Re: Poster of the Year Award

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I nominate:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

tHATS A VERY LIMITED list ????  At 1st blush they look to be some of our more  P C  posters ??     I think that "our founders" would point that out !!!    Just saying ..........  Also, as DAD would say ..............  "SON, how do you go from the 2012 poster of the year  (thanks 2004IDIO) to not even being nominated in 2013" ?????

This isn't the "Time Man of the Year" award.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

southpaw777 - one of the most rounded posters on the board IMO. uses stats, has a very good grasp on the unquantifiable parts of baseball as well as the business side.

Yes. He deserves to be on the list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

I nominate:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

I nominate every poster on here who took time to post and get involved in this forum. Without all of us this site would be useless . So why pick and choose who should be . Like the sox last year this is a team effort not about this poster or that poster. To all who posted on here the award goes to everyone for another great year .

Agreed!  Everyone must get a trophy.....  My self-esteem just can't handle this.  ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

southpaw777 - one of the most rounded posters on the board IMO. uses stats, has a very good grasp on the unquantifiable parts of baseball as well as the business side.

+1.

Also hugh and jasko.  But the guy who makes me think and re-think the most when I read his posts is BMav

OK, so...

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

southpaw77

jasko

hugh

BMav

Icecream

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I nominate Miscricket

Second that! 

I'd place jackbu as The most wrong about Ortiz poster. 

;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I nominate:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

tHATS A VERY LIMITED list ????  At 1st blush they look to be some of our more  P C  posters ??     I think that "our founders" would point that out !!!    Just saying ..........  Also, as DAD would say ..............  "SON, how do you go from the 2012 poster of the year  (thanks 2004IDIO) to not even being nominated in 2013" ?????

This isn't the "Time Man of the Year" award.

CoolMoney MouthLaughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

I nominate:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

I nominate every poster on here who took time to post and get involved in this forum. Without all of us this site would be useless . So why pick and choose who should be . Like the sox last year this is a team effort not about this poster or that poster. To all who posted on here the award goes to everyone for another great year .

Agreed!  Everyone must get a trophy.....  My self-esteem just can't handle this.  ;)

On the other hand, you could go all Groucho Marx about it and say "I wouldnt' want to win an award from a group that would give me an award." Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Should I DARE ..........  "MR SOFTLAW"    ??????

Bill, 

Softlaw gets the "USELESS TROLL" of the year award for his year of idiotic posts. If I remember back to 2012 your anointed him poster of the year which of course only you agreed to over everybody elses laughter. 

As for poster of the year award, I'd go with many of the suggestions but add that the entire group less only a few deserve my award for lots of great contributions which I certainly appreciate since I rarely see Sox games out here in Milwaukee. It is only because of the many posters here that I'm able to keep abreast of Boston's sports scene. So here is my award to the vast majority of my friends. Thank you and a Very Happy New Year in 2014. 

Hetch

Hetch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I nominate Miscricket

Why thank you :-)

I am counting the days til spring training...but am generally taking the off season off from the Sox forum.

As far as my nominations..if the criteria was the amount of responses and attention their threads get I would have to nominate JackBu and Bill806. How long did that 71 games thread last? Almost 2 years and even after the OP got deleted ( why I'll never figure out) people continued to comment on it and bump it up. That is pretty impressive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

i would also include Boom and Hugh as honorable mentions for their wealth of knowledge on prospects

I agree.  I particularly appreciate Hugh's comments on the minor leagues.  Unfortunately, the numerical analyses that I like doing reveals a lot less for prospects than for major league players.  I also appreciate his honesty when even our higher rated guys are less than they are rated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

I nominate Miscricket

Second that! 

I'd place jackbu as The most wrong about Ortiz poster. 

;)

Another vote? Thank you! I think soxchamps that you are in the early running for political poster of 2014.

You still have to give props to that 71 Games thread. It was....wait for it...wait for it....Legendary!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I nominate Miscricket

I like them because every time I read the name, I think I'm reading miscreant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I nominate Miscricket

Why thank you :-)

I am counting the days til spring training...but am generally taking the off season off from the Sox forum.

As far as my nominations..if the criteria was the amount of responses and attention their threads get I would have to nominate JackBu and Bill806. How long did that 71 games thread last? Almost 2 years and even after the OP got deleted ( why I'll never figure out) people continued to comment on it and bump it up. That is pretty impressive.

I'd give jackbu a nomination for taking a ribbing and keep on going. I enjoyed my time spent on that thread, and I'll admit to gloating over Ortiz's tremendous success. 

Bill- you're a good sport too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I nominate Miscricket

I like them because every time I read the name, I think I'm reading miscreant.

Hey.... ;-))

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

I appreciate everyone who takes time to add constructively to this board. Like Hetch, I am pretty far removed from Boston, so I value the input. I note that Raider and others frequently quote articles that I would have otherwise missed, and it is really great to log on and be able to catch up on Sox news quickly. I also appreciated the detailed analysis from Jid at Spring Training. Look forward to those reports in 2014.

Point is that I value everyone's input here. Despite the best predictions from those on this board, who would have predicted a 2013 World Series win?

Happy New Year everyone, and looking forward to 2014

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

southpaw77

jasko

hugh

BMav

Icecream

tough call, all good posters

much easier back in 76 when we all could agree

on the poster of the year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

No, everyone should not get a trophy, and if you agree with that, well, you have something in common with Bill and Dad. As for the slate of nominees, all fine candidates, I'm sure. Let me take Moon off the list, he's more than qualified, and knows more about the Sox than I do, certainly, and he's more dedicated than I am too, but, his obsession with Softlaw being wrong is, I'm afraid a character flaw that blocks his path to the award. See, the thing is, we all know Softflaw is wrong, so enough. HFX, good poster, probably a great poster, but his posts are so vanilla,( to me) I can't remember one. Beantowne, good stuff, cheap. Notin, on point, and funny, and that's worth a lot in my book, but sometimes cruel. He's the smartest guy in the room, and will make sure you know it. So that leaves JoeBreidy, yes it does, so what's wrong with having a guy that's smart, funny, and realistic? Nothing!  Plus, I think he challenged GeoRom to put up or shut up, and he won that too. Virginia goes for Breidy! 

P.S. I'd put Hugh and Southpaw on the slate if I could.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

southpaw77

jasko

hugh

BMav

Icecream

where is the "love" button?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

southpaw77

jasko

hugh

BMav

Icecream

Great poster, but I was always more of a Cheryl Tiegs guy when it came to 1970s posters (used to have her on the back of the bedroom door of her in a bikini that was hot) and I was more of a Cheryl Ladd guy when it came to Charlie's Angels.

(Had a thing for Cheryl's in my teen years I guess.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

No, everyone should not get a trophy, and if you agree with that, well, you have something in common with Bill and Dad. As for the slate of nominees, all fine candidates, I'm sure. Let me take Moon off the list, he's more than qualified, and knows more about the Sox than I do, certainly, and he's more dedicated than I am too, but, his obsession with Softlaw being wrong is, I'm afraid a character flaw that blocks his path to the award. See, the thing is, we all know Softflaw is wrong, so enough. HFX, good poster, probably a great poster, but his posts are so vanilla,( to me) I can't remember one. Beantowne, good stuff, cheap. Notin, on point, and funny, and that's worth a lot in my book, but sometimes cruel. He's the smartest guy in the room, and will make sure you know it. So that leaves JoeBreidy, yes it does, so what's wrong with having a guy that's smart, funny, and realistic? Nothing!  Plus, I think he challenged GeoRom to put up or shut up, and he won that too. Virginia goes for Breidy! 

With all due respect to Joe Breidy, I do not think he deserves the award. Though he has improved of late, his propensity to identify certain individuals here that he assumes are wrong at the outset regardless of what they write and are fair game to ridicule eliminates him from the other fine posters on the list who have no such targets. Just my opinion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Updated list:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

southpaw77

jasko

hugh

BMav

Icecream

Miscricket

Jackbu

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Updated list:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

southpaw77

jasko

hugh

BMav

Icecream

Miscricket

Jackbu

Can't I get a trophy too? I'd like to think I battled jackbu pretty well on all things Ortiz :-) LOL

I'd settle for the biggest PIA award :-))

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

With all due respect to Joe Breidy, I do not think he deserves the award. Though he has improved of late, his propensity to identify certain individuals here that he assumes are wrong at the outset regardless of what they write and are fair game to ridicule eliminates him from the other fine posters on the list who have no such targets. Just my opinion.

No idea, what you are talking about, which probably shows how much I was paying attention to the board  this year. There was too much negativity, and I found other ways to waste some time, the chatroom was an excellent way to do that without all the nonsense trolls, i might add. Now, if we only had the "The most Interesting Poster of the Year" award, I'd nominate you, Pumpsie!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Updated list:

hfxsoxnut

joebreidy

beantown

notin

southpaw77

jasko

hugh

BMav

Icecream

Miscricket

Jackbu

You forgot your own name. In addition, you can add Soxnewmex, Billge, RSProspects, Ampoule, JBay, Judgef, S5, MEF, Flapjack, Roy, Raider, Hill55, Jete....and a few others. All these people are good posters.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

No idea, what you are talking about, which probably shows how much I was paying attention to the board  this year. There was too much negativity, and I found other ways to waste some time, the chatroom was an excellent way to do that without all the nonsense trolls, i might add. Now, if we only had the "The most Interesting Poster of the Year" award, I'd nominate you, Pumpsie!

Awe shucks Youk (blushing). Here is what happened midyear: Breidey (who can feel free to add his input too) stated here that there are three posters here that he automatically assumes are wrong and that he is right about whatever they wrote. I know I was one of them; I think Georom may have been another (or DGalehouse) and a third who I cannot recall. He went on to say that these three are fair game for ridicule whenever he sees fit to do so. That lacks objectivity since he is not right all the time; sometimes even WE are right. And to feel free to ridicule ANY poster here brings the board down a notch. No one here deserves ridicule. You either debate someone or you just ignore them. In fairness to Breidey, he has improved over the past several months and has been able to have a reasonable dialogue with anyone here. However, the award is for ALL of 2013.

Sections
Shortcuts