1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

Seriously, do you guys have any idea what's going on, or what you're doing, for that matter?

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Good morning,

I just got an email from Adrienne. Apparently there is a bug in the system that is blocking random posts. The contract mods have been told only to block posts that contain libel or hate speech. She is working to correct the problem right now. If there is more information available I will relay it to you all.

Kimmi: one post that got blocked was from Modd1 who is now back after some technical issues. If you would like to address him here, now is a good time.

FourB's: I am not going to allow your disrespectful snarky comments here any more. I am not going to ban you (unless your behavior gets even worse), but telling me I "talk too much" in my efforts to relay information to other posters here is not what I would consider a reasonable way to communicate. If you would like to discuss issues in a sensible polite manner I would be more than willing to do so. Otherwise, I will block your posts. I discussed this with Modd1 and he is in full agreement with me.

Enjoy your week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously, do you guys have any idea what's going on, or what you're doing, for that matter?

[/QUOTE]

That's a little better. My (and Modds1) job is to moderate here. We do not handle the technical issues. We are happy to serve as a conduit for information to those who are responsible for the technical side of this forum. As Adrienne noted earlier, they are twenty developers short staffed; hence the delay in getting things fixed. It has less to do with "knowing what they are doing" and more to do with workload I think.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So much for using forum guidelines to determine what posts to delete.

I didn't see "snarky" listed there.

[/QUOTE]

I think they are making it up as the go along. 

[/QUOTE]

2013 Soxchamps, the interpretation of the posting policy is never going to be 100% black and white. Part of the posting policy is entitled "Be respectful". I do not consider telling anyone that they "talk too much" as meeting that criteria. Here is the relevant section:

Use respectful language. Our community will flourish only when our Members feel welcome and safe.

The only person who will find the interpretation of the posting policy completely satisfactory is the person doing the interpreting. While FourBs is, overall, a decent poster here, he is at times less than courteous towards certain targets. This will no longer be tolerated; it probably should never have been tolerated.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kimmi: one post that got blocked was from Modd1 who is now back after some technical issues. If you would like to address him here, now is a good time.

[/QUOTE]

I am not going to rehash everything that I've already posted, but to summarize, I think that bias, inconsistency, and unfairness by the mods (mainly Mod2 because we never hear from Mod1) is a very real and legitimate concern noted by several posters, and the concern, IMO, has been more or less blown off.

Mod1, I would like to hear your response to my concern with something more substantial than "everyone is biased" or "we can't please everyone".

This concern aside, I think that Mod1 should be accessible here and should be responding/commenting to concerns along with Mod2.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So much for using forum guidelines to determine what posts to delete.

I didn't see "snarky" listed there.

[/QUOTE]

I think they are making it up as the go along. 

[/QUOTE]

2013 Soxchamps, the interpretation of the posting policy is never going to be 100% black and white. Part of the posting policy is entitled "Be respectful". I do not consider telling anyone that they "talk too much" as meeting that criteria. Here is the relevant section:

Use respectful language. Our community will flourish only when our Members feel welcome and safe.

The only person who will find the interpretation of the posting policy completely satisfactory is the person doing the interpreting. While FourBs is, overall, a decent poster here, he is at times less than courteous towards certain targets. This will no longer be tolerated; it probably should never have been tolerated.

[/QUOTE]

Why was my post removed?

The title of the thread is post your moderator related comments here. 

My post was a moderator related comment.

Once again, I think you are picking and choosing who is being polite and who isn't.

I could go through each individual thread below and find someone being "impolite."

It would be interesting to see which ones get removed and which ones remain.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

Use respectful language.

[/QUOTE]

More inconsistency.  People use disrespectful language and attack other posters all the time.  Is calling someone an idiot respectful?   Yet, those posts remain and not a word is said to the poster.   Not that I have any problem with the particular post I am thinking about - I happen to agree with the poster.  LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

I could go through each individual thread below and find someone being "impolite."

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Soxchamps, your post was removed because it contained a quote from a post the was blocked. It does no good to block a post then have it quoted in a subsequent post. I appreciate your opinion that I am "making it up as I go along", but that is not the case at all. I quoted the part of the posting policy that I felt was relevant. You do not agree with the interpretation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Use respectful language.

[/QUOTE]

More inconsistency.  People use disrespectful language and attack other posters all the time.  Is calling someone an idiot respectful?   Yet, those posts remain and not a word is said to the poster.   Not that I have any problem with the particular post I am thinking about - I happen to agree with the poster.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

We cannot read every post. If you find a post that you think is inappropriate because it violates the posting policy please let us know on this thread or by PM. It will be handled. Specifically, if there is a post where one poster is calling another "an idiot" I would like to know where that post is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modd1. Show Modd1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[/QUOTE]

Kimmi,

what specific question would you like to ask me? Ive been unavailable for a little while so please forgive my absence.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

IMO, this isn't any better than the old way. Posts are still being removed that contain innocent comments. There's no rhyme or reason.

Be that as it may....I'll be watching for those impolite comments.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Modd1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kimmi,

what specific question would you like to ask me? Ive been unavailable for a little while so please forgive my absence.

[/QUOTE]

I posted it above.  Read my first post on this page.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

We cannot read every post. If you find a post that you think is inappropriate because it violates the posting policy please let us know on this thread or by PM. It will be handled. Specifically, if there is a post where one poster is calling another "an idiot" I would like to know where that post is.

[/QUOTE]

I won't be reporting any specific posts because I am not trying to get any posts deleted, nor am I trying to get any posters banned.   The point is, you are selectively deleting and banning, based on your biases.  You don't have to read every post to see this.  I don't read every post.   As SoxChamps mentioned, you can find such posts in any thread. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I won't be reporting any specific posts because I am not trying to get any posts deleted, nor am I trying to get any posters banned.   The point is, you are selectively deleting and banning, based on your biases.  You don't have to read every post to see this.  I don't read every post.   As SoxChamps mentioned, you can find such posts in any thread. 

[/QUOTE]

An example thread would be....

Bill's thread on the History of Baseball

How many impolite comments were directed to Bill.....not a single one removed.

Sections
Shortcuts