1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Note to the mods. If you're going to use flaming/pot stirring as a reason for banning someone...please hold each member accountable for their actions.

MOD2 you have a DM.

[/QUOTE]

Soxchamps, your profile is set to private, so I could not leave you a PM in response to your question. I have no clue why your account was frozen; it wasn't me, and I assume it wasn't Moderator 1 either since we have an agreement to email each other if we ban a user. Could have been an error, or it could have been the contract mods. In either case, your account has been restored I believe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Note to the mods. If you're going to use flaming/pot stirring as a reason for banning someone...please hold each member accountable for their actions.

MOD2 you have a DM.

[/QUOTE]

Soxchamps, your profile is set to private, so I could not leave you a PM in response to your question. I have no clue why your account was frozen; it wasn't me, and I assume it wasn't Moderator 1 either since we have an agreement to email each other if we ban a user. Could have been an error, or it could have been the contract mods. In either case, your account has been restored I believe.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who doesn't Mod1 ever post here? 

[/QUOTE]

He does, occasionally, under his other username. For the most part I will let him answer that question in as much detail as he chooses; suffice it to say that he has good reasons for not being involved as much as he will be in the near future. I hope everyone here will cut him a little slack in the interim.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who doesn't Mod1 ever post here? 

[/QUOTE]

He does, occasionally, under his other username. For the most part I will let him answer that question in as much detail as he chooses; suffice it to say that he has good reasons for not being involved as much as he will be in the near future. I hope everyone here will cut him a little slack in the interim.

Of course!

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats right forgot u r Maine. Wish I was at York Beach right now, 91 in Chapel Hill, going to about 97, and not a beach in sight.

[/QUOTE]

Oooooo......yeah....not fun!  I always found it a bit funny that Maine has insanely nice beaches....that can only be REALLY enjoyed for 2 months out of the year. Chapel Hill huh??  I'm in Charlotte next week.....maybe I'll hit 85' over your way to check that town out!   

As for the hiking up and down fairways part, it's the only thing that keeps my waistline in check from the eating and drinking!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"HeineWagner has been banned because he is Babe aka FriendsofFrazee, among other usernames."

Thanks mods - we don't need Babe in here, he's only here to disrupt. 

I think you all are doing a really great job by the way. (Mod 1 and Mod 2). 

In fact I think there shouldn't be any contract moderators involved with this forum, or at least they should only support you. Will go even better if they aren't coming in and making decisions from other angles. Hopefully you are at least talking to them. 

Finally I would suggest removing posts only as a last resort, removing posts wreaks havoc on threads and hopefully is only done when completely necessary. 

Thanks and again, great job

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DAD WAS JUST SAYING THE OTHER DAY ...........  "SON, it is a shame that the BDC are holding you out from helping our BELOVED RED SOX with the 2014 season"  !!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Mod 3 has been banned because he is Babe aka FriendsofFrazee and owner of other usernames. He had four posts and every one of them had something negative to say about the Red Sox or one of its players. Thats a dead giveaway. Sorry for the inconvenience of more "this post has been removed" posts, but he will not be allowed back to the Front Burner as long as I am a mod here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to LoveSox13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why aren't my posts being put in the forum ????

Hello fellow posters!

We are the two moderators who were chosen by BDC to try to make this forum a better place for everyone. For now, we would prefer to remain anonymous. Our goal is to promote the exchange of ideas in a congenial way within the forum rules that you will find at the bottom of each forum page. We decided to initiate this sticky thread not only to introduce ourselves (we are both long term posters here who have been posting along side you for years) but also to serve as a place where you can file any concerns about the job we are doing, both good and bad, and for us to be able to provide you all with the reasons a post or a poster has been removed from circulation should the situation arise. Teresa has asked the contracted off site moderators to scale back their services, so most of the moderating here will be done by us. We hope this works out well for everyone.

Now, as for specifics:

General Guidelines

These are found at the bottom of every forum page. Its basic common sense, really. No personal attacks, no bigotry etc. We would also add "no flaming" (ie, no posting with the sole purpose of stirring the pot). If you are unsure of the current posting rules, please reread them. We will not be making up the rules as we go along, but there may be times when common sense has to be used as well.

Deleting Individual Posts

Posts will be deleted based on the forum guidelines as noted above. If appropriate, the reason a post was deleted will be stated on this thread. We cannot read every single post, so if you believe a post is outside of the forum posting guidelines please help us by pointing it out.

Banning Posters

In most cases before a poster is banned there will be a warning from one of us, both here on this thread (so please check it periodically) as well as on the thread you posted upon that made us consider removing you. The amount of time you will be banned will be based upon the nature of the what you wrote as well as how many times you have already been banned.

Non-baseball Dialogue

This is YOUR forum. If you would like to discuss non-baseball topics in a congenial manner from time to time we believe that is fine. Some non-baseball topics have gathered a lot of interest and have resulted in some very good discussions. Individuals who do not wish to engage in such discussions can certainly find a host of other threads in which to participate.

In the interests of keeping this brief we will stop here. Your feedback is welcome.

Mod2

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently your account was suspended. I didn't have anything to do with it, and since Moderator 1 emails me when he bans someone and didn't tell me he banned you, I doubt he did it either. In any event, your posts should be visible now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

LOL

I had been wondering what happened to Bill, but I was too busy to find out.

Went back & scrolled.  So..............,,,

"Larry, Larry L.......  Who knew what & when"  got him banned?????

LOL.  I MEAN REALLY.....    LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy bat ________. Batman!   Are we the biggest bunch of candyarssed wimps I've ever seen!   LOL

Sorry!  But that's just truly thin skinned & pathetic!   Mind you, I could care less, as there is no love loss for Billy here, this is funny because of what pantywaists we have become.

p.s.   having said that, it most certainly is a much nicer place with the mods patrolling!!!!!   I just find it pretty funny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

MattClement has been banned because he is Babe. He posted three anti Red Sox pro Yankee posts. In the future I will not be announcing banning this individual here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

MattClement has been banned because he is Babe.

I have NP with that considering his recent history

He posted three anti Red Sox pro Yankee posts.

I got major problems with that if what he said was true

or at least debatable

there R plenty of people  posting anti sox stuff

and all things considered rightfully so

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or at least debatable

[/QUOTE]

C'mon Zac, this isn't your first rodeo.  You know what's going on here.  The Mods are doing a great job.  This place is a lot more readable with a lot less garbage since they took over.  They've given every poster who's been banned ample warnings and opportunities to clean up their act(s).

IIRC no poster has been banned for a single act.  It's always been cumulative, and that was the case with Babe - and just changing his name doesn't give him a fresh start.  "A rose by any other name....", as they say.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or at least debatable

[/QUOTE]

Zac, obviously it wasn't just the negative Sox posts that earned Babe a permanent ban. There is already plenty of that here. When a Sox fan (or a Yankee fan presenting his point of view) is posting that the team is deficient its a much different thing than what Babe does, which is to come in here with the purpose of flaming. You post negative statements about the Red Sox and do it in a way that simply presents your opinion, and sometimes you make statements that seem to be more positive about the Sox. Do you remember a single post from Babe that did that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to LoveSox13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Welcome back.  you have been missed.

other names i have posted under:  none

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or at least debatable

[/QUOTE]

C'mon Zac, this isn't your first rodeo.  You know what's going on here.  The Mods are doing a great job.  This place is a lot more readable with a lot less garbage since they took over.  They've given every poster who's been banned ample warnings and opportunities to clean up their act(s).

IIRC no poster has been banned for a single act.  It's always been cumulative, and that was the case with Babe - and just changing his name doesn't give him a fresh start.  "A rose by any other name....", as they say.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

what he posted is irrelevant.  he was banned.  banned is banned.  whether he came back in under another name and posted 100% accurate facts or whether he posted nonsense does not matter.

other names i have posted under:  none

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or at least debatable

[/QUOTE]

Zac, obviously it wasn't just the negative Sox posts that earned Babe a permanent ban. There is already plenty of that here. When a Sox fan (or a Yankee fan presenting his point of view) is posting that the team is deficient its a much different thing than what Babe does, which is to come in here with the purpose of flaming. You post negative statements about the Red Sox and do it in a way that simply presents your opinion, and sometimes you make statements that seem to be more positive about the Sox. Do you remember a single post from Babe that did that?

[/QUOTE]

thanks 4 the response mr mod 2

I was only expressing my concerns that started last week

with your anti flaming mantra

one persons flaming can be nothing more than another's honest opinion

I think more than a few enjoy the sox /yankee back & forth

but I'm concerned/bothered by it being called flaming

when the pendulum isn't on your side

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or at least debatable

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Good post........  BILL-806, still in the land of banned !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or at least debatable

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the give and take between Yankee fans and Sox fans makes for some interesting and lively discussions too PSZ. Every other Yankee fan here, as far as I can see, enjoys that in well mannered format and the Yankee fans who visit here discuss the issues without inciting, for the most part. That's the difference between Babe and other Yankee fans: he is here just to put down the Red Sox. While the accusation of flaming is admittedly subjective (and I do not think its been overused here), its pretty clear that Babe is engaging in just that. And one more thing: at the end of the day this is a Red Sox forum. You may not like to see it that way, but that's how it was created.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

MOD 2

Was there a particular reason my OP was removed from this thread?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/david-says-hes-sorry-/100/7200811

Was it reported or just removed?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MOD 2

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/david-says-hes-sorry-/100/7200811

[/QUOTE]

Did you credit the source of the article, champs? The outsourced company has a history of deleting posts, if they're not

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

[QUOTE]

MOD 2

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why it was blocked. It seems innocent enough. Unfortunately, the contract mods are apparently still in play, so they may have blocked it. Its unblocked now.

I have been trying to find out exactly what role the contract mods are playing here because, like your OP, other posts have been mysteriously been blocked. So far I have not heard from the management about their role. If these kinds of things come up please let me know and I will undo what they have done if it is appropriate. I have no problem doing that at all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

MOD 2

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why it was blocked. It seems innocent enough. Unfortunately, the contract mods are apparently still in play, so they may have blocked it. Its unblocked now.

I have been trying to find out exactly what role the contract mods are playing here because, like your OP, other posts have been mysteriously been blocked. So far I have not heard from the management about their role. If these kinds of things come up please let me know and I will undo what they have done if it is appropriate. I have no problem doing that at all.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Sections
Shortcuts