Poster of the year. 2012.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Poster of the year. 2012.

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This past year, Drewski has been my personal favorite.

I used to roll with Joe B. for his no-nonsense, concise analysis.  But he has added a meanstreak this year that has added to his entertainment value, but allowed Drewski to slip in to Spaceman's #1 spot, as I always value brevity and level-headedness above entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

+1, thanks to the NHL strike. They may get it done yet, Drew.

[/QUOTE]

Another hilarious post. The guy who supports a Yankee troll, Mikey, and his various aliases and immitations of Sox posters here selects a poster that couldn't be further from that. Are you trying to pretend to be someone you're not?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I used to roll with Joe B. for his no-nonsense, concise analysis.  But he has added a meanstreak this year that has added to his entertainment value, but allowed Drewski to slip in to Spaceman's #1 spot, as I always value brevity and level-headedness above entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that Joe B. is mean because he is like Howard Cossell and tells it like it is.  I don't call that being mean. I mean how long should you be patient? We don't all have the patience of the Biblical Job. If Joe notices that a certain poster is negative 24/7 for years then why the need to be objective, tolerant, and patient? To me that is why makes Joe entertaining / a la Cossell and not like Babe / Don Rickles.

To each his own but I don't respect the 7th grade "entertainment value" of Babe / Yazzer / Ben Cherringtom types. They are the Beavis and Butthead of the forum.

[/QUOTE]

That is you and kimsaythis there Pike.

[/QUOTE]

How many hours of your life do you actually spend on a rival team's board just creating endless one-liners. Don't you have anything else to do?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pike/kst

Maybe a special vote for 2-headed posters.

Actually I enjoy reading a few folks here and wish that I had a few of their qualities but I am what I am. A product of my environment.

That being said Hfxsoxnut has always been a very insightful poster, humble and one who I think avoids conflict but I have seen here where like everyone else pike has a tendency to bring out the best in all of us.

But Hfxsoxnut has been on other sites that I have and all I can say he is steady and has opened my eyes to a few things and it's great to have him onboard.

And I agree about drewski.

[/QUOTE]

Another Yankee troll calling me another poster. It's a theme with you guys. Keep bashing Sox fans you don't like on a board you consider your own.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

pike/kst

Actually I enjoy reading a few folks here and wish that I had a few of their qualities but I am what I am. A product of my environment.

That being said Hfxsoxnut has always been a very insightful poster, humble and one who I think avoids conflict but I have seen here where like everyone else pike has a tendency to bring out the best in all of us.

But Hfxsoxnut has been on other sites that I have and all I can say he is steady and has opened my eyes to a few things and it's great to have him onboard.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, TWM, I appreciate that.  Personally one of the real surprises for me about these message boards is how much I could enjoy yakking with Yankee fans like yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe a Yankee board is a better fit for you. That is, instead of making this forum into some kind of Yankee troll heaven like you guys did on the other Sox board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pikelaw

[/QUOTE]

bgomezMikey

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

pike/kst

[/QUOTE]

Another Yankee troll calling me another poster. It's a theme with you guys. Keep bashing Sox fans you don't like on a board you consider your own.

[/QUOTE]

pike disagreeing with you and your alter egos does not make one a troll.

Not my board and not yours either.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike says entertainment is bad for this forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Kim and Pike are definitely not the same person (though Pike may sometimes lend Kim his tinfoil hat).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

As for poster of the year votes, there are many worthy candidates, but ultimately I'd probably have to say Notin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The polls for this election will close at 3:00 PM , EST.   The winner of the " Poster of the Year " award will be announced after the votes have been tabulated. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you could use a little more Joe B. in your posts. Your constant support for Babe/bencheringtom/Yazzer/MrYazz is part of the reason this board is the way it is. You welcome Yankee trolls here that come here to insult Sox fans. And, please, enough with how "funny" Babe is. There's nothing funny about the way he spends his time, apparently, on or off the board.

[/QUOTE]

Silly Piker.  I do not "support" any of those characters.  The only time I even mention Babe is in response to your ridiculous assertions (one of which I am responding to right now).  I am pretty sure that the reason I can't see eye to eye with you on it is because I have never been insulted by Babe, Yazzer, or Bencherringtom.  Do you want to take a guess why that is?  Mine is that I don't really care to draw lines in the sand with people on an internet message board, and thus I don't find myself making enemies.  Thats your choice Pike, not mine.  Ask yourself:  what keeps the Babe's shenanigans going more:  me, who doesn't engage him on that level, or you, who takes the bait every freakin' time?  Its hilarious.  You cannot even see that it is YOU who provides the fuel that you accuse myself and others of providing.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I lurk more than I post here because I find a lot of posters here to be completely ridiculous conflict seekers. When the Sox are doing poorly, it's clearly reflected on this forum with poor posting, and vice-versa.

Anyways, for the sake of the game, Moonslav seems to be the most reasonable, rational, non-emotionaly driven poster on here.

[/QUOTE]

Amen. Spaceman totally disagrees with you however.

[/QUOTE]

Oh Pike, you are such a conflict seeker.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you could use a little more Joe B. in your posts. Your constant support for Babe/bencheringtom/Yazzer/MrYazz is part of the reason this board is the way it is. You welcome Yankee trolls here that come here to insult Sox fans. And, please, enough with how "funny" Babe is. There's nothing funny about the way he spends his time, apparently, on or off the board.

[/QUOTE]

Silly Piker.  I do not "support" any of those characters.  The only time I even mention Babe is in response to your ridiculous assertions (one of which I am responding to right now).  I am pretty sure that the reason I can't see eye to eye with you on it is because I have never been insulted by Babe, Yazzer, or Bencherringtom.  Do you want to take a guess why that is?  Mine is that I don't really care to draw lines in the sand with people on an internet message board, and thus I don't find myself making enemies.  Thats your choice Pike, not mine.  Ask yourself:  what keeps the Babe's shenanigans going more:  me, who doesn't engage him on that level, or you, who takes the bait every freakin' time?  Its hilarious.  You cannot even see that it is YOU who provides the fuel that you accuse myself and others of providing.

[/QUOTE]

bingo! check & mate sir.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

Show me where I have responded to any posts by Babe, Yazzer, or Bencherringtom in the last two weeks. I've been ignoring them. However, everytime that I post they are there with their insults and one-liner nonsense..They

[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it Pike, but, you reap what you sow.

If you use the great majority of your posts to levy accusations and point fingers, and hardly any time talking baseball or being remotely civil, chances are that is the energy you are going to get back.

Basic golden rule type stuff.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

But you just said that I take the bait every time. How can that be true when I haven't responded to them in over two weeks. Yet they continue to spam your monitor and you don't care.

Who takes the bait from Softlaw and Georom every time. Spaceman.

[/QUOTE]

Guilty as charged pike.  Here is a distinction in methods of bait-taking Pike:  I take the bait with Softy and Georom because I like to engage in sometimes-contentious mostly-baseball-related back-and-forth with them, for different reasons.  But, beneath the sometimes contentious banter, I harbor no ill-will towards them, am civil with them, and they are civil in return.  It is actually very pleasant to engage with them here on the board.  There is no animosity, no disgust, and often there is fun.  

As for the spamming.  OK, if you say so.  But, call me blithe, call me what you will, i have no idea what you are talking about.  I can kind of spot threads that there is no point opening, and I dont open them.  I can also pretty quickly figure out when someone is being obtuse within a thread.  And you know what?  I ignore them.  I don't even need a button for it.

Pike, your reality is what you make it, and even more so on the internet.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

You say that you are aware that Softlaw and Georom are baiting you and by responding you are the puppet and they are pulling the strings. That is called enabling. They are no different than Babe but more articulate. It's your time and effort, enjoy yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I will do that.  And may you enjoy yourself with what you expend your time and effort on.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

aS dad WOULD SAY................"Son, you can always get your ball & come home" !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I vote me.