1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

In response to S5's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know Bill....I kinda feel as if you need to:

"Be nice. No threats, abuse, or spam.

Be respectful. No hate speech.

Debate, but don't attack. Stay away from personal attacks."

Now I kind of feel bad about myself......

You should, because the MODS are going thru this DRILL because of a few people on this board.....  Time to get back to being the best board  G M  evaa  !!!

[/QUOTE]

No.  A person's saying that does not make it true.  The Mods are going through this drill because of ONE POSTER

Things were calm when that ONE POSTER wasn't here and now that he's back all Hell has broken loose (again).  And that ONE POSTER insists in deflecting the blame onto everyone else.

Cause and effect.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Bill-806 also posts in Politics:General.

posts also keep disappearing there.

No idea if it's him; but there's at least one poster in each forum trying to drive everyone else away. Or just be a pest.

So unbelievably childish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Mod2

You have a PM

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mod2

You have a PM

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

Absolute intolerance on your part... all I said was "get a life" and the post is removed..... you are one pathetic poster 67.

[/QUOTE]

When you're right, you're right. Btw, you have an MP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Someone has a pms

other names i have posted under:  none

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

burrito....your avatar + my avatar is a perfect Saturday night......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Left out the libation. Where's the beer?  Or wine, or Stoly, Bacardi , Jack or CC ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I have to register an objection to Commy Contrarian for his continued references to JBJ as 'J-Lovelace' and now 'J-Swallow'.  That's crossing the line big-time IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to register an objection to Commy Contrarian for his continued references to JBJ as 'J-Lovelace' and now 'J-Swallow'.  That's crossing the line big-time IMO.

[/QUOTE]

I'll second the objection, hfx, speaking of issues. He also has multiple screen names

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I edited his quote and my response in that thread to remove the reference. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I object to the mere existence of Commie Contrarian.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

call bill a nerd and get punished...... start 3 or 4 threads  a day blathering in broken martian and live to post another day..... commie is an unnecessary poster

[/QUOTE]

That's a bingo!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

call bill a nerd and get punished...... start 3 or 4 threads  a day blathering in broken martian and live to post another day..... commie is an unnecessary poster

[/QUOTE]

That's a bingo!

[/QUOTE]Can you be a bit more ORIGINAL  ???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a bingo!

[/QUOTE]

Bill you have 5% support..... at best.... your obtuse behavior act is stale

[/QUOTE] 5 % ?   You say  5% ?????   It is obvious that your MATH is dysfunctional !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a bingo!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] 5 % ?   You say  5% ?????   It is obvious that your MATH is dysfunctional !!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill........  You're a nerd....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a bingo!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill........  You're a nerd....

[/QUOTE]As DAD would say.......   "SON, don't pay any attention to KINGFISHER as he never has played sports"  !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Reposted from a few days ago for the benefit of those who may have missed it:

Here's a suggestion for those who find Bill's posts to be annoying, obnoxious, whatever word you choose.

Looking at the body of Bill's work as a whole it's easy to see that his desire to discuss the Red Sox is secondary to his desire to draw attention to himself. Bill doesn't care what people say to or about him as long as he's the center of attention. Hence the bold font, etc. When we respond to him we give him positive reinforcement, telling that his attention-garnering ways are working. Bill is happy. Bill keeps on doing it.

The best solution is to do what I was told to do a week ago. Ignore him. Don't respond to his posts and certainly don't post in any threads he starts. If, after two weeks, you don't receive the desired results, return the unused portion for a full refund.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reposted from a few days ago for the benefit of those who may have missed it:

Here's a suggestion for those who find Bill's posts to be annoying, obnoxious, whatever word you choose.

Looking at the body of Bill's work as a whole it's easy to see that his desire to discuss the Red Sox is secondary to his desire to draw attention to himself. Bill doesn't care what people say to or about him as long as he's the center of attention. Hence the bold font, etc. When we respond to him we give him positive reinforcement, telling that his attention-garnering ways are working. Bill is happy. Bill keeps on doing it.

The best solution is to do what I was told to do a week ago. Ignore him. Don't respond to his posts and certainly don't post in any threads he starts. If, after two weeks, you don't receive the desired results, return the unused portion for a full refund.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

[/QUOTE]

i support this 100%.  it's funny watching him answer himself in his own threads because we are not jumping in.  sit back and watch the envelope get pushed and shoved as he tries to coerce responses.  it will be fun to watch.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I concur with not indulging Bill's thrice-daily, minimal-content "Look at me!" threads.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I concur with not indulging Bill's thrice-daily, minimal-content "Look at me!" threads.

[/QUOTE]Why, because you don't want to see the truth ???   You are missing some good baseball !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mod2. Show Mod2's posts

[QUOTE]

mod2 lasted about 2 months before he jumped off the top of BDC Tower. 

[/QUOTE]

Good thing its only about three feet high, eh?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Why, because you don't want to see the truth ???   You are missing some good baseball !!

[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that.

[/QUOTE]

You don't think wingnut's latest Ortiz thread was insightful? lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look, a lot of Bill's threads and comments are vacuous and repetitive and tedious (occasionally he has a good one liner or a baseball insight). But everyone piling on him is not helping. Some people are posting comments that are just calling Bill names, and add nothing else--I'm looking at you Bogey. 

It really should stop. If you don't want to read his threads don't click on them. But really, what you want is a convenient punching bag to make yourselves feel smarter. Everyone knew that Ortiz thread was pointless, but you all clicked on it so you could post something about how stupid you think Bill is. That's the bigger problem right there. It bumps the thread and encourages plugging up the forum with inanities and name calling. Just back off.

Like I said a few months ago, lots of people on this forum ganged up to get softlaw banned, and then moved on to the next target, Bill. It's like a bunch of schoolyard bullies looking for the weakest kid on the lot. 

[/QUOTE]

Philosophically speaking...

With all due respect (and I mean that), IMO this is a very interesting perspective you have on this topic.  You seem to be painting Bill as a victim, someone who's being picked on by a bunch of on-line bullies.  If you see him that way that's fine with me, but I disagree with your point of view.

I see Bill as an instigator.  Someone who knowingly disrupts the forum for his own purposes, and as such he's fair game.  This is a big sandbox we play in and as such we ALL need to be considerate of everyone else.  And that includes Bill.

He's been asked repeatedly to not post repetitive threads and not post his politics and he ignores those requests.  I ask you and everyone else here whether in a spirit of cooperation, is it too much to expect Bill to be considerate of everyone else here?  It's not like he's offending one person.  I can't count on my fingers the number of people he's (now intentionally) offended, so as long as he's intentionally offending people why isn't he fair game to those he's offending?

I agree completely that the comments responding to his posts are disrupting the forum, but why would you put the onus on those of us he's offending to make the necessary changes rather than suggest that the problem be nipped in the bud by requiring Bill to stop initiating the problems?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts