1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Post your moderator related comments here

Can't everyone just go about being civil to each other and let the moderators continue to do their good job?

This nit-picking, splitting of frog hairs is unbelievable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is kind of funny that on a baseball board, the moderator thread which involves all of us nattering back and forth at each other and at the mods, is so popular, soap opera style with little or no mention of , you know, BASEBALL.

[/QUOTE]

There was no BASEBALL this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Wow..this thread has certainly taken on a life of it's own...lol

I have laugh at the people who were clamoring for the mods to make their identities known...and now that it's happened they seem relentless in their efforts to pick apart and assign motivation to each and every action and statement the mods make under their "real" names.

Honestly..I think there are less than a handful of posters here who are really overthinking this. The mods are doing a good job..the forum has improved...they have gone over and above what anyone should expect in terms of trying to build consensus and make sure that they were acting fairly.

I mean..my God...cut these guys a little slack will you? Here you have a group of people who are volunteering their time to make this forum more enjoyable for all of us.

If people can't see the difference between some good-natured teasing and occasional jab...and the kind of relentless sniping at 67redsox and yes..Bill...then people need to question their own bias. Moderating a forum is not an all or nothing, black and white thing. It takes judgement. They may make decisions that some people don't agree with. I haven't agreed with every decision but you don't see me here posting endlessly about it...especially since we are usually provided with a rationale for said decision.

They seem sincere in their desire to be fair to everyone. I think , really, that's all people here can and should ask for.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't everyone just go about being civil to each other and let the moderators continue to do their good job?

[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is an interesting thread! I thought the point of having the mods was to have a civil place to post.  Things are spinning out of control.  Maybe some people should take a day or two off then come back with a calmer state of mind.  You and I are exempt of course 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Well, me at least. I have no fight in this dog.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow..this thread has certainly taken on a life of it's own...lol

I have laugh at the people who were clamoring for the mods to make their identities known...and now that it's happened they seem relentless in their efforts to pick apart and assign motivation to each and every action and statement the mods make under their "real" names.

Honestly..I think there are less than a handful of posters here who are really overthinking this. The mods are doing a good job..the forum has improved...they have gone over and above what anyone should expect in terms of trying to build consensus and make sure that they were acting fairly.

I mean..my God...cut these guys a little slack will you? Here you have a group of people who are volunteering their time to make this forum more enjoyable for all of us.

If people can't see the difference between some good-natured teasing and occasional jab...and the kind of relentless sniping at 67redsox and yes..Bill...then people need to question their own bias. Moderating a forum is not an all or nothing, black and white thing. It takes judgement. They may make decisions that some people don't agree with. I haven't agreed with every decision but you don't see me here posting endlessly about it...especially since we are usually provided with a rationale for said decision.

They seem sincere in their desire to be fair to everyone. I think , really, that's all people here can and should ask for.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

Perfect!!  Well said!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is an interesting thread! I thought the point of having the mods was to have a civil place to post.  Things are spinning out of control.  Maybe some people should take a day or two off then come back with a calmer state of mind.  You and I are exempt of course 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this thread is a perfect example where uncontrolled democracy is a bad thing...

Get a bunch of people in a room and you'll never have all agree.  It's why you need a judge to make a judgment.  The function of the moderators is to make these judgments.  People may not always agree with them, but such is life. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this thread is a perfect example where uncontrolled democracy is a bad thing...

Get a bunch of people in a room and you'll never have all agree.  It's why you need a judge to make a judgment.  The function of the moderators is to make these judgments.  People may not always agree with them, but such is life. 

[/QUOTE]

I have a great idea!  Now that we have three judges we need a jury.  Since I and three others were passed up for a judgeship I think we should be the first to be nominated;0)

I hope the dust settles because this back and forth is not productive.  I guess with the season over posters have nothing better to talk about.  I saw a pre-season Pat's game this weekend.  Brady looked pretty good!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have a great idea!  Now that we have three judges we need a jury.  Since I and three others were passed up for a judgeship I think we should be the first to be nominated;0)

I hope the dust settles because this back and forth is not productive.  I guess with the season over posters have nothing better to talk about.  I saw a pre-season Pat's game this weekend.  Brady looked pretty good!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disagree, but no, no jury.  We have three judges.  Like it or not, they are judge and jury which is fine with me. 

It's the posters who are forever writing one-line, insulting and sarcastic posts who think they're funny are the ones who should worry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disagree, but no, no jury.  We have three judges.  Like it or not, they are judge and jury which is fine with me. 

It's the posters who are forever writing one-line, insulting and sarcastic posts who think they're funny are the ones who should worry.

[/QUOTE]

I guess you're right.  I was on a jury once, that was an eye opener.  Don't ever go before a jury of your peers because scary things can happen 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just think it is silly Kimmi is all worked up of this. I am really trying understand her point of view but I just can't. I really don't get it nor care enough to have her explain. 

[/QUOTE]

Joe, here are some posts of yours to Mod2, aka Pumpsie, before you became a mod yourself.

1.  About the unfair/inconsistent moderating:

"So you delete the post pointing out your unwillingness to enforce the same set of rules on everyone? What is the point of moderation if you are going to use it to target certian people? I think Bill should be banned but there are others much worse and nothing is ever done. This is silly. This post is so patronizing. It is not just about religion and politics, it is mean spirited poster who try to make sure they get there way here because they can't in real life. They are extremely hostile. "

2.  About the manner in which the mods were nominated and selected, and how they discussed moderating issues off site with fellow posters within their frat:

"This is bad S5. Some sites let the users vote on mod regularly to make sure the mods are reflective of what the actual users want on a board. Here we don't know they are and they have added a third non mod to the decision making process. So this isn't democratic, nor our the owners have the site pick who regulates their board anymore. So now the mods have more power than either stakeholder group."

Apparently, before you became a mod, your point of view was exactly the same as my point of view, which for some reason, you now can't understand.    The only difference is, I never insisted the mods reveal their identities because I already knew who they were, although I thought it was a good idea for them to do so.

You had the same concerns that I had regarding the forum moderation.  And now that you are a mod, selected by the other two mods in a non-democratic manner, my concerns are silly.   Sounds a little hypocritical, if you ask me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

I thought the point of having the mods was to have a civil place to post.  

[/QUOTE]

We do.  It's the rest of the forum. This is the thread where we trash each other now.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought the point of having the mods was to have a civil place to post.  

[/QUOTE]

We do.  It's the rest of the forum. This is the thread where we trash each other now.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, good to know

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Crushing news about the mods as I know Southpaw doesn't like me and is a friend of Zac's. Pumpsie seems to like the posters that I don't and is a friend of Zac. Maybe he doesn't like me either. And the only thing I remember about BosoxJoe is his constant negative threads here, so we're really not on the same page as far as posting is concerned.

Kim your post is unfair. Nowhere in the TOS does it say you have to be a a Red Sox fan to post here. If you are going to create a litmus test and go after other poster, it will end up in post being deleted and you being banned. You will join Pike. Zac is mostly harmless and has not been banned 35 times. The changing of the number I will leave to him to explain but it is not directly tied to him being banned. This isn't a warning this is me trying to get on the same page as you. If you attack a non-mod openly that will be a warning.

Also, I am negative really? Have you read my post?

This post is shocking to me. You're saying I will be permanently banned for doing whatever it is your're talking about and this is NOT a warning. So no warning I will just be banned forever by you like, you say, Pike has been when Babe has also been permanently banned. That also tells me a little about you and your opinion of me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Btw who am I supposedly targeting? Zac? My mention of UR friend Zac is because of his abusive posts to ME. There's a timeline for my posts so you don't have to look too hard to find what you're talking about makes no sense. I've been here for years and have put up with insulting comments and abusive pics all because I make negative Yankee posts. He, also admittedly, comes here to keep Sox fans real -- meaning we can't just be fans we have to back up any positive comment with facts. What fan board has that rule, and what fan board has that rule made up by a rival team fan? Unprecedented on ANY sports board anywhere.

And Zach has been banned at least a couple of times while I was here. So, for you to pretend his number has nothing to do with that, when in fact, I believe Zac has said as much is just disturbing. Can you change history as well as moderate?

He was the reason I left the board 6 mos after first coming here. I made negative Yankee comments which put me on his radar for abuse. He also started the whole campaign that I was Pike along w/his friend Mikey :) and has been able to keep that going to this day which I still have to deal with. He's done it to other posters as well. He was calling Slash "no cred" in every post he made because of negative comments about the Yankees until I complained about it. He's "harmless" to the posters he doesn't target, and with your negative threads I doubt you were ever a target.

And your comment about me not liking Yankee fans here is ridiculous. I've been friends with Jete for years and people constantly post they believe Steven and I are in a relationship because of our conversations -- both are Yankee fans. The "I hate all Yankee fans here" is a myth created by Zac's friends because I don't like him, and I have every reason not to. FTR I don't think that frat house likes me either.

You guys really need to clean up your act as far as the way you talk to people. It's like people with #toomuchpower and loving it. JMO

Edit: Should BosoxJoe be able to say these things to me without any evidence of what he's saying? My posts don't reflect what he suggesting. If he believes differently, PUT IT UP. If any of the frat boys believe differently put it up. I do expect SP and Pumpsie to address this so at least we know where we all stand as far as being banned for things that have never happened & never will as well as the threatening tone to yet another female poster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Crushing news about the mods as I know Southpaw doesn't like me and is a friend of Zac's. Pumpsie seems to like the posters that I don't and is a friend of Zac. Maybe he doesn't like me either. And the only thing I remember about BosoxJoe is his constant negative threads here, so we're really not on the same page as far as posting is concerned.

Kim your post is unfair. Nowhere in the TOS does it say you have to be a a Red Sox fan to post here. If you are going to create a litmus test and go after other poster, it will end up in post being deleted and you being banned. You will join Pike. Zac is mostly harmless and has not been banned 35 times. The changing of the number I will leave to him to explain but it is not directly tied to him being banned. This isn't a warning this is me trying to get on the same page as you. If you attack a non-mod openly that will be a warning.

[/QUOTE]

This post is shocking to me. You're saying I will be permanently banned for doing whatever it is your're talking about and this is NOT a warning. So no warning I will just be banned forever by you like, you say, Pike has been when Babe has also been permanently banned. That also tells me a little about you and your opinion of me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Btw who am I supposedly targeting? Zac? My mention of UR friend Zac is because of his abusive posts to ME. There's a timeline for my posts so you don't have to look too hard to find what you're talking about makes no sense. I've been here for years and have put up with insulting comments and abusive pics all because I make negative Yankee posts. He, also admittedly, comes here to keep Sox fans real -- meaning we can't just be fans we have to back up any positive comment with facts. What fan board has that rule, and what fan board has that rule made up by a rival team fan? Unprecedented on ANY sports board anywhere.

And Zach has been banned at least a couple of times while I was here. So, for you to pretend his number has nothing to do with that, when in fact, I believe Zac has said as much is just disturbing. Can you change history as well as moderate?

He was the reason I left the board 6 mos after first coming here. I made negative Yankee comments which put me on his radar for abuse. He also started the whole campaign that I was Pike along w/his friend Mikey :) and has been able to keep that going to this day which I still have to deal with. He's done it to other posters as well. He was calling Slash "no cred" in every post he made because of negative comments about the Yankees until I complained about it. He's "harmless" to the posters he doesn't target, and with your negative threads I doubt you were ever a target.

And your comment about me not liking Yankee fans here is ridiculous. I've been friends with Jete for years and people constantly post they believe Steven and I are in a relationship because of our conversations -- both are Yankee fans. The "I hate all Yankee fans here" is a myth created by Zac's friends because I don't like him, and I have every reason not to. FTR I don't think that frat house likes me either.

You guys really need to clean up your act as far as the way you talk to people. It's like people with #toomuchpower and loving it. JMO

[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood me. I am having a policy discussion with you not warning you. This is a friendly convo. You are so wrong about Zack, but that is not the point. You need to not attack fellow Red Sox fans. You are currently attacking me. Saying I only post negative stuff, which is a bold lie, and now you are telling me I have too much power. If you acted this way towards a non mod you would be on vacation right now. If you have spent time reading my interactions with Bill and the anti-bill crowd you would have to say I have spoke to them probably more gentle than I should. You a problem poster, you need to not attack other posters. If you do that we will be fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood me. I am having a policy discussion with you not warning you. This is a friendly convo. You are so wrong about Zack, but that is not the point. You need to not attack fellow Red Sox fans. You are currently attacking me. Saying I only post negative stuff, which is a bold lie, and now you are telling me I have too much power. If you acted this way towards a non mod you would be on vacation right now. If you have spent time reading my interactions with Bill and the anti-bill crowd you would have to say I have spoke to them probably more gentle than I should. You a problem poster, you need to not attack other posters. If you do that we will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

How can I be so wrong about Zac when he's attacked my posts and put up negative pictures of me that everyone can see? Btw I thought you said I was the one attacking Yankee fans. Where's the proof of that? Feel free to go back as long as you have to. PUT IT UP.

And you're also saying anything I say about you, I'm saying about a Red Sox fan when I thought it was clear you could say what you wanted about the moderators. Banning seems to be anything about a poster before three warnings, depending on the poster. You're saying I would be immediately banned for that. 

And just to clear the air here, I'm a "problem poster"? By what definition am I a problem poster? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

harness and I never would have had our war under these rules.... and many many posters loved it.... review your own posting history and you will see how important "freedom" is......  

it has been my battle here for two years, I guess I lost - freedom.... freedom to be a fool, and freedom to call someone a fool

[/QUOTE]

Freedom of speech is very important and I am a strong defender of that right but it has it's limitations.  For example you can't yell "fire" in a public place unless of course there is a fire.  

Freedom to debate and even get into heated debates here is great but when people use name calling as a weapon or to demonize others then that's going too far.

[/QUOTE]

so name calling isn't freedom of speech? 

confused.  not sure i know what "freedom of speech" means.....

other names i have posted under:  none

[/QUOTE]

Freedom of speech does not apply in a private forum. There is no such thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How can I be so wrong about Zac when he's attacked my posts and put up negative pictures of me that everyone can see? Btw I thought you said I was the one attacking Yankee fans. Where's the proof of that? Feel free to go back as long as you have to. PUT IT UP.

And you're also saying anything I say about you, I'm saying about a Red Sox fan when I thought it was clear you could say what you wanted about the moderators. Banning seems to be anything about a poster before three warnings, depending on the poster. You're saying I would be immediately banned for that. 

And just to clear the air here, I'm a "problem poster"? By what definition am I a problem poster? 

[/QUOTE]

I happen to think Zac's an a-h too.

I guess that makes me a problem poster.

I guess the mods should send out a list of members we must like, in order to not rock the boat here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess the mods should send out a list of members we must like, in order to not rock the boat here.

[/QUOTE]

Hey fellow "problem poster" LOL. That sentence a/b Zac alone make you my hero & one of the most intelligent posters on this board. It couldn't be more obvious. I'm assuming even at some point, his own friends will start to realize that but considering you really never know.

I think I know and have always known who BosoxJoe is and it's a nightmare for this board. Just don't say anything about the Yankees and you'll be OK with him.

Btw, just letting you know, don't reply about it, I don't want you dragged into this drama.

FTR You're posts are inspiring. No fear. Maybe when they ban all their labeled "troublemakers" we can all form our own board and kiss them goodbye. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I think I know and have always known who BosoxJoe is and it's a nightmare for this board. Just don't say anything about the Yankees and you'll be OK with him.

Haha...I've mostly withdrawn from all this mod drama, but now I'm curious.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I have to say, I'm not sure where that comes from.

I didn't have a problem with BSJ5 becoming a mod.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No a problem poster is someone who interupts a thread to let peopl know who a Red Sox fan is. Kim can be pike-lite.You can dislike Zach that is fine, I don't like Andre so I avoid him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to say, I'm not sure where that comes from.

I didn't have a problem with BSJ5 becoming a mod.

[/QUOTE]

See this is where the problem lies. I am upset Kim is blindly attacking me. Stating I am a Yankee fan is silly. She can attack me all she wants, I signed up for this. I have been on her list from day one. However she can't attack another poster. That is simply going to disrupt the board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No a problem poster is someone who interupts a thread to let peopl know who a Red Sox fan is. Kim can be pike-lite.You can dislike Zach that is fine, I don't like Andre so I avoid him.

[/QUOTE]

Show me where you're talking about where that has happened, and should you be able to say that w/o a follow-up post? Everything in your post is offensive to me, inflammatory and completely wrong. What mod uses terms "pike-like", another poster's screenname, to make a point or comparison to another poster? Beyond unprofessional. You don't like Pike and, like your post to me saying I will be banned like Pike, shows you're not the person for this position. While I understand why someone Pike obsessed would be chosen, you don't have the emotional maturity to do the job.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So a new moderator makes this post. I'm not a rocket scientist but really please. I'm not even sure what he's saying here. I can see that he's taking a shot and me and whoever Andre is. Extremely unprofessional. A moderator should, at the very least, have some integrity and emotional maturity and not bring his personal feelings into a mod conversation. And you wonder why posters are having a problem with bias as far as the mods are concerned.

I don't know anyone named Andre, but NOW I do. Is that really the professional job we're looking for here?

Sections
Shortcuts