Poster of the Year Award

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Poster of the Year Award

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thirtysomething was a tremendous poster.  Maybe the only one who provided more info than the also departed fivekatz...

[/QUOTE]

Fivekatz is another great call.  I never had the chance to interact with him much, mostly because I usually agreed with him, but I remember being impressed with his posts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hey Kimmi and Beans..when Jess first left the board he had some family stuff going on..he did drop in shortly before and after G6 of the WS...like you, i certainly miss Jess..

[/QUOTE]

Hi Jetes, I remember reading something about Jessey having family stuff to take care of.  I hope he comes back soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

RedSoxKimmi should be high on this list too, of course...her profile just gets a little low here sometimes from not posting for a while.  Like she's got a life or something. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Damn those people who have a life.  Where do they go? What do they do?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I call for a tie ...

Moon is too modest but certainly extraordinary ....

Southpaw

JBay

Spaceman

HFX

JoeB

shucks ... too many good fellas

Not too mention the Farah reference.

And we got to have the pleasure of this in the backdrop of the Championship season ...

Moon, thanks again

[/QUOTE]

All kidding aside, SY, You'd be a better candidate than most.

[/QUOTE]

Heh!  Let's never do that, friend!  I am just pleased that we do have some - several - truely good posters to choose from.  In false modesty, I would have to decline, since I have been so absent this off season.   Not sure if it is cuz of being so busy or ... so content.  Is that a word that could EVER be applied to a long term Sox fan?  (Mellow?   Whatever...)

[/QUOTE]

No worries, friend. If you visit my "Top Posters?" thread you will see what I think of the whole idea. There aren't any. Either that or we all are. This is supposedly a community and everyone here is just as important as everyone else. Or no one is important at all.

Pacem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Really, all this poster of the year stuff is a "good filler of time" as we try & stay warm & dream of spring training 2014......  That said, as the 2012 poster of the year (thanks 2004IDIO) I would like to take a minute or two to post my 2014 poster  of the year......  1st of all, "as a group, we have many outstanding posters" that makes coming to this board FUN, and yes we have a few weak links that need to be taken to task from time to time...........  But to me, (B-806) I am thrilled to say that my poster of the year is my DAD as he is the individual that has had sooooo much to do with B-806's baseball experience from the 1950's thru today .......  I will always cherish his words of wisdom for not only the game of baseball but also the "game of life" !!! so I will leave you all with this ......   As DAD would say.......   "SON, this baseball board is a lot of FUN, enjoy it, but never let it get too SERIOUS" !!!!!!

Geez, Bill... Just when I've about given up on you, you go and post something like this.

As 67 said: "All our dads belong on that list."

Also agree with Kingface. Tebows all around. For our Dads.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Really, all this poster of the year stuff is a "good filler of time" as we try & stay warm & dream of spring training 2014......  That said, as the 2012 poster of the year (thanks 2004IDIO) I would like to take a minute or two to post my 2014 poster  of the year......  1st of all, "as a group, we have many outstanding posters" that makes coming to this board FUN, and yes we have a few weak links that need to be taken to task from time to time...........  But to me, (B-806) I am thrilled to say that my poster of the year is my DAD as he is the individual that has had sooooo much to do with B-806's baseball experience from the 1950's thru today .......  I will always cherish his words of wisdom for not only the game of baseball but also the "game of life" !!! so I will leave you all with this ......   As DAD would say.......   "SON, this baseball board is a lot of FUN, enjoy it, but never let it get too SERIOUS" !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Geez, Bill... Just when I've about given up on you, you go and post something like this.

[/QUOTE]

Really the good thing about threads like this is the names it dredges up that were really solid contributors whose viewpoints gave a lot of people just that much more insight.   As for the whole "Poster of the Year", I think of it as a running joke.  It's not like we have a banquet and trophy.  But being reminded about the solid contributions of people like fivekatz, thirtysomething and harness is worth it to me...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]i KNOW what you mean ....... Thank you (I do surprise myself once & a while)......  All the DADS would get a kick out of how we spend so much back & forth time on this board in the name of our beloved Red Sox !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really the good thing about threads like this is the names it dredges up that were really solid contributors whose viewpoints gave a lot of people just that much more insight.   As for the whole "Poster of the Year", I think of it as a running joke.  It's not like we have a banquet and trophy.  But being reminded about the solid contributions of people like fivekatz, thirtysomething and harness is worth it to me...

[/QUOTE]

Notin..I feel the same way. Threads like this lighthearted one are so important. When the season starts I am sure there will be many disagreements as there should be. It's all part of discussion and debate and..well ..the fun of this forum.

Heck..even I recieved a nomination and I take it in the humorous was it was meant. Same with those that I nominated. For sure..there are some rock star posters here and one of the reasons I try to make a point to come here is that  I learn so much from them. No doubt we all have our favorite players or those we don't like so much..but at the end of the day our love of baseball and our Sox is the glue that unites us. I really think Bill hit it out of the park with what the game is all about. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Notin..I feel the same way. Threads like this lighthearted one are so important. When the season starts I am sure there will be many disagreements as there should be. It's all part of discussion and debate and..well ..the fun of this forum.

Heck..even I recieved a nomination and I take it in the humorous was it was meant. Same with those that I nominated. For sure..there are some rock star posters here and one of the reasons I try to make a point to come here is that  I learn so much from them. No doubt we all have our favorite players or those we don't like so much..but at the end of the day our love of baseball and our Sox is the glue that unites us. I really think Bill hit it out of the park with what the game is all about. 

[/QUOTE]aLL THE GIRLS think that Bill-806 is a "home run "  !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL bill, you are a rock star in my book!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL bill, you are a rock star in my book!

[/QUOTE]

Bill.. LOVE that you are posting in the political forum! Keep up the good work!

Sections
Shortcuts