Re: Poster of the year. 2012.

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drewski is always a good read

but we are talkin poster of the yr

I'm torn between softy & Pike/KST

no 2 posters have ever done more

to make everyone around them seem like better posters 

[/QUOTE]  Drewski is a great poster & a sharp baseball man.....  He also has a great knack of staying away from the "DRAMA" on this board........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This past year, Drewski has been my personal favorite.

I used to roll with Joe B. for his no-nonsense, concise analysis.  But he has added a meanstreak this year that has added to his entertainment value, but allowed Drewski to slip in to Spaceman's #1 spot, as I always value brevity and level-headedness above entertainment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I used to roll with Joe B. for his no-nonsense, concise analysis.  But he has added a meanstreak this year that has added to his entertainment value, but allowed Drewski to slip in to Spaceman's #1 spot, as I always value brevity and level-headedness above entertainment.

[/QUOTE]sPACEMAN.....  Your a good man tooooo.... I have always enjoyed your posts and the back & forth, a great sense of Baseball & HUMOR toooo !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1, thanks to the NHL strike. They may get it done yet, Drew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]sPACEMAN.....  Your a good man tooooo.... I have always enjoyed your posts and the back & forth, a great sense of Baseball & HUMOR toooo !!!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bill.  I'll make you a LeftySocMoonbat yet.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that Joe B. is mean because he is like Howard Cossell and tells it like it is.  I don't call that being mean. I mean how long should you be patient? We don't all have the patience of the Biblical Job. If Joe notices that a certain poster is negative 24/7 for years then why the need to be objective, tolerant, and patient? To me that is why makes Joe entertaining / a la Cossell and not like Babe / Don Rickles.

To each his own but I don't respect the 7th grade "entertainment value" of Babe / Yazzer / Ben Cherringtom types. They are the Beavis and Butthead of the forum.

[/QUOTE]

Do not misconstrue.  I love me some Joe B. and I appreciate that the idiots of the board finally managed, after years of stupidity to which he would respond with hard facts and subtle dry wit, to get him a little hot under the bronx collar.  It took a lot.  And i like the new,  angrier Joe B. very much.  Give 'em hell Joe!

I was just inventing a reason not to give him the Space Poster of the Year Award for the umpteenth time.  This year it goes to Drewski.

But to your underlying point, please let it go about Babe.  I don't like Babe better than Joe.  I even like you better than Babe, when you talk baseball.  Which you pretty much never do.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

pike/kst

Maybe a special vote for 2-headed posters.

Actually I enjoy reading a few folks here and wish that I had a few of their qualities but I am what I am. A product of my environment.

That being said Hfxsoxnut has always been a very insightful poster, humble and one who I think avoids conflict but I have seen here where like everyone else pike has a tendency to bring out the best in all of us.

But Hfxsoxnut has been on other sites that I have and all I can say he is steady and has opened my eyes to a few things and it's great to have him onboard.

And I agree about drewski.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pike/kst

Maybe a special vote for 2-headed posters.

Actually I enjoy reading a few folks here and wish that I had a few of their qualities but I am what I am. A product of my environment.

That being said Hfxsoxnut has always been a very insightful poster, humble and one who I think avoids conflict but I have seen here where like everyone else pike has a tendency to bring out the best in all of us.

But Hfxsoxnut has been on other sites that I have and all I can say he is steady and has opened my eyes to a few things and it's great to have him onboard.

And I agree about drewski.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, TWM, I appreciate that.  Personally one of the real surprises for me about these message boards is how much I could enjoy yakking with Yankee fans like yourself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PSZ, your logic regarding Pike is indisputable. Still, a vote for Pike as poster of the year is a vote for trying to read a box of scrabble letters instead of the intelligent posts on this forum. If we are really looking for the best poster this year, regardless of how many times he has won it in the past, I would have to vote for Moon. Though sometimes people will disagree with what he says, there is always some logic that goes into his posts. BTW: hello from Jakarta Indonesia! Great diving trip....I will be home to watch the Sox make more insipid moves again soon.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Pikelaw

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moonslav 59 has won this award too many times. Therefore , he has exceeded his term limits and is no longer eligible for this election.  This is not Cuba.  As for Notin , he had to be disqualified for excessive use of the words , " You do realize " in his sarcastic replies to other posters

[/QUOTE]

I did not realize there was a limit, but I will graciously accept my disqualification in light of this rarely observed ruling.

Also I take the full compliment of now knowing the level of attention dgalehouse pays to my postings, as I had assumed I was on the list of those who chose to gloss over, given the infrequency with which we agree...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And we come full circle. The first Yankee troll to get the ball rolling that I am another poster here comes back to it yet again by calling me another poster. You're not here to discuss baseball, you're here to bash Sox fans.

It is interesting that Helloitsmeagain/cheringtom/Yazzer/MrYazz does not even get an honorable mention from you. But, of course, that's Babe, a Yankee troll. It's so funny how people still believe you guys don't have each other's backs here. I've never heard you complain about any Yankee fan here. Only Sox fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you could use a little more Joe B. in your posts. Your constant support for Babe/bencheringtom/Yazzer/MrYazz is part of the reason this board is the way it is. You welcome Yankee trolls here that come here to insult Sox fans. And, please, enough with how "funny" Babe is. There's nothing funny about the way he spends his time, apparently, on or off the board.