Poster of the year. 2012.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

Re: Poster of the year. 2012.

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I vote me.

[/QUOTE]

That will be the only vote for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Thank you everyone for all the love on page 3.  You guys are awesome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The votes have all been tallied. All votes for Moonslav 59 and Notin have been disregarded for reasons stated earlier. Also ,  anyone voting for themselves was  automatically disqualified. ( It is important to follow the rules )   The voting was so close and controversial that it had to be decided by that somewhat mysterious group known only as " They ."  " They " have ruled that the BDC 2012 Poster of the Year Award goes to Bill-806.  Bill's posts always generated numerous replies, some of them quite vitriolic.  Even then , he maintained a sense of humor and remained cordial and good natured to his critics.  He also is to be commended for his battles with the " ALL CAPS " police.  And , who could ever forget this past summer's riveting story of Forrest , Forrest Gump and Jenny Dell ?  In addition to that , Bill seems like a heck of good guy.  Bill-806 is the deserving winner.  Bill , expect BDC Dottie to present you with the trophy. Also , the winner's check is in the mail.  And , you may be receiving an invite to the White House for a meeting with the " Big O." Well , those things probably will not happen , but congratulations anyways , Bill. .  You are a darn good poster.  Dad would be proud.  As for the rest of you T-Ballers , thanks for your participation , and better luck in 2013.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Was Hoping To Get This Award, Just Kidding, Hope All Had A Greate Holiday Season..

Lets Go Sox, Pats, Celts.................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Show me where I have responded to any posts by Babe, Yazzer, or Bencherringtom in the last two weeks. I've been ignoring them. However, everytime that I post they are there with their insults and one-liner nonsense..They

[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it Pike, but, you reap what you sow.

If you use the great majority of your posts to levy accusations and point fingers, and hardly any time talking baseball or being remotely civil, chances are that is the energy you are going to get back.

Basic golden rule type stuff.

[/QUOTE]

Both Spaceman and SinceYaz (equally well loved and respected posters) have slapped pike this week with the truth. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Congrats Bill.  You are a great member of this forum.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Enchilada votes for Pumpsie-Green since he likes those booted off of talksox. That's why he identifies with Babe and Softlaw and the Yankee fraternity.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Pike, have you ever considered a career in manual labor such as becoming a shepherd? You could assume as many personalities as there are sheep in your flock that way. I have to admit that your many identities here strikes me as pathologic in some ways. Here is a suggestion: keep ONE identity here and talk about baseball and not about other posters this year. FWIW.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The votes have all been tallied. All votes for Moonslav 59 and Notin have been disregarded for reasons stated earlier. Also ,  anyone voting for themselves was  automatically disqualified. ( It is important to follow the rules )   The voting was so close and controversial that it had to be decided by that somewhat mysterious group known only as " They ."  " They " have ruled that the BDC 2012 Poster of the Year Award goes to Bill-806.  Bill's posts always generated numerous replies, some of them quite vitriolic.  Even then , he maintained a sense of humor and remained cordial and good natured to his critics.  He also is to be commended for his battles with the " ALL CAPS " police.  And , who could ever forget this past summer's riveting story of Forrest , Forrest Gump and Jenny Dell ?  In addition to that , Bill seems like a heck of good guy.  Bill-806 is the deserving winner.  Bill , expect BDC Dottie to present you with the trophy. Also , the winner's check is in the mail.  And , you may be receiving an invite to the White House for a meeting with the " Big O." Well , those things probably will not happen , but congratulations anyways , Bill. .  You are a darn good poster.  Dad would be proud.  As for the rest of you T-Ballers , thanks for your participation , and better luck in 2013.

[/QUOTE]Or SHUCKS, I feel sooooo HUMBLE....... If DAD was still with us, he would say.......  "SON, YOU CAN TELL A PERSON BY THE COMPANY THEY KEEP"  !!   And he sure would get a kick out of Al Gore's internet and the Baseball fans on it !!!!    Thanks guys, this board has provided a lot of fun........   And MOM would say......  "SON, I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU GOT YOUR IMAGINATION FROM, BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE NAVY"  !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Pumpsie, you strategy that GM Ben should completely rebuild makes sense to some people but I would bet my mortgage on the fact that if he had adopted that same strategy then you would have done an about face and said that he should spend on blue-chip FAs and traded the farm away. You are always anti Front office no matter what they do. Your act got tiring at talksox and you used too many childish nicknames and thus you got booted. 

[/QUOTE]

At least there is a morsel of baseball to discuss in this post rather than the boring drivel about some other board. No one really cares about that, least of all me. I stated what I thought should be done to bring the franchise back to respectability: restock the minors with great young talent, especially pitching talent, and sign an occasional ML star with a good clubhouse presence to fortify the roster. I admit that I used to believe that signing as many great FAs as possible was a road to success, but that has proven to be a poor strategy with many teams. I look at the Rays as a model for how success can be achieved. They are in it every year-though they have yet to win a ring, they have at least given themselves a chance to do so.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pumpsie, you strategy that GM Ben should completely rebuild makes sense to some people but I would bet my mortgage on the fact that if he had adopted that same strategy then you would have done an about face and said that he should spend on blue-chip FAs and traded the farm away. You are always anti Front office no matter what they do. Your act got tiring at talksox and you used too many childish nicknames and thus you got booted. 

[/QUOTE]

At least there is a morsel of baseball to discuss in this post rather than the boring drivel about some other board. No one really cares about that, least of all me. I stated what I thought should be done to bring the franchise back to respectability: restock the minors with great young talent, especially pitching talent, and sign an occasional ML star with a good clubhouse presence to fortify the roster. I admit that I used to believe that signing as many great FAs as possible was a road to success, but that has proven to be a poor strategy with many teams. I look at the Rays as a model for how success can be achieved. They are in it every year-though they have yet to win a ring, they have at least given themselves a chance to do so.

[/QUOTE]

The Rays?

Yeah cuz they have the bucks to go out and just pillage the FA market. You make no sense here either pumpsiegreen.

[/QUOTE]

The Rays have developed a great minor league system that is full of ML ready players. Look at all the pitchers who have come out of their farm system. Longoria is also a product of their farm system. They are in the playoffs every year now and at least have a shot at a ring. If they had the money we have they would be able to go out and supplement their roster and be a serious ring contender every year.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This was Theo's philosophy for much of his tenure here and now you finally come around to agreeing with him. It is also Ben's strategy but he had to fill many holes at once this winter and could not do so from within since the prospects are not yet ready. So Ben had to go out and overpay in order to get free agent to sign for 2-3 years. Sure it would be preferable to sign them for 1-2 yrs. but that was not possible.

You had the wrong strategy in the past ( sign as many expensive FAs as possible) and you admit it. Kudos to you for admitting it. By the way most of the forum agreed with you back then since the name of the game on this forum is to play GM and agreeing with the GM is called Theo apologists, bootlickers, and pollyanna-ism. I agreed with the Theo strategy because it was reasonable and logical and not because I chose sides.

[/QUOTE]

Theo left the team with long term expensive contracts and made some very serious errors in judgement about which FAs to sign-Lackey, Gagne, Lugo, Crawford etc etc. He did not have good execution of his strategy, if you believe that his strategy was to fortify the farm system-which now lacks sufficient pitching help for the Red Sox. As for the colorful language you cited in reference to other posters, those are not words I use very often here or elsewhere. It does little to stimulate interesting discussions, does it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

This is the official voting form for the coveted 2012 BDC " Poster of the Year"  Award.  The nominees are :  1 - DGalehouse .   2- Softlaw .  3- Bill 806.  4- Schumpeter's Ghost.  5- J-Bay.  6-  Edith.  7- Yoshimi 25.  8 - Jim Davis.  9- Harness.  10 - BDC Dottie.    ( You may also cast a write in vote for the poster of your choice )   The rules are : 1- You may not vote for yourself. 2 - You may not vote more than once.  3- The deceased are not permitted to vote. ( This is not Chicago )  Okay , get out and vote. It is your right , your privilege and your duty.   Cast your ballot today.

[/QUOTE]

As much as I admire Moon, JoeB, J-Bay, Notin, Spaceman, Promise 4U, JiminFl and several others, I don't think I can vote for a favorite for the '12 season.  Just cuz of the season.

Yoshi - maybe, just because she's willing to (propose to) marry any Sox who HRs...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]In the SPIRIT of TRANSPARENCY may we all come together for a "kinda & gentler" give & take on our beloved Red Sox board......  Let's all take a page from the "BIG O" on how we talk with each other, even though we may "say one thing & do another" !!!  The 2013 season will soon be on us and the gates of Fenway will soon be open with the smell of hotdogs & beer   in the air once again........  And YES, may you have $$$ leftover from the "BIG O's" TAX PACKAGE  to enjoy the season at the FEN's with your family............  SIGNED:  Your 2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR,  Mr. BILL-806................

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well done...as annoying as 806 generally is, you did sum up his good qualties well...the "dad would be proud" and invite to the White house just kills me...

yeah, obviously Moonslav and Notin...gotta say i like Jesseyeric's stuff as well, for a bloody (not the word I chose, censored) Yankee fan...Snakeoil always brings a hard game, Spaceman, Drewski, tough to start naming folks, plenty out there after the DQ'ed moon and notin...lots of good posters here......a couple of kooks...they probably work for the globe...

great thread...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to elvis-surfs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well done...as annoying as 806 generally is, you did sum up his good qualties well...the "dad would be proud" and invite to the White house just kills me...

yeah, obviously Moonslav and Notin...gotta say i like Jesseyeric's stuff as well, for a bloody (not the word I chose, censored) Yankee fan...Snakeoil always brings a hard game, Spaceman, Drewski, tough to start naming folks, plenty out there after the DQ'ed moon and notin...lots of good posters here......a couple of kooks...they probably work for the globe...

great thread...

[/QUOTE]Like Congress, they are all good people.......  However, I won the election and the voters have spoken.....  I have a MANDATE, ya know , elections have CONSEQUENCES !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to elvis-surfs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

great thread...

[/QUOTE]Like Congress, they are all good people.......  However, I won the election and the voters have spoken.....  I have a MANDATE, ya know , elections have CONSEQUENCES !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations Bill.....I am sure that in the upcoming year your term as poster of the year will bring positive changes to this board. Good luck!