1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I accept the fact that you disagree with the way I moderate here....and frankly, I don't much care.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

Seriously Pumpsie, you don't see anything wrong with what I posted above?

You don't see any inconsistency?

You think it's okay for you, as a moderator, to condone a type of post that you just said would no longer be tolerated?

This is one of the reasons why I didn't want the mods to be identified.  IMO while the comment about 'milkshakes to cure the terminally stupid' was slightly over the line it was humorous enough to be overlooked.  Especially since it was probably appropriate.  

HOWEVER.... it's something most of us could say and get away with, but when a moderator says it, it's verboten. 

It's inevitable that when moderators are identified they're going to be held to a higher standard,  most especially by posters who have been previously critical of the moderators.  While I see that as being unfair to the moderators that ship has unfortunately sailed now.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

I want to know what happened to this BOARD/FORUM this morning & who & when did they know about it......????????????????

First warning Bill. You are not allowed to provoke other posters here with your political nonsense. I strongly suggest that you reread every post before you hit the "add your post " button. If other posters are not going to be allowed to provoke you with personal insults then you are not going to be allowed to provoke them with political inserts like this.

Is the outrageous transgression really the "......... what, who, & when did they know about ........" part of billy's post?

If so, we really, really need to take a chill pill.

Come on now!!!!!!    BIZZARO WORLD territory......

;)   

Speaking as someone who's maybe been one of Bill's biggest critics....

I don't disagree with RSDD's post were the comment about "who, what, and when" had it been made in a vacuum, but it wasn't.  The comment was part of an ongoing pattern for months of being warned, behaving, and then sticking a toe into the water to see what happens.  This was the toe in the water.  If it's ignored the foot goes in, and then the leg and before you know it the whole body is in the water again.  

This was only a warning and it amounts to nothing as along as it was a mistake or an oversight, but if it wasn't and it continues, only then is it a problem.

[object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I accept the fact that you disagree with the way I moderate here....and frankly, I don't much care.

You think it's okay for you, as a moderator, to condone a type of post that you just said would no longer be tolerated?

This is one of the reasons why I didn't want the mods to be identified.  IMO while the comment about 'milkshakes to cure the terminally stupid' was slightly over the line it was humorous enough to be overlooked.  Especially since it was probably appropriate.  

HOWEVER.... it's something most of us could say and get away with, but when a moderator says it, it's verboten. 

It's inevitable that when moderators are identified they're going to be held to a higher standard,  most especially by posters who have been previously critical of the moderators.  While I see that as being unfair to the moderators that ship has unfortunately sailed now.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

I just think it is silly Kimmi is all worked up of this. I am really trying understand her point of view but I just can't. I really don't get it nor care enough to have her explain. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

S5, I am always available to and will respond to reasonable posters who ask reasonable questions. It was not my original comment; it was written by HFX, who rarely participates in personal attacks. Therefore, I let it go. Let me refer you back to what the three mods decided and to the post I wrote a few pages ago: 

"OK gang...I have had a chance to confer with the other two moderators and we agree that the public targeting of certain posters cannot continue the way it is now. If we are not going to tolerate Bill's intentionally provocative political inserts, in the interest of fairness, we should also not tolerate provocative insults directed to him or to any other poster in the repeated manner that Bill (and others) has been insulted. We realize that occasional insults are going to happen, and we will not "overmoderate", but they should remain occasional."

Because HFX is not a repeat offender, in the interests of not overmoderating, I let it go. As the underlined area suggests, some insults are going to happen here; none of the three of us want to overmoderate, so we will use our judgement where to draw the line. Not everyone will agree with where that line is drawn, and I understand that. The goal is to get rid of the incessant daily nonsense that was being perpetrated against a few posters, mostly Bill and 67. If anyone here thinks that that sort of stuff contributes in a positive way to this forum, by all means, step forward and make yourself known. What Kimmi does not like is that there will still be some judgement involved-and that it is not HER judgement.

Hopefully this will clear it up and in the end, the forum will be better for most people. As Ampoule said, just be decent to each other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Ya got to like "BIG PAPI< DAVID ORTIZ"..... I mean, how many hitters can hit under 250 but still play an occasional HOME RUN DERBY ???? Great game last night, keep the milkshakes coming !!!

Too bad there are no milkshakes to cure terminal stupidity.

Pretty funny isn't it-Bill's ideas about how Ortiz has been finished for YEARS now. You know, I feel like I should block this post, but I can't. Because its true. Bill-your ideas about Ortiz being washed up are not your most shining moment here. Maybe its time you recanted and repented.

Here is an interesting conversation.

So we're no longer tolerating attacks against Bill, but we not only tolerate this one, we condone and compliment this one.   Nice, fair, and objective job of moderating Pumpsie.

All the posters blowing smoke up your butt these last couple of months really has gone to your head.

Whenever saying nothing is the right thing to do, you choose the opposite.

I will be sure and let you know when you have my permission to tell me when I should post, and when I should not. You will be the first to know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Ya got to like "BIG PAPI< DAVID ORTIZ"..... I mean, how many hitters can hit under 250 but still play an occasional HOME RUN DERBY ???? Great game last night, keep the milkshakes coming !!!

Pretty funny isn't it-Bill's ideas about how Ortiz has been finished for YEARS now. You know, I feel like I should block this post, but I can't. Because its true. Bill-your ideas about Ortiz being washed up are not your most shining moment here. Maybe its time you recanted and repented.

So we're no longer tolerating attacks against Bill, but we not only tolerate this one, we condone and compliment this one.   Nice, fair, and objective job of moderating Pumpsie.

All the posters blowing smoke up your butt these last couple of months really has gone to your head.

I will be sure and let you know when you have my permission to tell me when I should post, and when I should not. You will be the first to know.

You always have had a "smartest guy in the room" complex.

Yammer on. I expect nothing less.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

This has nothing to do with the mods identities being known.  It also has nothing to do with holding the mods to a higher standard.   But, I do feel that every poster, the mods included, should be held to the same standard.  It's ridiculous that some posters can get away with insults and flaming, and others cannot, based on whether they are liked or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I just think it is silly Kimmi is all worked up of this. I am really trying understand her point of view but I just can't. I really don't get it nor care enough to have her explain. 

I expected better from you Joe.  But then again, I expected better from Mod1.

Simple yes or no question:   Do you think it's okay for a moderator to condone a behavior from one poster that another poster was just warned about?

If you do, then you are condoning moderating based on favoritism.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Guru_Meditation has been banned because he is Pike. He has disrupted the forum by bumping no less than 13 threads, thereby clogging up the front page with older threads and preventing more current threads from being viewed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Guru_Meditation has been banned because he is Pike. He has disrupted the forum by bumping no less than 13 threads, thereby clogging up the front page with older threads and preventing more current threads from being viewed.

Thanks.

We never would have figured that out, otherwise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

S5, I am always available to and will respond to reasonable posters who ask reasonable questions. It was not my original comment; it was written by HFX, who rarely participates in personal attacks. Therefore, I let it go. Let me refer you back to what the three mods decided and to the post I wrote a few pages ago: 

"OK gang...I have had a chance to confer with the other two moderators and we agree that the public targeting of certain posters cannot continue the way it is now. If we are not going to tolerate Bill's intentionally provocative political inserts, in the interest of fairness, we should also not tolerate provocative insults directed to him or to any other poster in the repeated manner that Bill (and others) has been insulted. We realize that occasional insults are going to happen, and we will not "overmoderate", but they should remain occasional."

Because HFX is not a repeat offender, in the interests of not overmoderating, I let it go. As the underlined area suggests, some insults are going to happen here; none of the three of us want to overmoderate, so we will use our judgement where to draw the line. Not everyone will agree with where that line is drawn, and I understand that. The goal is to get rid of the incessant daily nonsense that was being perpetrated against a few posters, mostly Bill and 67. If anyone here thinks that that sort of stuff contributes in a positive way to this forum, by all means, step forward and make yourself known. What Kimmi does not like is that there will still be some judgement involved-and that it is not HER judgement.

Hopefully this will clear it up and in the end, the forum will be better for most people. As Ampoule said, just be decent to each other.

I really appreciate the efforts on my behalf but if it's going to cause a big stink I'm fine with the way things are.

I think the posters who follow me around just to make snarky remarks are making it a bit unpleasant for others but I ignore them.  They really don't bother me so if cracking down on them is causing a problem please don't feel you have to do it for me.

Thanks again for the effort!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Any article Drudge points becomes the Battle of Fallujah.

So......  This guy is a mod too?  Do I have this correct???

If so, why is he posting blatantly "flaming" political non sequiturs from deep out of Left Field?

Shortly after this bizarro world post by a mod?  Pump gives Bill a stern warning about "political inserts," where one would be hard pressed to infer a political intent??  This is really getting into Pikish / Don Quixote, flailing about at political windmills on every post by Bill.  If I'm seeing this as a not so long ago harsh Billy basher, I think it's fair to say that you new mods are quickly spinning out of control.  You are running the risk of becoming omnipresent & overbearing.  GOD!!!!   I hate running the risk of sounding remotely like our Kimmies, but you're running the risk of proving them somewhat correct.  By constantly responding to their whining you likewise do the same.  I can see why mod2 is takinga vacation! He was OMNIPRESENT, especially with respect to addressing & food fighting any & all criticism.  Taking the job WAY TOO SERIOUSLY!

WE ALL NEED TO CHILL OUT, CALM DOWN, STOP TAKING THIS BOARD SO SERIOUSLY, AND START HAVING SOME FUN!  NEVER IN MY REAL LIFE HAVE I EVER SEEN REAL LIVE RS FANS GET THEIR K ICKERS IN SUCH A TWIST!

Long ago, this board became a soap opera......   We absolutely do not need Susan Luchi types moderating the board!!!!!!!

You guys are good guys & great Red Sox fans.  Let's all take a big step back, & stop the nonsense.   I / we expect a good amount of nonsense from billy, boggie, the kimmies, Slash, & many others including me, we surely don't need the mods adding to it.  Ironically, a certain amount of nonsense spices up the board, & keeps it hopping.  It makes sane posters laugh & keep interested in an otherwise tear inducing season....   So let's please chill with what is quickly becoming more of the same over-moderating.

Calm.   Cool.   Collected......  as I always tell my 4th graders.  :)    

Now let's relax & have some fun!!!!!      :)     :)      :)

Dirtdog 

The only thing that has changed is that the repetitive targeted insults perpetrated upon a few posters here-which contribute ZERO to this forum-are not going to be allowed to continue. Nothing else has changed. If you are a fan of that stuff, you will be disappointed. Otherwise, nothing has changed. 

Ahhhh?  Ok......

Not sure you took my point.  Pump,  while as I've said, I have always respected you, & continue to do so, you are coming awefully close to "reading & framing too many of your own press clippings," as it were....

Your now constant responding to criticism is what seems to have burnt out mod2.  The overt disrespect of some is suggesting a certain new found arrogance, which seems a bit out of character, and is most certainly provocative / borderline flaming?

The shot you took & were called on about Bill, and your subsequent in your face, "I could care less what you think"  to Kimmi & others ( or words to that effect) are beginning to make you sound as though you are above the rules you are seeking to change?  

I already have been a long time critic of Kimmi & some of the other interminable whiners, so I Hope you will hear me when I say you truly are being pretty in your face with some of these people with respect to the, I'm in charge now, & will break my own rules if I damn well please & there's nothing you can do about it LOL attitude you are suddenly copping.  

I understand & respect ou getting frustrated, but your sudden omnipresence & in your face flouting of your own laws is more than provocative.  I'm saying this to you as a supporter.  I hope you will re-read my last post, as I'm pretty sure you missed my point.  You most certainly are putting yourself out there unnecessarily as outwardly above the law.

I think it's time we all calmed down a bit, & treat eachother with a bit more respect!

Again......   You have been doing a great job, so let's back down a bit, chill out, & have some fun.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

This has nothing to do with the mods identities being known.  It also has nothing to do with holding the mods to a higher standard.   But, I do feel that every poster, the mods included, should be held to the same standard.  It's ridiculous that some posters can get away with insults and flaming, and others cannot, based on whether they are liked or not.

Do you understand that what you're asking for is impossible unless we go to the same standard used on the other board I post on? "No bashing or negativity is allowed".  

Once we allow SOME bashing or negativity someone has to draw the line, and that's the job of the moderators.  Once we set a firm policy of Word 1, Word 2, etc up to Word 7 is not allowed someone is going to find Word 8 - and what do we do with THAT?  Is it allowed because it's not in the "Seven words you can't say in the forums?"  What if it's even more objectionable than the other seven?  

And in a related topic...

I think we all at times have said things we wish we hadn't said.  Most of us here know who deserves and gets respect and along with that respect comes an occasional "free pass".  But when someone intentionally and continually disrupts the board they don't get that respect and they lose that right to the pass.  That's why a cop may let one person off if they're 10 mph over the speed limit if they have no prior offenses and another person with multiple offenses pays a fine for the same 10 mph.

Those are the jobs of the moderators, and I think that they're doing a good job.  But.. again.. JMO!

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

It is kind of funny that on a baseball board, the moderator thread which involves all of us nattering back and forth at each other and at the mods, is so popular, soap opera style with little or no mention of , you know, BASEBALL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I was working in the yard all afternoon and didn't realize what this was all about until I went back to the front page and looked at it.

At the risk of having this post removed and being chastised by the Mods, I have to say this.

PIKE IS A MORON.

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

You always have had a "smartest guy in the room" complex.

Yammer on. I expect nothing less.

Don't you have a dog you can kick? And as far as "smartest guy in the room complex," you've owned that one longer than any other poster. Like I've mentioned to you before, you must be a 'blast' at parties.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Can't everyone just go about being civil to each other and let the moderators continue to do their good job?

This nit-picking, splitting of frog hairs is unbelievable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:

It is kind of funny that on a baseball board, the moderator thread which involves all of us nattering back and forth at each other and at the mods, is so popular, soap opera style with little or no mention of , you know, BASEBALL.

There was no BASEBALL this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Wow..this thread has certainly taken on a life of it's own...lol

I have laugh at the people who were clamoring for the mods to make their identities known...and now that it's happened they seem relentless in their efforts to pick apart and assign motivation to each and every action and statement the mods make under their "real" names.

Honestly..I think there are less than a handful of posters here who are really overthinking this. The mods are doing a good job..the forum has improved...they have gone over and above what anyone should expect in terms of trying to build consensus and make sure that they were acting fairly.

I mean..my God...cut these guys a little slack will you? Here you have a group of people who are volunteering their time to make this forum more enjoyable for all of us.

If people can't see the difference between some good-natured teasing and occasional jab...and the kind of relentless sniping at 67redsox and yes..Bill...then people need to question their own bias. Moderating a forum is not an all or nothing, black and white thing. It takes judgement. They may make decisions that some people don't agree with. I haven't agreed with every decision but you don't see me here posting endlessly about it...especially since we are usually provided with a rationale for said decision.

They seem sincere in their desire to be fair to everyone. I think , really, that's all people here can and should ask for.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Can't everyone just go about being civil to each other and let the moderators continue to do their good job?

Wow, this is an interesting thread! I thought the point of having the mods was to have a civil place to post.  Things are spinning out of control.  Maybe some people should take a day or two off then come back with a calmer state of mind.  You and I are exempt of course 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Well, me at least. I have no fight in this dog.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Wow..this thread has certainly taken on a life of it's own...lol

I have laugh at the people who were clamoring for the mods to make their identities known...and now that it's happened they seem relentless in their efforts to pick apart and assign motivation to each and every action and statement the mods make under their "real" names.

Honestly..I think there are less than a handful of posters here who are really overthinking this. The mods are doing a good job..the forum has improved...they have gone over and above what anyone should expect in terms of trying to build consensus and make sure that they were acting fairly.

I mean..my God...cut these guys a little slack will you? Here you have a group of people who are volunteering their time to make this forum more enjoyable for all of us.

If people can't see the difference between some good-natured teasing and occasional jab...and the kind of relentless sniping at 67redsox and yes..Bill...then people need to question their own bias. Moderating a forum is not an all or nothing, black and white thing. It takes judgement. They may make decisions that some people don't agree with. I haven't agreed with every decision but you don't see me here posting endlessly about it...especially since we are usually provided with a rationale for said decision.

They seem sincere in their desire to be fair to everyone. I think , really, that's all people here can and should ask for.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

Perfect!!  Well said!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Wow, this is an interesting thread! I thought the point of having the mods was to have a civil place to post.  Things are spinning out of control.  Maybe some people should take a day or two off then come back with a calmer state of mind.  You and I are exempt of course 

Yeah, this thread is a perfect example where uncontrolled democracy is a bad thing...

Get a bunch of people in a room and you'll never have all agree.  It's why you need a judge to make a judgment.  The function of the moderators is to make these judgments.  People may not always agree with them, but such is life. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Yeah, this thread is a perfect example where uncontrolled democracy is a bad thing...

Get a bunch of people in a room and you'll never have all agree.  It's why you need a judge to make a judgment.  The function of the moderators is to make these judgments.  People may not always agree with them, but such is life. 

I have a great idea!  Now that we have three judges we need a jury.  Since I and three others were passed up for a judgeship I think we should be the first to be nominated;0)

I hope the dust settles because this back and forth is not productive.  I guess with the season over posters have nothing better to talk about.  I saw a pre-season Pat's game this weekend.  Brady looked pretty good!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I have a great idea!  Now that we have three judges we need a jury.  Since I and three others were passed up for a judgeship I think we should be the first to be nominated;0)

I hope the dust settles because this back and forth is not productive.  I guess with the season over posters have nothing better to talk about.  I saw a pre-season Pat's game this weekend.  Brady looked pretty good!

Sorry to disagree, but no, no jury.  We have three judges.  Like it or not, they are judge and jury which is fine with me. 

It's the posters who are forever writing one-line, insulting and sarcastic posts who think they're funny are the ones who should worry.

Sections
Shortcuts