Poster of the Year Award

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Poster of the Year Award

In response to tvfrank's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Ok fellas.....  break it up.

I am going to have to put an end to this topic & come out as Poster of the Year.

One of my personalities recently outed us / me as actually being Billy, Stiffy, & 67.  My Pikey personality went & spilled the beans, thus outing himself / me.  Yes!  I admit it.  I am in fact all 4.

Given this startling revelation, I think it's clear who the Poster of the Year is.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen.  My competition was excellent!  You all deserve a great deal of praise.  Please, don't fight this, or I will be forced to take over your personality, & nobody wants that! 

;)

Because i don't have a 'personality,' I will disregard your threat.

Not to worry tvfrank, I will likely give you one soon.  Sorry I've ignored your persona in my little virtual world.  It gets very busy controlling all these characters.  Do you have any idea how much time it takes just being Moon?

p.s.  I am Sparticus!  Poster of the Year ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:

Ok fellas.....  break it up.

I am going to have to put an end to this topic & come out as Poster of the Year.

One of my personalities recently outed us / me as actually being Billy, Stiffy, & 67.  My Pikey personality went & spilled the beans, thus outing himself / me.  Yes!  I admit it.  I am in fact all 4.

Given this startling revelation, I think it's clear who the Poster of the Year is.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen.  My competition was excellent!  You all deserve a great deal of praise.  Please, don't fight this, or I will be forced to take over your personality, & nobody wants that! 

;)

Because i don't have a 'personality,' I will disregard your threat.

Not to worry tvfrank, I will likely give you one soon.  Sorry I've ignored your persona in my little virtual world.  It gets very busy controlling all these characters.  Do you have any idea how much time it takes just being Moon?

p.s.  I am Sparticus!  Poster of the Year ;)

More like Agador Sparticus. Wink

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And the winner is...

Timeless...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I nominate Jose Tavares

I don't care.

Tongue Out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I nominate Jose Tavares

I don't care.

Tongue Out

i don't care that you don't care Tongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

If nominated (not that I would be) I will not run.

If elected (even less likely) I will not serve.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

hey AB...long time!!..Happy New Year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

If I had made a list jete which I never would because it's silly to single out just a few you would have been on it.  Always a gentleman, fair and can handlle both sides of an arguement with respect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I call for a tie ...

Moon is too modest but certainly extraordinary ....

Southpaw

JBay

Spaceman

HFX

JoeB

shucks ... too many good fellas

Not too mention the Farah reference.

And we got to have the pleasure of this in the backdrop of the Championship season ...

Moon, thanks again

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Happy New Year, jete. You are a true gentleman. All the best to you and your family.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

I call for a tie ...

Moon is too modest but certainly extraordinary ....

Southpaw

JBay

Spaceman

HFX

JoeB

shucks ... too many good fellas

Not too mention the Farah reference.

And we got to have the pleasure of this in the backdrop of the Championship season ...

Moon, thanks again

All kidding aside, SY, You'd be a better candidate than most.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to youkillus' comment:

HFX, good poster, probably a great poster, but his posts are so vanilla,( to me) I can't remember one.

Vanilla?  OUCH.

Man, there's always a downside in life, even when you get nominated for a prestigious honor like this...Wink

Dude, you're an accountant.  It is part of the job description.  I have a degree on the wall behind me that say Masters of Vanilla Accounting or something like that.  IIRC, that might've been a one credit course.  We had a call a couple of month's ago where I said 'let me explain how it works', and everyone, in unison, all said no, no, no.  And this was an international call.  It had to be rehearsed.  They couldn't possibly all yell no no at the same time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Crap, how did we forget Spaceman?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Dude, you're an accountant.  It is part of the job description.  I have a degree on the wall behind me that say Masters of Vanilla Accounting or something like that.  IIRC, that might've been a one credit course.  We had a call a couple of month's ago where I said 'let me explain how it works', and everyone, in unison, all said no, no, no.  And this was an international call.  It had to be rehearsed.  They couldn't possibly all yell no no at the same time.

Little do they know how crazy most of us accountants really are, huh, Joe?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Crap, how did we forget Spaceman?

One of the all time greats.

No votes from me. Too many to mention.  Most who post here, are worth the read. Thanks everyone, for making the forum what it is. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Five pages and no one thought to ask ...

What does the winner win?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

24 hours in a padded cell with Pike.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Slasher sends them his complete collection of pictures.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I was wrong about all four of those comments. And many more, no doubt. However, if you and I disagree it does not mean that you are right and I am wrong every time (no, I am not going to go back searching for examples) nor does it mean that I am right and you are wrong. Sometimes neither of us is right because its a matter of opinion rather than a matter of fact. And as I wrote NO ONE deserves to be "ridiculed" here (=speech or action intended to causecontemptuous laughter at a person or thing; derision; Toridiculeis to make fun of,either sportively and good-humoredly,or unkindly with the intention ofhumiliating. ) Debated, sure. Or ignored. I stand by that opinion and although we have actually had some civil discussions of late, probably because both of us have toned it down, I think that whole exchange brought the board down a notch. Other posters have managed to avoid doing that entirely.

There are a couple of different philosophical points here, so don't take this personally.

1-I'm not in the habit of ridiculing people.  I'm fine if someone wants to sign Drew and I am fine if they would prefer Bogaerts.  Both are fine choices that could be argued either way.

I am less fine if someone calls Drew a terrible offensive player.  He isn't.  He is well above average for a SS.  The poster then needs to be corrected, though maybe not ridiculed.

The last rung of the ladder is when someone ridicules our #1 pick as a slow-footed OF, when the guy is a pitcher.  If someone posts something negative about the RS, when they have no idea of what they are talking about, they need to be ridiculed.  it is really in their best interest.  Your opinion should be a thing of value.  If someone says you can stick your hand in a fire without getting hurt, that opinion needs to be ridiculed.  When one of my friends said that he could drive just as good drunk as sober, the opinion needed to be ridiculed.

2-You have to get used to the idea of a hierarchy.  My opinion of the medical field is not as good as yours.  My understanding of statistics was not as good as 30 Something/Val.  My understanding of our prospects is not as good as Hugh's.  I don't feel bad about it.  I don't feel a loss of self-esteem.  It is what it is.  The fact that I can sit here and try to understand what they are saying is exciting to me.

3--As Luguna mentioned, the reason why I will almost always be right when we disagree is because I allow myself to be pro and anti any given move.  It is akin to being an independent in a discussion where your opponent supports the far left or the far right 100% of the time.  The person allowing themselves two options will always out-think the person allowing themselves one option.

It doesn't make me any smarter.  It's just that when you always take the anti-Red Sox side, I will always have an advantage.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts