Posted twice and NO response from Francona HATERS BOSOX41, etc....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Posted twice and NO response from Francona HATERS BOSOX41, etc....

All the comments in the past about how they should have been a dynasty and Francona had the same team from 03 to 04 are pure BS. Sometime take a look at the rosters and the differences each year.
    Then you'd realize things like the in season changes and preseason changes in 2004 that helped and maybe were the reason why the RS won the 04 WS.

From 03 to 04 only 2 SP were the same, 2 of the BP were the same and 3 of the 9 starters were different. NONE of the bench players were the same. So that means out of 25 players in who were on the team in 2003 only 10 remaind on the 04 WS team
    So please stop saying it was the same team and should have won with anyone managing. 

I will add that over the years the pitching was different every year especially the BP, that there were injuries to work around, that there were on average 5 different players on the team each year. They went thru 9 SS, 4 3rd, 5 2nd, 4 LF, 4 CF, 3 RF, .

The whole contention that he had the same team each year and did not MANAGE is pure BS.

IMHO he did a helluva job

Your and others contention that it was the same/similar team for the 9 years and should have been a dynasty when Francona was manager is a joke. As is the contention the 2003 and 2004 team were one in the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Posted twice and NO response from Francona HATERS BOSOX41, etc....

In this age of FA it is tough to keep a team intact from one year to another. Bodies are flying all over the place during the 'hot stove' season. IMO teams try to keep its core players and build around them. I agree with you that Francona deserves big time credit for the job he did in '04'. I'm an unabashed Tito supporter, but someone had to pay for last year, and Francona was it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Who would ever have thought it would end this way?"

"At least we have the memories."

"...and the money!"

"Good point."

"Hey, let's get an order of fried chicken delivered for the 7th inning stretch!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Jim' don't hold your breathe, the haters can't comment on "04". Terry in order rallied the team from the Pedro debacle in '03'. He beat Scoiscia, and two HOF'ers in Torre and LaRussa, coming back down 0-3 verse the Yankees. He had nitwits on the team in Manny, know it alls in Schilling, and every thing in between. How you describe Nomar's personality is beyond me. He held that group to-gether and coasted into the WC slot with 98 victories, no a bad days work for a care-taker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Posted twice and NO response from Francona HATERS BOSOX41, etc....:
    [QUOTE]   Jim' don't hold your breathe, the haters can't comment on "04". Terry in order rallied the team from the Pedro debacle in '03'. He beat Scoiscia, and two HOF'ers in Torre and LaRussa, coming back down 0-3 verse the Yankees. He had nitwits on the team in Manny, know it alls in Schilling, and every thing in between. How you describe Nomar's personality is beyond me. He held that group to-gether and coasted into the WC slot with 98 victories, no a bad days work for a care-taker.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Well said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I just always love it when guys like Bosox1941 say stuff and when they get knocked on their butts with facts there is a deadly silence. Then they think they can say something a month later and think that what they said prior is forgotten.
    I would just like to have Bosos have the balls to answer after all the times he stated Francona inherited the 2003 team in 2004 and should have won many more WS.

He has no balls to do that.................

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

georom and bosox1941 are in 7th heaven right now because finally, finally they have a manager who will win every single game.  I mean, that's the standard, isn't it? 

Me, I'm fine with Francona going even though I supported him throughout the eight years.  Given September, the beer, and the chicken, to say nothing with the pitching collapse, it was time for a change.

I have zero expectations for Valentine and hope he will do as well as Francona.  That he was all over the place, visiting players in the offseason, throwing batting practice, drawing the lines down right field and left field, selling hotdogs, etc was good because it prevented the sportswriters from dwelling too much on September.  Tommy V was the story and a good one. 

September helped Valentine because it guaranteed almost everyone--Jenks is an exception of course--would be in good shape this spring. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Good thread Jim.

I've stopped responding to those bashers. It's fine to have disagreements with Francona's style, but they're not interested in intelligent debate. They exagerrate things and call opinions facts. I can't be bothered anymore.

Francona was a class act and excellent manager. I didn't always agree with moves, but he was a better in-game manager than given credit for. Winning 95 games in 2005 with a wreck of a rotation might have been his best managing job along with winning 89 in 2010 with the massive amount of injuries.

Too many fans are superficial. They think the correct way to manage is like playing a video game and pressing buttons all the time or yelling and screaming like an idiot like a Lou Pinella or Ozzie Guillen.

Patience and a low-key approach isn't sexy so they think he's not managing. 

Like the saying goes, "You can't argue with stupid," -- or however it goes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts