Post your moderator related comments here

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

The 3 times I was suspended was all because I lashed out at the forum controllers... that is a fact. Everything else I have said that was rude or antagonizing has never led me to be suspended.

You won't catch my tip-toeing...

I am sincere that at least in a glance fewer posts have been removed since they announced their presence... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Moderator1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just wanted to "introduce" myself here since Mod2 has been the voice so far. I am the other moderator assigned to the Sox forum AKA "Moderator1" . while myself and Mod2 do discuss everything going on with the forum and make decisions as a team, you will probably be hearing mostly from Mod2.

We really want to be fair and have OTFB a great forum for everyone to come to. Ive actually been moderating along with the outsourced company for a while now as a trial. We figured another moderator who has been here for a while was needed as the forum was finishing its upgrades and new look. I think having two unbiased posters who know the others on here will be a better way to run things and I think you will agree as time goes on.

Thank you to everyone for your cooperation in cleaning things up a bit all while keeping OTFB a great place to talk baseball.  

[/QUOTE]

Pretty tough to buy that, not knowing who you are.

Everyone has some form of bias or another.

But, BDC has managed to screw up every other aspect of this board, why not "anonymous" mods too?

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[/QUOTE]

But, BDC has managed to screw up every other aspect of this board, why not "anonymous" mods too?
    [/QUOTE]

+1

There is no way someone that has been in this forum for a good amount of time can be bias. There is just no way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

[/QUOTE]

+1

There is no way someone that has been in this forum for a good amount of time can be bias. There is just no way.

[/QUOTE]

I've read quite a few forums, on different subjects, from cars and bikes, to sports.

The moderators are almost always identified with their screen names.

It doesn't seem to cause an issue.

I'm not trying to infer that they're not doing a decent job, because they are.

Then again, the 3rd-party jokers did set the bar quite low.

The whole anonymous thing just seems kind of gutless to me.

Maybe they figure Bill will ramp up his shameless butt-kissing, if he knew who they were.

[object HTMLDivElement]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

[QUOTE]tHERE AGAIN, maybe BILL-806 & DAD are the 2 (two) MODS  ????  I/we  DAD & I think that BDC has done the right thing as the BOARD is getting better by the MINUTE and most posters can concentrate on our RED SOX !!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

I've read quite a few forums, on different subjects, from cars and bikes, to sports.

The moderators are almost always identified with their screen names.

It doesn't seem to cause an issue.

I'm not trying to infer that they're not doing a decent job, because they are.

Then again, the 3rd-party jokers did set the bar quite low.

The whole anonymous thing just seems kind of gutless to me.

Maybe they figure Bill will ramp up his shameless butt-kissing, if he knew who they were.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

tHERE AGAIN, maybe BILL-806 & DAD are the 2 (two) MODS ???? I/we DAD & I think that BDC has done the right thing as the BOARD is getting better by the MINUTE and most posters can concentrate on our RED SOX !!!

Not even the powers that be at BDC are that nuts.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Re: Official Sizemore VS Ellsbury head-to-head thread for 162 games
    posted at 4/30/2014 3:50 PM EDT

Bill-806
    First: 8/6/2008
    Last: 5/5/2014

"DAD, BILL-806 , MOD 1 & MOD 2 respectfully asks that this THREAD comes to an end for the well being of all concerned !!!"

Mods I would not want someone running around speaking on my behalf, especially in falsehoods.... any chance you can send this gross violator of manners to a long hiatus?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Re: Official Sizemore VS Ellsbury head-to-head thread for 162 games
    posted at 4/30/2014 3:50 PM EDT

Bill-806
    First: 8/6/2008
    Last: 5/5/2014

"DAD, BILL-806 , MOD 1 & MOD 2 respectfully asks that this THREAD comes to an end for the well being of all concerned !!!"

Mods I would not want someone running around speaking on my behalf, especially in falsehoods.... any chance you can send this gross violator of manners to a long hiatus?

[/QUOTE]
    Is Bill saying that he, "Dad",  Mod 1 & Mod 2 are asking that this thread be removed?  Because that's what it says.

If it is the intent of the mods to remove the thread I would ask that they don't do it without input/discussion from the posters.

Speaking entirely for myself, I want this thread to stay as a way for posters to contact the Mods.   

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

[/QUOTE]

It seems he was just copying a post from another thread -- that is, no matter how much power the political posters seem to have here.

[/QUOTE]
    Awww... I hope not.  This entire issue is bad enough without fanning the flames.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

It seems he was just copying a post from another thread -- that is, no matter how much power the political posters seem to have here.

Kim, are "political posters" the new shadowy group manipulating everything behind the scenes?

This board is more fraught with conspiracy and intrigue than "Game of Thrones."

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Good discussion. Speaking only for myself (ie I have not discussed this with Moderator 1), it is not my intention to remain anonymous forever. The reason I prefer to remain so for a while is so that the job I am doing here can be judged by my fellow posters without any positive or negative bias that might be associated with how I post on the forum under my other username. In the end, as I said before, if the consensus here is that we are better off with outsourced mods (someone will be moderating here) thats fine with me. On the other hand, if the consensus is that we are being fair and doing a reasonably good job, I will ask the Globe to double my salary.

As for some other points raised here: Bill, this thread is going nowhere. I read it every day and welcome input. Input from this thread has already changed my views in two ways: first (and this related directly to you Bill): your political inserts into your Red Sox posts are viewed by many other posters as flaming and while they don't bother me personally, they cannot be tolerated here any longer. Second, most posters want politics completely off limits on the game thread, so thats the way its being managed.

The issue of discussing politics here has also been brought up in this discussion. I will post again something I wrote on page one-and mention that this originated not from me, but as a general direction from Teresa Hanafin before she moved on to another position:

This is YOUR forum. If you would like to discuss non-baseball topics in a congenial manner from time to time we believe that is fine. Some non-baseball topics have gathered a lot of interest and have resulted in some very good discussions. Individuals who do not wish to engage in such discussions can certainly find a host of other threads in which to participate.

Finally, JBay is correct: the contract mods have been asked to lay low for a while. Posts that are deleted are being deleted by us. While there are fewer deleted posts, some of the personal stuff is still being removed, and some of the deleted posts you see are because a poster has been banned, though that has happened to only two individuals since we started here.

Keep the comments and criticisms coming!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Awww... I hope not.  This entire issue is bad enough without fanning the flames.  

[/QUOTE]

Read it again, he's reposting from another thread. And what's wrong with fanning the flames? That is, if you believe in what you're saying.

I could have two seconds left before I'm gone from the board for questioning the moderating. I'm good with that. I just hope that what I've said has helped in some way to bring this forum back to baseball where it belongs, and leave the Bill's and their friends behind.

[/QUOTE]

Criticizing the job we are doing (as long as its not personal) is not going to get anyone banned. Quite the contrary: we need constructive criticism and direction. This is not our forum; it belongs to everyone here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good discussion. Speaking only for myself (ie I have not discussed this with Moderator 1), it is not my intention to remain anonymous forever. The reason I prefer to remain so for a while is so that the job I am doing here can be judged by my fellow posters without any positive or negative bias that might be associated with how I post on the forum under my other username. In the end, as I said before, if the consensus here is that we are better off with outsourced mods (someone will be moderating here) thats fine with me. On the other hand, if the consensus is that we are being fair and doing a reasonably good job, I will ask the Globe to double my salary.

As for some other points raised here: Bill, this thread is going nowhere. I read it every day and welcome input. Input from this thread has already changed my views in two ways: first (and this related directly to you Bill): your political inserts into your Red Sox posts are viewed by many other posters as flaming and while they don't bother me personally, they cannot be tolerated here any longer. Second, most posters want politics completely off limits on the game thread, so thats the way its being managed.

The issue of discussing politics here has also been brought up in this discussion. I will post again something I wrote on page one-and mention that this originated not from me, but as a general direction from Teresa Hanafin before she moved on to another position:

This is YOUR forum. If you would like to discuss non-baseball topics in a congenial manner from time to time we believe that is fine. Some non-baseball topics have gathered a lot of interest and have resulted in some very good discussions. Individuals who do not wish to engage in such discussions can certainly find a host of other threads in which to participate.

Finally, JBay is correct: the contract mods have been asked to lay low for a while. Posts that are deleted are being deleted by us. While there are fewer deleted posts, some of the personal stuff is still being removed, and some of the deleted posts you see are because a poster has been banned, though that has happened to only two individuals since we started here.

[/QUOTE]Just for the record,  It was  S 5 who reposted/pasted the post from another thread and not me BILL-806......   That said, again i am thrilled with the fact that we have TWO MODS here to keep every one honest, no complaints from me as I have not felt any more comfortable on this board.......... Keep up the good work Im sure that in time the TEARS will subside !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Just for the record,  It was  S 5 who reposted/pasted the post from another thread and not me BILL-806......   That said, again i am thrilled with the fact that we have TWO MODS here to keep every one honest, no complaints from me as I have not felt any more comfortable on this board.......... Keep up the good work Im sure that in time the TEARS will subside !!!

[/QUOTE]

No one shed more "TEARS" than you, during your last vacation, so stow it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

Hey, like everyone I would like to believe there's going to be some order here, and I'm not one for a lot of order or over-moderating every little thing. The political discussions have been a problem here for a while and the thought that the new mods don't think so seemed to me like we just can't get a break from it. And that includes those who respond to it. I truly hope that your presence here changes things. I wasn't happy with having posts removed for IMO nothing, but I'm assuming it's a work in progress.

I still believe that if a group of posters know who you are, than we all should even if we're not on the political forum since it seems to be common knowledge there.

Kimsaysthis:

Please show where in the politics forum you claim the identity of the RS mods is discussed. We in that forum are befuddled over this alleghation from you . The RS forum is not a topic of discussion in politics so please stop your lying,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I think the identity of the mods should stay secrete.  They are doing a good job so why rock the boat.  It seems to me the mods can post freely as themselves now but if they "come clean" there may be friction on this board.  

Some poster may feel the mods favor some and not others.  If I were a mod I wouldn't want people hounding me. I would want the freedom to post as myself and then have the freedom to moderate.  That's just me.

Any updates on the white space.  Will we ever get spell check back?  I'm lost without it!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i agree with 67.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'm also not concerned about whether or not we know the identities of the mods...if they want to reveal themselves at some point, great, but I get why they might not people's opinions of them as posters mixed up with opinions of their performance as moderators, and I don't see what one really has to do with the other anyway. As far as I can tell, they're doing a fine job so far. I'm glad to see that they're warning people about objectionable behavior before taking action as well as offering explanations for why action was taken if need be, and that they seem receptive to criticism and suggestions -- all things that were missing under the old regime. That's enough for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

The post deletions being kept to a minimum is nice.  It quells the conversations on who is pressing the button.  I don't need to know or care to know the identity of the mods.  The chronic complainers would have one more thing to gripe about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moderator1. Show Moderator1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have remained anonymous for a while now. It was tough to try and moderate while the outsourced company was still working, as it seemed I was forever correcting everything they were doing. They didnt know the other posters like I did, and made a lot of bad decisions because of that. Now that we are taking the lead here, Myself and Mod2, I have no question that this forum will improve. will it be perfect? no. will everyone be happy all the time? no. But the same rules will apply to everyone, no matter what happens when we are under our other usernames, and We will be fair no matter who the poster is. I know I can, and have been be unbiased, and I know that Mod2 will be as well.

We'll see what happens in the future, but for now, remaining anonymous is the best way to go IMO. That way we can be fairly judged on our performance. Thank you all for your opinions, criticisms, and thoughts. This forum is for all of us, so your input is encouraged.