of my own, but fewer overall... this is great i

Too many posts were removed before, hopefully I am correct and I can tribute Mod1 and Mod2 for this....

Still feels like the Dating Game (Bachelor number one (Mod number one) what would you do if you....

Without going back and looking, I thought one of the posts from the Mods said BDC asked the outsourced company to give it a rest?