1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

In response to Moderator1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good discussion. Speaking only for myself (ie I have not discussed this with Moderator 1), it is not my intention to remain anonymous forever. The reason I prefer to remain so for a while is so that the job I am doing here can be judged by my fellow posters without any positive or negative bias that might be associated with how I post on the forum under my other username. In the end, as I said before, if the consensus here is that we are better off with outsourced mods (someone will be moderating here) thats fine with me. On the other hand, if the consensus is that we are being fair and doing a reasonably good job, I will ask the Globe to double my salary.

As for some other points raised here: Bill, this thread is going nowhere. I read it every day and welcome input. Input from this thread has already changed my views in two ways: first (and this related directly to you Bill): your political inserts into your Red Sox posts are viewed by many other posters as flaming and while they don't bother me personally, they cannot be tolerated here any longer. Second, most posters want politics completely off limits on the game thread, so thats the way its being managed.

The issue of discussing politics here has also been brought up in this discussion. I will post again something I wrote on page one-and mention that this originated not from me, but as a general direction from Teresa Hanafin before she moved on to another position:

This is YOUR forum. If you would like to discuss non-baseball topics in a congenial manner from time to time we believe that is fine. Some non-baseball topics have gathered a lot of interest and have resulted in some very good discussions. Individuals who do not wish to engage in such discussions can certainly find a host of other threads in which to participate.

Finally, JBay is correct: the contract mods have been asked to lay low for a while. Posts that are deleted are being deleted by us. While there are fewer deleted posts, some of the personal stuff is still being removed, and some of the deleted posts you see are because a poster has been banned, though that has happened to only two individuals since we started here.

Keep the comments and criticisms coming!

[/QUOTE]

I have remained anonymous for a while now. It was tough to try and moderate while the outsourced company was still working, as it seemed I was forever correcting everything they were doing. They didnt know the other posters like I did, and made a lot of bad decisions because of that. Now that we are taking the lead here, Myself and Mod2, I have no question that this forum will improve. will it be perfect? no. will everyone be happy all the time? no. But the same rules will apply to everyone, no matter what happens when we are under our other usernames, and We will be fair no matter who the poster is. I know I can, and have been be unbiased, and I know that Mod2 will be as well.

We'll see what happens in the future, but for now, remaining anonymous is the best way to go IMO. That way we can be fairly judged on our performance. Thank you all for your opinions, criticisms, and thoughts. This forum is for all of us, so your input is encouraged.

[/QUOTE]Agree, there is no need/sense of telling us who MOD 1 & MOD 2 are....... As I have been saying, things are getting better by the MINUTE !! DAD & BILL-806 are here to help !!!!   (That will make some posters happy)...............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the identity of the mods should stay secrete.  They are doing a good job so why rock the boat.  It seems to me the mods can post freely as themselves now but if they "come clean" there may be friction on this board.  

Some poster may feel the mods favor some and not others.  If I were a mod I wouldn't want people hounding me. I would want the freedom to post as myself and then have the freedom to moderate.  That's just me.

Any updates on the white space.  Will we ever get spell check back?  I'm lost without it!!!

[/QUOTE]

I emailed Chris again today about this issue. He looked at one thread (http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ben-come-monday-morning-time-for-a-bullpen-upgrade/100/7137830" rel="nofollow">http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ben-come-monday-morning-time-for-a-bullpen-upgrade/100/7137830)
    where he could not see the white space and I emailed him the link to page 12 of this thread where its pretty apparent to me. I will forward any information about the status of the repair job when he provides it.

Are there posters who also are not seeing the white spaces? If so, who are you and what browser are you using? Its conceivable that this is not a problem for everyone. Thats information I think the developers should have. No need to respond if you ARE seeing the sea of white, but if you do not see it with some regularity, let me know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think the identity of the mods should stay secrete.  They are doing a good job so why rock the boat.  It seems to me the mods can post freely as themselves now but if they "come clean" there may be friction on this board.  

Some poster may feel the mods favor some and not others.  If I were a mod I wouldn't want people hounding me. I would want the freedom to post as myself and then have the freedom to moderate.  That's just me.

Any updates on the white space.  Will we ever get spell check back?  I'm lost without it!!!

[/QUOTE]

I emailed Chris again today about this issue. He looked at one thread (http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ben-come-monday-morning-time-for-a-bullpen-upgrade/100/7137830" rel="nofollow">http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ben-come-monday-morning-time-for-a-bullpen-upgrade/100/7137830" rel="nofollow">http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ben-come-monday-morning-time-for-a-bullpen-upgrade/100/7137830)
    where he could not see the white space and I emailed him the link to page 12 of this thread where its pretty apparent to me. I will forward any information about the status of the repair job when he provides it.

Are there posters who also are not seeing the white spaces? If so, who are you and what browser are you using? Its conceivable that this is not a problem for everyone. Thats information I think the developers should have. No need to respond if you ARE seeing the sea of white, but if you do not see it with some regularity, let me know.

[/QUOTE]

Some are deleting parts of posts to get rid of the white space.  J-bay, myself and some others refuse to do this because we want the problem to be fixed.

Some posters are leaning on us to use the delete button but we refuse.  Maybe chris was looking at one of their threads.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've used three different browsers.... the sea of white appears with all of them. But I choose to tidy up the space and still let BDC know there is an issue. The sea of white....is much worse in my opinion than the "this post removed."

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Some are deleting parts of posts to get rid of the white space. J-bay, myself and some others refuse to do this because we want the problem to be fixed.

Some posters are leaning on us to use the delete button but we refuse. Maybe chris was looking at one of their threads.

67, I have started to get rid of the white noise, or copy and paste what I'm responding to, out of respect for the other posters, who are. I held out hope it would be fixed but apparently it won't be, anytime soon. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some are deleting parts of posts to get rid of the white space. J-bay, myself and some others refuse to do this because we want the problem to be fixed.

Some posters are leaning on us to use the delete button but we refuse. Maybe chris was looking at one of their threads.

67, I have started to get rid of the white noise, or copy and paste what I'm responding to, out of respect for the other posters, who are. I held out hope it would be fixed but apparently it won't be, anytime soon. 

[/QUOTE]

The problem is when chris looked at one of the threads he didn't see white space.  If he can't see the problem he won't fix it.  I suggest we don't cut and paste so chris can see what's going on.  That's what I'm going to do.  No dead body, no crime.  No white space no problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem is when chris looked at one of the threads he didn't see white space.  If he can't see the problem he won't fix it.  I suggest we don't cut and paste so chris can see what's going on.  That's what I'm going to do.  No dead body, no crime.  No white space no problem.

[/QUOTE]

See the note above from Mod2. Chris was provided with the link to page 12 of this thread. Its pretty clear that its full of white. As long as that doesn't get fixed by us there will be an example for him to see. Meanwhile, if you are so inclined, as JBay said, out of respect for your fellow posters if you have the time to clean it up until BDC fixes the problem that would help IMO.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BDCMassGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Hey, like everyone I would like to believe there's going to be some order here, and I'm not one for a lot of order or over-moderating every little thing. The political discussions have been a problem here for a while and the thought that the new mods don't think so seemed to me like we just can't get a break from it. And that includes those who respond to it. I truly hope that your presence here changes things. I wasn't happy with having posts removed for IMO nothing, but I'm assuming it's a work in progress.

I still believe that if a group of posters know who you are, than we all should even if we're not on the political forum since it seems to be common knowledge there.

Kimsaysthis:

Please show where in the politics forum you claim the identity of the RS mods is discussed. We in that forum are befuddled over this alleghation from you . The RS forum is not a topic of discussion in politics so please stop your lying,

[/QUOTE]

The political posters are befuddled over this allegation from me? Really? I'm amused I'm even being discussed there since I've NEVER even been there nor will I ever go there. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than arguing politics on an Internet forum. If you believe so strongly in something IMO you should go out a do something about it instead of talking to people on a forum.

As for my comments about the identity of the mods being known to the political posters, this may surprise you, but it comes just from reading THIS thread. Maybe you should try that before commenting. If a political poster says they were told who they were in a PM, one would have to assume that the PM was coming from someone else on the political forum since no one here seems to be aware, and it's highly unlikely the PM came from someone here.

But, hey, thanks for the comment guy who just got here yet seems to already hold a personal grudge against me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I emailed Chris again today about this issue. He looked at one thread (http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ben-come-monday-morning-time-for-a-bullpen-upgrade/100/7137830" rel="nofollow">http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ben-come-monday-morning-time-for-a-bullpen-upgrade/100/7137830" rel="nofollow">http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ben-come-monday-morning-time-for-a-bullpen-upgrade/100/7137830)

Well, you're not going to see huge white space in every thread. The thread you mentioned ("Monday Morning Bullpen Upgrade") is still pretty short and does not have a ton of quoted replies, which is what gives rise to the white space...each time a post is quoted and re-quoted, the space seems to grow with each new reply. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I don't think it's that he can't see the white space like we can...he just was looking at a thread where it hasn't become an issue yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I've deleted white space when it becomes too wide in replies. I believe the white space is there for everyone after numerous replies, but some of us are just deleting it.

Also you can no longer just hit "last" and get the last post. Between having no stars to keep track of where you are in a thread, and now not even being able to go to the last post, it takes forever to get to where you were in a thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i'm pretty sure if you just go in and edit your own post the white space gets added.  it's bizarre.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure if you just go in and edit your own post the white space gets added.  it's bizarre.

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this as well.

[/QUOTE]

[after deleting the white space so there's only one blank line between each line of type]

I agree.  That's happened to me also.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

...and now there are TWO blank lines between each line of text.  After what I've seen I'm now wondering if the number of blank lines doubles after each reply.  One becomes two, two becomes four, four becomes eight, etc.

I'm not trying to be a jerk... just trying to do something to help the dev's identify the problem.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

And if you post

and then edit your post

each time you edit

more and more space shows up between paragraphs.... (This is what happens to what started as a very compact post, after 5 minor edits.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]
    The political posters are befuddled over this allegation from me? Really? I'm amused I'm even being discussed there since I've NEVER even been there nor will I ever go there. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than arguing politics on an Internet forum. If you believe so strongly in something IMO you should go out a do something about it instead of talking to people on a forum.

As for my comments about the identity of the mods being known to the political posters, this may surprise you, but it comes just from reading THIS thread. Maybe you should try that before commenting. If a political poster says they were told who they were in a PM, one would have to assume that the PM was coming from someone else on the political forum since no one here seems to be aware, and it's highly unlikely the PM came from someone here.

But, hey, thanks for the comment guy who just got here yet seems to already hold a personal grudge against me.

[/QUOTE]

You know what they say about assumptions :-)

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

In response to BDCMassGuy's comment:

n response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Hey, like everyone I would like to believe there's going to be some order here, and I'm not one for a lot of order or over-moderating every little thing. The political discussions have been a problem here for a while and the thought that the new mods don't think so seemed to me like we just can't get a break from it. And that includes those who respond to it. I truly hope that your presence here changes things. I wasn't happy with having posts removed for IMO nothing, but I'm assuming it's a work in progress.

I still believe that if a group of posters know who you are, than we all should even if we're not on the political forum since it seems to be common knowledge there.

Kimsaysthis:

Please show where in the politics forum you claim the identity of the RS mods is discussed. We in that forum are befuddled over this alleghation from you . The RS forum is not a topic of discussion in politics so please stop your lying,

he political posters are befuddled over this allegation from me? Really? I'm amused I'm even being discussed there since I've NEVER even been there nor will I ever go there. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than arguing politics on an Internet forum. If you believe so strongly in something IMO you should go out a do something about it instead of talking to people on a forum.

or my comments about the identity of the mods being known to the political posters, this may surprise you, but it comes just from reading THIS thread. Maybe you should try that before commenting. If a political poster says they were told who they were in a PM, one would have to assume that the PM was coming from someone else on the political forum since no one here seems to be aware, and it's highly unlikely the PM came from someone here.

A personal grudge? You reading waaaaaaayyy too much into the comment. Just read thru the 13 pages of comments and found 1 comment by 1 member that was obviously a joke. Did you take it sersiously? You gotta lighten up.

Besides you the one who claimed the mod identities were COMMON KNOWLEDGE in the poly forum. What is the basis for that? 1 comment? a joke by 1 memberr?  Don't take an ivy league edumacation to figure out whats what.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[/QUOTE]

That was my original thought process too, 67 and why I didn't eliminate the white spaces. I saw the mods posts where he/they was working with BDC regarding the issue(s), so until they're fixed, I'll do what I can to help the forum be more user friendly.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Rigatoni, here is my vote:  I vote you are going to be given a long vacation if you start threads like the one about Bill you started today, and which I am going to delete very soon. Last warning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Just a quick update about the formatting issue here. Chris can now see the problem with a link to page 12 of this thread, so he is aware that its real. Lets leave page 12 uncorrected for future reference for the developers. His last words to me were "stay tuned". I requested an estimated repair time and as always I will pass this information along when I get it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

Just a quick update about the formatting issue here. Chris can now see the problem with a link to page 12 of this thread, so he is aware that its real. Lets leave page 12 uncorrected for future reference for the developers. His last words to me were "stay tuned". I requested an estimated repair time and as always I will pass this information along when I get it.

[/QUOTE]

mod 2

white space is the worse

no gold stars is 2nd

any idea if we will be getting back recent features lost

such as the ability to post photo's / custom links