Poster of the months for January, February, and March have been announced! The winner: Bill-806!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Poster of the months for January, February, and March have been announced! The winner: Bill-806!

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Bill-806 knows Red Sox baseball. He has in-depth knowledge of what it takes to have a championship baseball club. That is why Bill-806  is pleading with Ben, to put Jackie Bradley in LF.

Jackie is hitting .484 this spring with a .590 on-base percentage. Moreover, he has piled up 15 hits, six walks and two hit-by-pitches this spring in 39 plate appearances -- but only four strikeouts. Jackie is multitool player. Don't forget his superb defensive ability.

Bill-806 wants a championship. And that means not worrying about whether the player is a Scott Boras client or if the free agency clock is ticking. I hope Ben is listening. It's been a long time since Red Sox Nation has seen playoff baseball.

even Stiffy, the 3rd member of this crazy love triangle, thinks it is beyond stupid to put JBJ in LF. what purpose does it serve besides being dumb? poor use of his arm and his range in fenways small LF. maybe if we played half our games in yankee stadium, you might have a point but we do not. JBJ and/or Jacoby have no business playing in LF.

L F is only a "STARTER", as  C F will be his as soon as Ben finishes "tweaking" that roster !!!!

maybe you didn't understand me.. i'll say it again. JBJ has nobusiness playing in LF

The Angels have shown no hesitation in moving Trout to left field this spring, despite the fact that he played Gold Glove-caliber defense in center last season. Likewise, the team routinely inserted Peter Bourjos as a defensive substitution in center late in games last year, moving Trout to left.

does the angels home park have a teeny tiny LF?? if not, then i'm not sure why you are making the comparison...

Last time I checked they play 1/2 their games on the road. And last time I checked JB also bats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Poster of the months for January, February, and March have been announced! The winner: Bill-806!

[QUOTE]

Bill-806 knows Red Sox baseball. He has in-depth knowledge of what it takes to have a championship baseball club. That is why Bill-806  is pleading with Ben, to put Jackie Bradley in LF.

Jackie is hitting .484 this spring with a .590 on-base percentage. Moreover, he has piled up 15 hits, six walks and two hit-by-pitches this spring in 39 plate appearances -- but only four strikeouts. Jackie is multitool player. Don't forget his superb defensive ability.

Bill-806 wants a championship. And that means not worrying about whether the player is a Scott Boras client or if the free agency clock is ticking. I hope Ben is listening. It's been a long time since Red Sox Nation has seen playoff baseball.

even Stiffy, the 3rd member of this crazy love triangle, thinks it is beyond stupid to put JBJ in LF. what purpose does it serve besides being dumb? poor use of his arm and his range in fenways small LF. maybe if we played half our games in yankee stadium, you might have a point but we do not. JBJ and/or Jacoby have no business playing in LF.

L F is only a "STARTER", as  C F will be his as soon as Ben finishes "tweaking" that roster !!!!

maybe you didn't understand me.. i'll say it again. JBJ has nobusiness playing in LF

The Angels have shown no hesitation in moving Trout to left field this spring, despite the fact that he played Gold Glove-caliber defense in center last season. Likewise, the team routinely inserted Peter Bourjos as a defensive substitution in center late in games last year, moving Trout to left.

does the angels home park have a teeny tiny LF?? if not, then i'm not sure why you are making the comparison...

Sorry, "LET ME SPLAIN" whats going to go down, sooooon ........  "LET ME BE CLEAR",   JACOBY will be gone soooooner, rather than later !!!!!   And then Bradley moves to  C F !!       Right SOFTY ?????

jacoby may or may not be traded. but JBJ will be in MiLB in the meantime. Not wasting a year of control while wasting his defensive abilities in LF...

Last time I checked JB also bats.
    Also LF has been the home of Williams/Yaz/ and Rice=Hall Of Famers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Sorry, "LET ME SPLAIN" whats going to go down, sooooon ........  "LET ME BE CLEAR",   JACOBY will be gone soooooner, rather than later !!!!!   And then Bradley moves to  C F !!       Right SOFTY ?????

jacoby may or may not be traded. but JBJ will be in MiLB in the meantime. Not wasting a year of control while wasting his defensive abilities in LF...

Please tell Yaz that LF at Fenway is a piece of cake!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

those guys were clearly also HoF calibur sluggers... JBJ will never be that kind of hitter. He is a pure CF'er. his defense is better than is offense. You want to stifle the best part of his game by putting him into the smallest part of the OF?? Your baseball acumen is on par with Bill... which might be a compliment in your mind but it's not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

[QUOTE]

those guys were clearly also HoF calibur sluggers... JBJ will never be that kind of hitter. He is a pure CF'er. his defense is better than is offense. You want to stifle the best part of his game by putting him into the smallest part of the OF?? Your baseball acumen is on par with Bill... which might be a compliment in your mind but it's not.

I'm here to talk baseball; not to exchange insults. I haven't insulted you. It's forum etiquette not to insult another poster. In fact it's part BDC's rules. Please in the future try to keep your remarks focused on the topic. It is this individual's humble opinion that JB is ready for the majors right now. Ellsbury is the CF. Therefore, JB this year only, would temporarily play LF.
    His offense and defense would be an immense addition to this team's chances of making the playoffs.  In fact, Old Yankee Stadium had a short porch in right field, designed originally to take advantage of Babe Ruth's power, but the rest of the park played large. But Casey Stengell put rookie Mickey Mantle in right because Joe DiMaggio was the CF. Did Mickey's career suffer?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm here to talk baseball; not to exchange insults. I haven't insulted you. It's forum etiquette not to insult another poster. In fact it's part BDC's rules. Please in the future try to keep your remarks focused on the topic.

you want to criticize me about forum etiquette?? meanwhile you create useless thread after useless thread about your BF bill. clearly your not here to talk baseball.. In addition to creating useless threads, you smurf other posters. but you want to get on my case about insults?? please!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

It is this individual's humble opinion that JB is ready for the majors right now. Ellsbury is the CF. Therefore, JB this year only, would temporarily play LF.
    His offense and defense would be an immense addition to this team's chances of making the playoffs.

OR, he could finish his development in the minors while saving a year of TC which is better for everyone in the long and short run..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What dont you guys understand about there not being a FT job for him in Boston right now and the FACT that if he waits until April 12th to be put on the 40-man roster then called up he wont be a FA until 2019 instead of 2018?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

What dont you guys understand about there not being a FT job for him in Boston right now and the FACT that if he waits until April 12th to be put on the 40-man roster then called up he wont be a FA until 2019 instead of 2018?

Look at the second half of his screen name. I think that explains everything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Look at the second half of his screen name. I think that explains everything.

Good point carnie :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Creepy.

Couldn't have said it better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Creepy.

Exactly my thought when I saw the headline.  I don't remember who it was that unilaterally decreed (in many poster's views) the worst poster to be the best poster.....was it the same creep that starts these pro-Bill posts?  I think it might have been.  

I don't remember seeing anyone dispute it because it's so obviously creepy and demented (see the "In Dreams" scene from Blue Velvet).   

Here be a mirror, creeps:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clZNwja8M3A

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts