In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to elvis-surfs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The votes have all been tallied. All votes for Moonslav 59 and Notin have been disregarded for reasons stated earlier. Also ,  anyone voting for themselves was  automatically disqualified. ( It is important to follow the rules )   The voting was so close and controversial that it had to be decided by that somewhat mysterious group known only as " They ."  " They " have ruled that the BDC 2012 Poster of the Year Award goes to Bill-806.  Bill's posts always generated numerous replies, some of them quite vitriolic.  Even then , he maintained a sense of humor and remained cordial and good natured to his critics.  He also is to be commended for his battles with the " ALL CAPS " police.  And , who could ever forget this past summer's riveting story of Forrest , Forrest Gump and Jenny Dell ?  In addition to that , Bill seems like a heck of good guy.  Bill-806 is the deserving winner.  Bill , expect BDC Dottie to present you with the trophy. Also , the winner's check is in the mail.  And , you may be receiving an invite to the White House for a meeting with the " Big O." Well , those things probably will not happen , but congratulations anyways , Bill. .  You are a darn good poster.  Dad would be proud.  As for the rest of you T-Ballers , thanks for your participation , and better luck in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

Well done...as annoying as 806 generally is, you did sum up his good qualties well...the "dad would be proud" and invite to the White house just kills me...

yeah, obviously Moonslav and Notin...gotta say i like Jesseyeric's stuff as well, for a bloody (not the word I chose, censored) Yankee fan...Snakeoil always brings a hard game, Spaceman, Drewski, tough to start naming folks, plenty out there after the DQ'ed moon and notin...lots of good posters here......a couple of kooks...they probably work for the globe...

great thread...

[/QUOTE]Like Congress, they are all good people.......  However, I won the election and the voters have spoken.....  I have a MANDATE, ya know , elections have CONSEQUENCES !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations Bill.....I am sure that in the upcoming year your term as poster of the year will bring positive changes to this board. Good luck!

[/QUOTE]

and God help us all...good grief...brace ourselves...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Poster of the year. 2012.

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to elvis-surfs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The votes have all been tallied. All votes for Moonslav 59 and Notin have been disregarded for reasons stated earlier. Also ,  anyone voting for themselves was  automatically disqualified. ( It is important to follow the rules )   The voting was so close and controversial that it had to be decided by that somewhat mysterious group known only as " They ."  " They " have ruled that the BDC 2012 Poster of the Year Award goes to Bill-806.  Bill's posts always generated numerous replies, some of them quite vitriolic.  Even then , he maintained a sense of humor and remained cordial and good natured to his critics.  He also is to be commended for his battles with the " ALL CAPS " police.  And , who could ever forget this past summer's riveting story of Forrest , Forrest Gump and Jenny Dell ?  In addition to that , Bill seems like a heck of good guy.  Bill-806 is the deserving winner.  Bill , expect BDC Dottie to present you with the trophy. Also , the winner's check is in the mail.  And , you may be receiving an invite to the White House for a meeting with the " Big O." Well , those things probably will not happen , but congratulations anyways , Bill. .  You are a darn good poster.  Dad would be proud.  As for the rest of you T-Ballers , thanks for your participation , and better luck in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

Well done...as annoying as 806 generally is, you did sum up his good qualties well...the "dad would be proud" and invite to the White house just kills me...

yeah, obviously Moonslav and Notin...gotta say i like Jesseyeric's stuff as well, for a bloody (not the word I chose, censored) Yankee fan...Snakeoil always brings a hard game, Spaceman, Drewski, tough to start naming folks, plenty out there after the DQ'ed moon and notin...lots of good posters here......a couple of kooks...they probably work for the globe...

great thread...

[/QUOTE]Like Congress, they are all good people.......  However, I won the election and the voters have spoken.....  I have a MANDATE, ya know , elections have CONSEQUENCES !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations Bill.....I am sure that in the upcoming year your term as poster of the year will bring positive changes to this board. Good luck!

[/QUOTE]  Thanks Pumpsie,  Many great posters in our group....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Joe B is the best poster for providing consistantly astute opinions, regularly backed by relavent stats. Moon is the best stat man, and puts the most work into his posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to oscars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe B is the best poster for providing consistantly astute opinions, regularly backed by relavent stats. Moon is the best stat man, and puts the most work into his posts.

[/QUOTE]In America today.....  It's not the "FACTS", it's more about "SPIN & SELLING IT !!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] hey Pumps, Happy New Year!!...how was that dive??...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

notin is the best and most knowledgable poster.

5katz was close, but has been MIA for a long time.

There are many other fine posters here, but we have lost some great ones recently.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This past year, Drewski has been my personal favorite.

I used to roll with Joe B. for his no-nonsense, concise analysis.  But he has added a meanstreak this year that has added to his entertainment value, but allowed Drewski to slip in to Spaceman's #1 spot, as I always value brevity and level-headedness above entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

I think you could use a little more Joe B. in your posts. Your constant support for Babe/bencheringtom/Yazzer/MrYazz is part of the reason this board is the way it is. You welcome Yankee trolls here that come here to insult Sox fans. And, please, enough with how "funny" Babe is. There's nothing funny about the way he spends his time, apparently, on or off the board.

[/QUOTE]

Silly Piker.  I do not "support" any of those characters.  The only time I even mention Babe is in response to your ridiculous assertions (one of which I am responding to right now).  I am pretty sure that the reason I can't see eye to eye with you on it is because I have never been insulted by Babe, Yazzer, or Bencherringtom.  Do you want to take a guess why that is?  Mine is that I don't really care to draw lines in the sand with people on an internet message board, and thus I don't find myself making enemies.  Thats your choice Pike, not mine.  Ask yourself:  what keeps the Babe's shenanigans going more:  me, who doesn't engage him on that level, or you, who takes the bait every freakin' time?  Its hilarious.  You cannot even see that it is YOU who provides the fuel that you accuse myself and others of providing.

[/QUOTE]

Who the        do you think you're talking to? You're not only calling me a guy, you're calling me an alias of another poster. And you not only support those characters, you've even said you enjoyed how they toyed with posters and they fell for it. You're just one of those guys that blame the victim.

And if we're talking about what keeps Babe going more, I'd have to say your welcome mat that you always throw out when you're so glad to see him. You're not this cool person people think you are, you're spineless. And spineless people probably do get a kick out of bullies, something they aspire to be. FTR IMO you're doing OK by calling a female poster a man.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Show me where I have responded to any posts by Babe, Yazzer, or Bencherringtom in the last two weeks. I've been ignoring them. However, everytime that I post they are there with their insults and one-liner nonsense..They

[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it Pike, but, you reap what you sow.

If you use the great majority of your posts to levy accusations and point fingers, and hardly any time talking baseball or being remotely civil, chances are that is the energy you are going to get back.

Basic golden rule type stuff.

[/QUOTE]

Which wouldn't even have to be in place if this board wasn't the vacation home of so many Yankee trolls. It's absolutely unbelievable that you aren't even allowed to comment about it. Too bad none of your Yankee troll pals ever wanted to occupy a Yankee board with you and all their fans. But, of course, Yankee fans would never put up with it so that certainly wouldn't work out.

And even if it did, I'm sure the Yankee fans there would have something to say about it, and they wouldn't be told they couldn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

1. Notin

2. Moon

3. Drewski 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to cassvt2004's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Notin

2. Moon

3. Drewski 

[/QUOTE]Son, i hope that your not calling for a recount here ??  Heck, Im getting quite comfortable with the idea that I have been elected by the members as 2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR........  Elections have CONSEQUENCES !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Show me where I have responded to any posts by Babe, Yazzer, or Bencherringtom in the last two weeks. I've been ignoring them. However, everytime that I post they are there with their insults and one-liner nonsense..They

[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it Pike, but, you reap what you sow.

If you use the great majority of your posts to levy accusations and point fingers, and hardly any time talking baseball or being remotely civil, chances are that is the energy you are going to get back.

Basic golden rule type stuff.

[/QUOTE]

Which wouldn't even have to be in place if this board wasn't the vacation home of so many Yankee trolls. It's absolutely unbelievable that you aren't even allowed to comment about it. Too bad none of your Yankee troll pals ever wanted to occupy a Yankee board with you and all their fans. But, of course, Yankee fans would never put up with it so that certainly wouldn't work out.

And even if it did, I'm sure the Yankee fans there would have something to say about it, and they wouldn't be told they couldn't.

[/QUOTE]

I can't help you Kimmy.  If you want to chase your tail all day, far be it from me to try and stop you.  But, all this troll-hunting is Sysiphean.  It is an open forum on the internet.  You know why the Yankee trolls don't bother me?  Because i ignore them when they are being stupid trolls.  It is really not much of a strain for me to glance for a millisecond at a dumb post on a thread and just move on.  Who cares, you know?  

Now, your firend Pike admonishes me for falling for a different type of troll:  the supposed disguised trolls just trying to get a rise out of people.  Georom.  Softy.  If they are what your friend Pike says they are, I guess I am a fool for engaging them.  But, it is fun for me even if they are, so I am not sure what the harm to me is.

The Yankee trolls are different.  To me, it is exactly the internet equivalent of sitting in the bleachers at Fenway at a Yankee series.  There is always going to be some slobbering drunken pinstriper shouting "Red Sox Suck!".  Its, i don't know, funny.  I don't engage these slobbering fools ... OK, sometimes I do, but its all in fun.  It only becomes something darker when one takes it personally.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hi Jete...just notice your post. It was about 35 dives in the most diverse underwater environment on earth: eastern Indonesia, untouched by man, pretty much. It helped that the water temp was 85 degrees. Happy New Year to you too....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hi Jete...just notice your post. It was about 35 dives in the most diverse underwater environment on earth: eastern Indonesia, untouched by man, pretty much. It helped that the water temp was 85 degrees. Happy New Year to you too....

[/QUOTE]

are you a photographer? marine biologist? both? i've always wanted to explore some coral reefs and i'm pretty jealous of you lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

are you a photographer? marine biologist? both? i've always wanted to explore some coral reefs and i'm pretty jealous of you lol.

[/QUOTE]

I am a divemaster and an amateur underwater photographer (been doing it for about six years now). In real life I am a retired pediatrician and now have the opportunity to travel around the world diving and taking pictures. If you let me know your email address I can send you a few of them...you or anyone else who is interested.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am a divemaster and an amateur underwater photographer (been doing it for about six years now). In real life I am a retired pediatrician and now have the opportunity to travel around the world diving and taking pictures. If you let me know your email address I can send you a few of them...you or anyone else who is interested.

[/QUOTE]

Good to see you back, pumpsie. The closest I plan to getting to land untouched by man is Block Island. Why not post them in a seoerate thread, for those who are interested?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that sounds great. obviously i am a little wary to give out my personal email with all the crazies running around on the board (kimpike) so i made a new one lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

mef: I copied your email address and will send along some pix. I would go back and edit out your email address now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good to see you back, pumpsie. The closest I plan to getting to land untouched by man is Block Island. Why not post them in a seoerate thread, for those who are interested?

[/QUOTE]

Honestly: because I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. They are good sized files. Might try again when I have time.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike please be quiet and go back to flooding the forum with your positivity strategy, also known as plagiarizing or cut and paste.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no place, on tiny block island, that is untouched by man.

Are you out there often?  My best friend has an appartment out there (he is the head chef at mohegan cafe).  I'm out all the time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no place, on tiny block island, that is untouched by man.

Are you out there often?  My best friend has an appartment out there (he is the head chef at mohegan cafe).  I'm out all the time.

[/QUOTE]

Was kidding Drew but that's how it feels...no hospital, no mail delivery, no one has an address, seems fairly primitive, with only 900 residents and always feels like I'm back to civilization, when I touch ground in New London. was there in September and ate at Mohegan Cafe. you can tell him, while outside looking at the menu, everyone who came out recommended it.  Was excellent and will go again. Friend of mine has a summer house there. no air conditioning! Try to go once a year. Where I first saw the T-shirt... I support two teams, the red sox and whoever beats the Yankee  still have it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just got my letter from  BDC.....  They want me to go out on weekends representing BDC as a good-will type......   WOW, Im really excited !!

Sections
Shortcuts