1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two more "D" words.  "Disingenuous" and "Deflection".  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]Here is another one......... DEMONIZING !!!  THAT'S YOUR GAME !!!

I'm not surprised that Bill knows about demonizing, since that's what he's been doing all along - demonizing the current administration.  That's what got us into this mess here to begin with. 

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I want to thank the mods for doing a great job with a thankless task.  This forum is becoming a much better place because of them.

Keep up the good work gentlemen!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want to thank the mods for doing a great job with a thankless task.  This forum is becoming a much better place because of them.

Keep up the good work gentlemen!

[/QUOTE]DAD & BILL-806 CONCUR   !!!!!   The BOARD is no longer a haven for the "WISE GUYS"  !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Hi folks!

FYI, BogeyAt12oclock has been given a vacation from the forum for repeated attacks on fellow posters despite warnings that he needs to stop. So you will see a few more "this post has been deleted" in the various threads-they reflect, for the most part, his posts which are no longer visible to you. Aside from being a violation of the posting policy at Boston.Com, these kinds of posts have no place in a public forum. Hopefully when he returns he will be able to refrain from insulting fellow posters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Mod2's comment:

Hi folks!

FYI, BogeyAt12oclock has been given a vacation from the forum for repeated attacks on fellow posters despite warnings that he needs to stop. So you will see a few more "this post has been deleted" in the various threads-they reflect, for the most part, his posts which are no longer visible to you. Aside from being a violation of the posting policy at Boston.Com, these kinds of posts have no place in a public forum. Hopefully when he returns he will be able to refrain from insulting fellow posters.

THANK YOU.........  Like the WEATHER, the SOX & this FORUM, getting better every day now !!!!         GO SOX  !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Posted by Bill on the morning of 5/4 in the "Wicked is as wicked does" thread:

WOW........ #1/ Why does it matter ???? Only @ contract & production time would this be questioned........... #2/ PROOF ???? Yes, it is hard to prove as we all know that ALL BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE not created equal !!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here we go again with a thinly veiled political statement.  Day after day after day it doesn't change.  

How long are the Mods going to put up with this after repeatedly warning Bill about exactly this kind of thing? When does a little "Time Out" be in order? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

After Bogie's (well deserved) banning yesterday, this would be a great time for the Mods to make a statement as to exactly what is and is not allowed here by throwing a well deserved "vacation" Bill's way too.

He's "thumbing his nose" at the mods and the posters by talking about "kinder and gentler" (which BTW is also political as it was one of GHW Bush's rallying cries") while continuing to do EXACTLY what the mods have told him NOT to do.

I guess the real question now is how long do the mods allow themselves to be insulted by Bill.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

After Bogie's (well deserved) banning yesterday, this would be a great time for the Mods to make a statement as to exactly what is and is not allowed here by throwing a well deserved "vacation" Bill's way too.

He's "thumbing his nose" at the mods and the posters by talking about "kinder and gentler" (which BTW is also political as it was one of GHW Bush's rallying cries") while continuing to do EXACTLY what the mods have told him NOT to do.

I guess the real question now is how long do the mods allow themselves to be insulted by Bill.   

[/QUOTE]As  DAD would say...........   "SON, you are reading way to much of what you want to see in this" ............   GO RED SOX   !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moderator1. Show Moderator1's posts

Bill,

Please chill with the politics and political comments. Thank You.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Moderator1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill,

Please chill with the politics and political comments. Thank You.

[/QUOTE]Will DO,  thanks ......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moderator1. Show Moderator1's posts

Just wanted to "introduce" myself here since Mod2 has been the voice so far. I am the other moderator assigned to the Sox forum AKA "Moderator1" . while myself and Mod2 do discuss everything going on with the forum and make decisions as a team, you will probably be hearing mostly from Mod2.

We really want to be fair and have OTFB a great forum for everyone to come to. Ive actually been moderating along with the outsourced company for a while now as a trial. We figured another moderator who has been here for a while was needed as the forum was finishing its upgrades and new look. I think having two unbiased posters who know the others on here will be a better way to run things and I think you will agree as time goes on.

Thank you to everyone for your cooperation in cleaning things up a bit all while keeping OTFB a great place to talk baseball.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Just wanted to "introduce" myself here since Mod2 has been the voice so far. I am the other moderator assigned to the Sox forum AKA "Moderator1" . while myself and Mod2 do discuss everything going on with the forum and make decisions as a team, you will probably be hearing mostly from Mod2.

We really want to be fair and have OTFB a great forum for everyone to come to. Ive actually been moderating along with the outsourced company for a while now as a trial. We figured another moderator who has been here for a while was needed as the forum was finishing its upgrades and new look. I think having two unbiased posters who know the others on here will be a better way to run things and I think you will agree as time goes on.

Thank you to everyone for your cooperation in cleaning things up a bit all while keeping OTFB a great place to talk baseball.  

[/QUOTE]THANK YOU TOO.....    I can't speak for everybody, but DAD & BILL-806 are thrilled to have you both on BOARD......  Now, we have "an even playing field" an we can bet back to BASEBALL & our RED SOX......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]THANK YOU TOO.....    I can't speak for everybody, but DAD & BILL-806 are thrilled to have you both on BOARD......  Now, we have "an even playing field" an we can bet back to BASEBALL & our RED SOX......

[/QUOTE]

Indeed Bill, as Moderator 1 suggested earlier in regards to your political comments, there will be an "even playing field". That includes a cessation on your part (as you promised earlier, but failed to adhere to) not including your omnipresent political commentary that you feel obliged to inject into your baseball posts. I would consider that flaming. Consider yourself warned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe there was an impression that you were both long time Sox posters, when it seems more likely that you are long time posters to the boards here in general. Any long time poster on the Sox forum would know how long we have been trying to keep the political posts off this board. You both seem to embrace it, so one would have to conclude that you're posters yourselves from/on the political forum.

I'll add that at least one poster from the political boards knows Mod2, and has said so. IMO if one person or more knows who you both are, it just seems like the cat is out of the bag and maybe everyone should know who you are instead of some specific group pming each other -- among other political posters.

No offense, but you just have to wonder if the sudden influx of political posters here -- which I pointed out before your announcement  -- wasn't connected in some way. And the tolerance for political discussions breaking out in baseball threads could only come from posters who love a good political discussion.

You may just remove this post. Let's face it, it's not like my posts haven't been removed for lesser reasons recently -- or for no reason that I can figure out at least.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

I think since the MODS have started their first tour of duty that fewer posts have been removed... one of my own, but fewer overall... this is great i

Too many posts were removed before, hopefully I am correct and I can tribute Mod1 and Mod2 for this....

Still feels like the Dating Game (Bachelor number one (Mod number one) what would you do if you....

Without going back and looking, I thought one of the posts from the Mods said BDC asked the outsourced company to give it a rest?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think since the MODS have started their first tour of duty that fewer posts have been removed... one of my own, but fewer overall... this is great if true! 

Without going back and looking, I thought one of the posts from the Mods said BDC asked the outsourced company to give it a rest?

Too many posts were removed before, hopefully I am correct and I can tribute Mod1 and Mod2 for this....

Still feels like the Dating Game (Bachelor number one (Mod number one) what would you do if you....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not their first tour of duty, and my references to deleted posts was not recently. They have said they were here moderating long before their announcement. I even questioned a post being deleted formally because there was no reason for it.

Hey, I realize you don't want to be grouped in with my political post comments, but trust me, no one is linking the two. I think you should have been listened to when you were concerned about the political discussion on the game thread, but I don't post on the game threads and I think the mods should know that. I'm sure you're OK with the mods, no need to panic.

FTR tiptoeing around the mods and not telling them how you really feel accomplishes NOTHING. Maybe you think it gets you a gold star or something, but who really wants to deal with only those who are afraid of saying how they feel?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty tough to buy that, not knowing who you are.

Everyone has some form of bias or another.

But, BDC has managed to screw up every other aspect of this board, why not "anonymous" mods too?

[object HTMLDivElement]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[/QUOTE]

But, BDC has managed to screw up every other aspect of this board, why not "anonymous" mods too?
    [/QUOTE]

+1

There is no way someone that has been in this forum for a good amount of time can be bias. There is just no way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

[/QUOTE]

+1

There is no way someone that has been in this forum for a good amount of time can be bias. There is just no way.

[/QUOTE]

I've read quite a few forums, on different subjects, from cars and bikes, to sports.

The moderators are almost always identified with their screen names.

It doesn't seem to cause an issue.

I'm not trying to infer that they're not doing a decent job, because they are.

Then again, the 3rd-party jokers did set the bar quite low.

The whole anonymous thing just seems kind of gutless to me.

Maybe they figure Bill will ramp up his shameless butt-kissing, if he knew who they were.

[object HTMLDivElement]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]tHERE AGAIN, maybe BILL-806 & DAD are the 2 (two) MODS  ????  I/we  DAD & I think that BDC has done the right thing as the BOARD is getting better by the MINUTE and most posters can concentrate on our RED SOX !!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

I've read quite a few forums, on different subjects, from cars and bikes, to sports.

The moderators are almost always identified with their screen names.

It doesn't seem to cause an issue.

I'm not trying to infer that they're not doing a decent job, because they are.

Maybe they figure Bill will ramp up his shameless butt-kissing, if he knew who they were.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

tHERE AGAIN, maybe BILL-806 & DAD are the 2 (two) MODS ???? I/we DAD & I think that BDC has done the right thing as the BOARD is getting better by the MINUTE and most posters can concentrate on our RED SOX !!!

Not even the powers that be at BDC are that nuts.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE

tHERE AGAIN, maybe BILL-806 & DAD are the 2 (two) MODS  ????  I/we  DAD & I think that BDC has done the right thing as the BOARD is getting better by the MINUTE and most posters can concentrate on our RED SOX !!!

[/QUOTE

Pretty tough to buy that, not knowing who you ar

Everyone has some form of bias or another

[/QUOTE

The moderators are almost always identified with their screen name

It doesn't seem to cause an issue

I'm not trying to infer that they're not doing a decent job, because they are

Maybe they figure Bill will ramp up his shameless butt-kissing, if he knew who they were

[object HTMLDivElement

[/QUOTE]

Amen. Only having posters from the political forum having this information actually seems like an inside joke when you think about how long we've been trying to remove politics from this board.

And the whole Bill thing seems like it's the start of debates with him so they're good with that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

Re: Official Sizemore VS Ellsbury head-to-head thread for 162 games
    posted at 4/30/2014 3:50 PM EDT

Bill-806
    First: 8/6/2008
    Last: 5/5/2014

"DAD, BILL-806 , MOD 1 & MOD 2 respectfully asks that this THREAD comes to an end for the well being of all concerned !!!"

Mods I would not want someone running around speaking on my behalf, especially in falsehoods.... any chance you can send this gross violator of manners to a long hiatus?

[/QUOTE]
    Is Bill saying that he, "Dad",  Mod 1 & Mod 2 are asking that this thread be removed?  Because that's what it says.

If it is the intent of the mods to remove the thread I would ask that they don't do it without input/discussion from the posters.

Speaking entirely for myself, I want this thread to stay as a way for posters to contact the Mods.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Re: Official Sizemore VS Ellsbury head-to-head thread for 162 games
    posted at 4/30/2014 3:50 PM EDT

Bill-806
    First: 8/6/2008
    Last: 5/5/2014

"DAD, BILL-806 , MOD 1 & MOD 2 respectfully asks that this THREAD comes to an end for the well being of all concerned !!!"

Mods I would not want someone running around speaking on my behalf, especially in falsehoods.... any chance you can send this gross violator of manners to a long hiatus?

[/QUOTE]
    Is Bill saying that he, "Dad",  Mod 1 & Mod 2 are asking that this thread be removed?  Because that's what it says.

If it is the intent of the mods to remove the thread I would ask that they don't do it without input/discussion from the posters.

Speaking entirely for myself, I want this thread to stay as a way for posters to contact the Mods.   

[/QUOTE]

It seems he was just copying a post from another thread -- that is, no matter how much power the political posters seem to have here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

[/QUOTE]

It seems he was just copying a post from another thread -- that is, no matter how much power the political posters seem to have here.

[/QUOTE]
    Awww... I hope not.  This entire issue is bad enough without fanning the flames.  

Sections
Shortcuts