1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we really do not know who is who - including their sex. Bill-806 is probably a 29 year old trailer chick from Ft. Smith Arkansas.

[/QUOTE]

Mmm...Bill sounds hot.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, good one!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Crushing news about the mods as I know Southpaw doesn't like me and is a friend of Zac's. Pumpsie seems to like the posters that I don't and is a friend of Zac. Maybe he doesn't like me either. And the only thing I remember about BosoxJoe is his constant negative threads here, so we're really not on the same page as far as posting is concerned.

[/QUOTE]

I think you might be thinking of someone else with a similar name...not BoSoxJoe.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

MAYDAY,MAYDAY,MAYDAY..........  CAN'T PULL UP THE "FRONT BURNER"......  ALSO, STILL CAN NOT OPEN THE "POLITICS" BOARD ..... WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON ???????   WHAT SAY YOU ??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You are correct Bill.  For me this started last evening , and I can only get the first page with th first few front burner topics and the powers that be seem disinclined to fix much. Another reason to forget this forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You are correct Bill.  For me this started last evening , and I can only get the first page with th first few front burner topics and the powers that be seem disinclined to fix much. Another reason to forget this forum.

[/QUOTE]Thank You........   But where would I go ???  Not many people understand/like  BILL-806.....  I am toooo far in the TWILIGHT to start over !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey all...BosoxJoe has been blocking posts that attack a targeted poster. We are not going to do that any more on this forum. So far Bogey, Kingface, and TheFourB's each have one warning. Two more and you will get a vacation. If you disagree with Bill's content then disagree with it; or ignore it. However, personal attacks on Bill or anyone else who is targeted here are not going to be tolerated.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

This attacking of targeted posters has been going on since you became a mod and until now, they have received no warnings (while others have been banned). It's interesting that there is suddenly a change in protocol.  Why the sudden change of heart?

@KST - Thank you.

@FourBs - Of course I'm not crazy.  I am probably the most sane poster on this board.  ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MAYDAY,MAYDAY,MAYDAY..........  CAN'T PULL UP THE "FRONT BURNER"......  ALSO, STILL CAN NOT OPEN THE "POLITICS" BOARD ..... WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON ???????   WHAT SAY YOU ??

[/QUOTE]

If you cannot pull up On The Front Burner how can you post on this thread? I am not having the same problem. Let me know if it is persisting for you (or anyone else) and I will report it via email to the management.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I deleted Bill's thread entitled "Whats going on with this board" (or something like that) because concerns technical issues here belong on the Issues for BDC thread (or on the mod thread). Please: no comments about the author of that thread here. If anyone is still having a technical problem with the forum let me know and I will try to get to the bottom of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

I can see 5 threads (I assume the ones with the most recent posts; the last one is the one on Ortiz's speed as of this writing). No access to an expanded list; clicking on the "See More Red Sox Discussions" link sends you to last years Games Threads forum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Crushing news about the mods as I know Southpaw doesn't like me and is a friend of Zac's. Pumpsie seems to like the posters that I don't and is a friend of Zac. Maybe he doesn't like me either. And the only thing I remember about BosoxJoe is his constant negative threads here, so we're really not on the same page as far as posting is concerned.

[/QUOTE]

Kim your post is unfair. Nowhere in the TOS does it say you have to be a a Red Sox fan to post here. If you are going to create a litmus test and go after other poster, it will end up in post being deleted and you being banned. You will join Pike. Zac is mostly harmless and has not been banned 35 times. The changing of the number I will leave to him to explain but it is not directly tied to him being banned. This isn't a warning this is me trying to get on the same page as you. If you attack a non-mod openly that will be a warning.

Also, I am negative really? Have you read my post?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Any article Drudge points becomes the Battle of Fallujah.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can see 5 threads (I assume the ones with the most recent posts; the last one is the one on Ortiz's speed as of this writing). No access to an expanded list; clicking on the "See More Red Sox Discussions" link sends you to last years Games Threads forum.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I am not having this kind of issue. However, I copied your note and pasted it into an email to Adrienne and Michelle. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any article Drudge points becomes the Battle of Fallujah.

[/QUOTE]

opinion. Rules either must be adhered to strictly or admit the rules are open to interoperation; so far they are enforced based on interoperation,   

[/QUOTE]

Bottom line Rigatoni: posters should not be targeted for consistent daily insults here. As the posting policy states, "Use respectful language. Our community will flourish only when our Members feel welcome and safe". Despite the kind of baseball content some posters here write about I doubt they feel "welcome" in the face of a personal  insult or insults after every post. Yes, its a matter of interpretation, and for better or worse, the interpretation is up to the moderators here. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

harness and I never would have had our war under these rules.... and many many posters loved it.... review your own posting history and you will see how important "freedom" is......  

it has been my battle here for two years, I guess I lost - freedom.... freedom to be a fool, and freedom to call someone a fool

[/QUOTE]

As I wrote earlier, this is not about the occasional personal insult. We are not going to overmoderate. However, I think if you look at what has been directed at certain posters, Bill and 67 in particular, its overboard. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

I want to know what happened to this BOARD/FORUM this morning & who & when did they know about it......????????????????

[/QUOTE]

First warning Bill. You are not allowed to provoke other posters here with your political nonsense. I strongly suggest that you reread every post before you hit the "add your post " button. If other posters are not going to be allowed to provoke you with personal insults then you are not going to be allowed to provoke them with political inserts like this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

ATTENTION  This board problem is only happening on the Sox board, for some reason, not the Pats Celts or Bruins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bill--This was sent by Flapjack--reenter using the Forum link below.

MadMc44

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/100/1250

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I want to know what happened to this BOARD/FORUM this morning & who & when did they know about it......????????????????

[/QUOTE]

First warning Bill. You are not allowed to provoke other posters here with your political nonsense. I strongly suggest that you reread every post before you hit the "add your post " button. If other posters are not going to be allowed to provoke you with personal insults then you are not going to be allowed to provoke them with political inserts like this.

[/QUOTE]Sorry Pumpsie, I wasn't trying to provoke, was just looking for a legit explanation on the mechanical problems of the board    ?????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

I deleted Bill's thread entitled "Whats going on with this board" (or something like that) because concerns technical issues here belong on the Issues for BDC thread (or on the mod thread). Please: no comments about the author of that thread here. If anyone is still having a technical problem with the forum let me know and I will try to get to the bottom of it.

[/QUOTE]

FWIW, no problems here, using Windows 7 & Chrome.

[object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill--This was sent by Flapjack--reenter using the Forum link below.

MadMc44

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/100/1250

[/QUOTE]

As best I can tell, the source of the complaints is that OTFB is not showing up under "Red Sox Discussions" if you're trying to reach it through the main page...as seen here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/100/910

I access OTFB directly through my favorites, so I haven't run into an issue. Using the link MadMc posted will take you to the full forum and should allow you to view all threads.

Hope that helps those who are having problems.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

micro-managing is the death of any forum..... this place is candy-land compared to HuffP or uTube.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is. And I see that as a good thing.  As I may have said, I also post on another more local board where they say up front that "no bashing or general negativity is allowed", and it operates quite smoothly and respectfully.  People make their points without baiting or insulting one another.  

The problem (IMO) with that is that it also eliminates the good-natured jibes between two posters who know the intent of that jibe.  

Again IMO (what else are you going to get here?) what's happening now is a necessary overreaction to what's happened in the past.  Certain posters have set themselves up as targets with their posts and other posters are taking shots at them.  I expect that once those posters have learned that intentionally posting things that make them targets isn't going to be allowed and those who are taking the shots learn to be a bit more forgiving things will calm down and the mods will use their discretion to allow the back-and-forths that Burrito and Harness used to have.

But what do I know?    

[object HTMLDivElement]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

I am exhausted.....   I miss jose tavares ..... "who cares" 

[/QUOTE]

LOL.. No kidding!  I wonder if that's allowed?   

[object HTMLDivElement]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey all...BosoxJoe has been blocking posts that attack a targeted poster. We are not going to do that any more on this forum. So far Bogey, Kingface, and TheFourB's each have one warning. Two more and you will get a vacation. If you disagree with Bill's content then disagree with it; or ignore it. However, personal attacks on Bill or anyone else who is targeted here are not going to be tolerated.

[/QUOTE]

This attacking of targeted posters has been going on since you became a mod and until now, they have received no warnings (while others have been banned). It's interesting that there is suddenly a change in protocol.  Why the sudden change of heart?

@KST - Thank you.

@FourBs - Of course I'm not crazy.  I am probably the most sane poster on this board.  ;-)

[/QUOTE]

That's a really low bar!! lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

@KST - Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

I'm thrilled with the change.  I have a pretty good idea of why it happened but I'm not going to ask, why look a gift horse in the mouth.