1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could go through each individual thread below and find someone being "impolite."

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

Soxchamps, your post was removed because it contained a quote from a post the was blocked. It does no good to block a post then have it quoted in a subsequent post. I appreciate your opinion that I am "making it up as I go along", but that is not the case at all. I quoted the part of the posting policy that I felt was relevant. You do not agree with the interpretation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mod2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Use respectful language.

[/QUOTE]

More inconsistency.  People use disrespectful language and attack other posters all the time.  Is calling someone an idiot respectful?   Yet, those posts remain and not a word is said to the poster.   Not that I have any problem with the particular post I am thinking about - I happen to agree with the poster.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

We cannot read every post. If you find a post that you think is inappropriate because it violates the posting policy please let us know on this thread or by PM. It will be handled. Specifically, if there is a post where one poster is calling another "an idiot" I would like to know where that post is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modd1. Show Modd1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I could go through each individual thread below and find someone being "impolite."

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[/QUOTE]

Kimmi,

what specific question would you like to ask me? Ive been unavailable for a little while so please forgive my absence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

IMO, this isn't any better than the old way. Posts are still being removed that contain innocent comments. There's no rhyme or reason.

Be that as it may....I'll be watching for those impolite comments.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Modd1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kimmi,

what specific question would you like to ask me? Ive been unavailable for a little while so please forgive my absence.

[/QUOTE]

I posted it above.  Read my first post on this page.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

We cannot read every post. If you find a post that you think is inappropriate because it violates the posting policy please let us know on this thread or by PM. It will be handled. Specifically, if there is a post where one poster is calling another "an idiot" I would like to know where that post is.

[/QUOTE]

I won't be reporting any specific posts because I am not trying to get any posts deleted, nor am I trying to get any posters banned.   The point is, you are selectively deleting and banning, based on your biases.  You don't have to read every post to see this.  I don't read every post.   As SoxChamps mentioned, you can find such posts in any thread. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I won't be reporting any specific posts because I am not trying to get any posts deleted, nor am I trying to get any posters banned.   The point is, you are selectively deleting and banning, based on your biases.  You don't have to read every post to see this.  I don't read every post.   As SoxChamps mentioned, you can find such posts in any thread. 

[/QUOTE]

An example thread would be....

Bill's thread on the History of Baseball

How many impolite comments were directed to Bill.....not a single one removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would respectfully point out that if you were doing the moderating then you would also be "selectively deleting and banning, based on your biases". Since none of us are robots there will be some subjectivity involved.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Interesting ..........  MOD 2,  don't get me wrong as I think that you have been very fair to BILL-806 and my poor choice with HUMOR today when I rolled out the name this morning of Joe Biden.....  That said, there is not a day that goes by that B-806 is not attacked by 3 or 4 "smart arrrs's on this board with nothing evaa happening to them.......  Thats OK, as I am a "big boy" that grew up in a time when "sticks & stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me" !!   Just thought that I would point that out.....  Thank You,   Bill-806  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Thank You......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank You......

[/QUOTE]

No biggy.... I just call it as I see it.

Guess calling you  Mr Magoo isn't impolite, but the moderator takes issue with calling someone an idiot. I don't get it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe I've kept his delete finger too busy this afternoon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I would respectfully point out that if you were doing the moderating then you would also be "selectively deleting and banning, based on your biases". Since none of us are robots there will be some subjectivity involved.

This would be an excellent argument in favor of my ideal of "laissez-faire" moderating, with very little deleting/banning except in extreme circumstances and more responsibility on posters to police themselves and ignore or otherwise coexist with people who may bother them. I recognize that is not going to happen here, however.

I realize that the mods are trying to do their best here within the guidelines that BDC (which unfortunately runs this forum at the end of the day) has provided them...but when posts start getting deleted for not being courteous enough, I think things are getting out of hand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cop out response, IMO.   I have never denied that I am biased as well.  But I know this.  I would not have deleted a post that was a perfectly valid baseball argument because of the poster's history.

To me, you don't even sound like you're trying to be more fair.  To me, all I'm hearing is a bunch of excuses.  You have unfairly targeted some posters.  That is wrong, and yet, all I hear is "oh well".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

IMO....

Time for a switch-up. I say put in RedSoxkimmi in place of MOD1.

Then at least things will balance out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

IMO....

[/QUOTE]

Works for me!

I know she wouldn't feel the need to hide behind some silly "Mod 013" avatar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

IMO....

[/QUOTE]

LOL, thanks, but no thanks.

I've said my peace on the matter (for now, at least).

The mods can either take it to heart or they can continue to blow it off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Works for me!

I know she wouldn't feel the need to hide behind some silly "Mod 013" avatar.

[/QUOTE]

Well, the entire nomination/selection of the mods process doesn't sit well with me.

But, that's an argument for a different day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This would be an excellent argument in favor of my ideal of "laissez-faire" moderating, with very little deleting/banning except in extreme circumstances and more responsibility on posters to police themselves and ignore or otherwise coexist with people who may bother them. I recognize that is not going to happen here, however.

I realize that the mods are trying to do their best here within the guidelines that BDC (which unfortunately runs this forum at the end of the day) has provided them...but when posts start getting deleted for not being courteous enough, I think things are getting out of hand.

[/QUOTE]

I think the forum would not be a better place if being respectful were not a part of the posting policy. However, I am getting the sense that most people here would rather be more tolerant of a level of disrespect than over-moderate the forum. As I said, constructive criticisms such as yours and the posts from others that preceded your post on this topic are welcome. For my part I will abide by what seems to be the prevailing desire to have a bit less moderating here. I know some will not be happy in any event with how this is interpreted, but I have realistic goals here: if I can please most of the people most of the time I have done my job. If not, then I should not be doing this and someone else should be chosen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

wait...what???

why are people upset now?

confused....(sigh...i think i am getting.....old)

other names i have posted under:  none

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modd1. Show Modd1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kimmi: one post that got blocked was from Modd1 who is now back after some technical issues. If you would like to address him here, now is a good time.

[/QUOTE]

I am not going to rehash everything that I've already posted, but to summarize, I think that bias, inconsistency, and unfairness by the mods (mainly Mod2 because we never hear from Mod1) is a very real and legitimate concern noted by several posters, and the concern, IMO, has been more or less blown off.

Mod1, I would like to hear your response to my concern with something more substantial than "everyone is biased" or "we can't please everyone".

This concern aside, I think that Mod1 should be accessible here and should be responding/commenting to concerns along with Mod2.

[/QUOTE]

Im not sure what specific post or situation you are referring to, but I Think that what Im seeing here is that some are saying the Moderation is being too picky about certain posts and it appears bias. I can agree to making a change based on a good amount of posters requests, and like Mod2 said, we will make a point to be more lenient.

I think that would take care of what some feel is being bias. There are certain posters that have a no tolerance policy because of their past. Those posters are pretty easy to pick out. If they come back and dont say anything wrong, then I have never had an issue with them and they can stay.

Say If Bill made a post and doesnt say anything wrong but still gets attacked, I think that poster should get a warning, then banned. depending on history will depend on the length of banning. Obviously BDC doesnt have the capability to permanently ban anyone, but myself, Mod2 and the outsourced moderators are trying to stay on top of that.

I hope that answered your question without really having a lot of details.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modd1. Show Modd1's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is your problem .... "attacked" ..... calling Bill names and mocking him is not ATTACKING him.... there you went too far and that is censorship by removing remarks that are in no way an "attack"

Attack is like a physical assault or when an army division attacks another army unit.... how do you turn "Bill you are an idiot" into an attack? 

[/QUOTE]

its a verbal attack. there are different ways to attack someone.

I agree though. I think more leeway should be allowed, and myself along with Mod2 will discuss it. I have no issue with a little friendly banter and a good back and forth. I understand it can, and will, get heated sometimes. Point being that it doesnt have to get nasty with all the harsh name calling and such.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"However, I am getting the sense that most people here would rather be more tolerant of a level of disrespect than over-moderate the forum."  Mod2

EXACTLY !!!!

Mod2 you are correct. People forget it is a sports forum... most of us grew up playing baseball and being able to tell their friends they suck, or with the fan next to you at a game yelling at the ump they need a new career..... it is baseball.... razzing and name calling go hand in hand... heckling allowed..... not everyone has to like it, not all have to do it to fit in.... it is part of the atmosphere.... and you can always tell those people to shut up.... sit down.... but deleting posts ??? Have we come that far? Have we gone too far?

[/QUOTE]MR. RIGATORIS,  mARK THIS DATE, WE LOOK TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE HERE !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts