Posters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Posters

Moon after 35,500+ posts you should expect some ridicule.

I expect it and get it often. I love a good debate, as long as the other person is debating me and not some strawman construct he thinks I am.

I have posted thousands of positions, suggestions, ideas, and projections over the years. Of course, I expect to be criticized and reminded when I am/was wrong. At times, I have regretted ridiculing others, and mostly have apologized when exposed or noticed myself that I went too far. I have admitted more mistakes than most of this board combined. With all the positions I've posted over the years, I've probably had more wrong positions than anyone but softy, but I think in the long run, I've come out OK.

I love the Sox and miss having people around me to discuss them, since I moved to Mexico in 2004 and then Sugar Land, TX in 2007. This is my Sox fix. This and watching every play of every game since I returned from college in 1981.

Sox4ever

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

1) softy was not my imagination and neither are you.

2) Thick skin could be cancerous.

3) Tolerance is a word hijacked by the left of which I have been accused of being part of.

4) It's my stalker who is taking things too seriously.

Moonslav, In all seriousness, it is all in good fun. I am not a stalker.  I am not taking anything here seriously at all. Neither should you or anyone else. If you are taking anything personally , you are mistaken. If you want me to not respond to any of your posts, just tell me. I am not looking to offend anyone. If you don't want me to respond, then I won't.  I thought it was an interesting back and forth, but if you don't want to continue, it is fine with me. I see many examples on this forum of posters being truly obnoxious toward other posters. I don't do that. For some reason, I rub you the wrong way. Honestly, you don't have to put me on ignore. Just tell me to abstain from responding to you , and I will comply.

I have only put one poster on ignore over all my years here: softy- for about 3 weeks until he changed his moniker. I have never reported anyone for censorship.

I don't mind debating anyone as long as they don't misrepresent my positions, especially after pointing out that they are doing so.

You mistook my position on Ellsbury's injury issue. Even after I clearly showed that I am nothing more than a "litttle concerned" about his health, you kept on bringing up a post of mine taken out of context and not looking at the whole statement.

I'm fine with people disagreeing with me- even vehemently, but when they claim my position means something other than what I said, then I tend to get personal. Go back and read your inital posts about me on the two recent threads. It sounded personal and did not reflect my position. When I mistakenly attributed a position to you that was not yours, I immediately said I was wrong and sorry. You keep sticking to a story that is not true. If you continue doing things like that, then perhaps, I will stop communicating. Otherwise, I'm fine continuing debating different aspects of our favorite team and the players on that team.

Sox4ever

Okay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Put it this way: if you get yourself thrown out of this place, you really had it coming to you.

ouch

[/QUOTE]

Permanently, zac, I meant permanently.  You're still here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Put it this way: if you get yourself thrown out of this place, you really had it coming to you.

ouch

Unfortunately, no one can be banned permanently from here. Repeatedly, yes, but not permanently. They do not have the capability to ban by IP address, only by email address. So those who are banned can get a new email address and return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Speaking honestly , I really don't care.

I come here for a little entertainment at lunchtime.

If I get annoyed, I just log off.

Like I am going to do right now.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

there aren't many of us with only 1 account here. 

both softy & pike will be back with a new witty name.  it's only a matter of time.  unless something tragic happened to them in the real world. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I guess he means ME. As I called him out on his patting himself on the back because of his many years of baseball knowledge and how he knew that the come from behind loss by the RS would have a long lasting effect and could ruin the whole road trip. Then when they lost to Weaver he crowed how he was right.

They did lose two more but both were hard fought and the RS showed NO ill effects of the "devastating loss". BTW most disagreed with him and he also back tracked on his "long lasting effect".

Even stepped out of the debate ("This is my last post on this matter") with me and others after getting called out for being wrong and being so egotistical in his openning statement..

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I guess he means ME. As I called him out on his patting himself on the back because of his many years of baseball knowledge and how he knew that the come from behind loss by the RS would have a long lasting effect and could ruin the whole road trip. Then when they lost to Weaver he crowed how he was right.

They did lose two more but both were hard fought and the RS showed NO ill effects of the "devastating loss". BTW most disagreed with him and he also back tracked on his "long lasting effect".

Even stepped out of the debate ("This is my last post on this matter") with me and others after getting called out for being wrong and being so egotistical in his openning statement..

Big Jim,  Why come on this thread and offer nothing but another cheap shot at me?  This post had absolutely nothing to do with you. I already replied to your criticism on the other thread. There is nothing more to add. I don't want to keep repeating myself. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

there aren't many of us with only 1 account here. . 

If this is true I guess I am most definitely in the minority here. 

So someone please explain the allure of having more than one account.  Do you actually think that you have so much to add to the conversation that one person can't say it all?  Are you trying to fool some of the posters here into thinking that you have more support for a position than you actually have?  Or do you think you're just being "cute" and feeling superior? 

I just don't get it.  So help me, ok?  (If you can do it with a straight face) .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Big Jim,  Why come on this thread and offer nothing but another cheap shot at me?  This post had absolutely nothing to do with you. I already replied to your criticism on the other thread. There is nothing more to add. I don't want to keep repeating myself. [/QUOTE]

You write this after being called out by me and others based upon your comments. You back tracked and never said you were wrong after crowing about the two losses after one loss and gave NO credit to Weaver. You fully tried to defend your incorrect belief that one loss would demoralize the team for the whole trip. You also demeaned others by saying that because you had many years of baseball experience as if none of us have as much or more knowledge.

So despite you saying it is not about what happened on that thread it is about that thread because every thing you said in this OP is that thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Big Jim,  Why come on this thread and offer nothing but another cheap shot at me?  This post had absolutely nothing to do with you. I already replied to your criticism on the other thread. There is nothing more to add. I don't want to keep repeating myself. [/QUOTE]

You write this after being called out by me and others based upon your comments. You back tracked and never said you were wrong after crowing about the two losses after one loss and gave NO credit to Weaver. You fully tried to defend your incorrect belief that one loss would demoralize the team for the whole trip. You also demeaned others by saying that because you had many years of baseball experience as if none of us have as much or more knowledge.

So despite you saying it is not about what happened on that thread it is about that thread because every thing you said in this OP is that thread.

[/QUOTE]

I think you are getting a little too carried away. This thread was basically about how some posters are continually vilified. And how every poster has something to offer to the success and enjoyment of the forum. And about just live and let live and have some fun on here. If you insist on thinking it is about what you want it to be , feel free to do it. I am not looking to have any feuds with others. Maybe you are. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Amazing.  dgalehouse makes a preposterous prediction--that the Sox would collapse after that 9th inning Angels rally that cost a win-- and then objects and calls it "name-calling" if anyone disagrees with him. 

Sorry, buster, but I believe in free speech.  I used to complain about softlaw, but then stopped because even he had a "right" (whatever that is) to be heard and ignored.  I still find bill-806 irritating, but what the heck.  We ain't all alike. 

As for jimfromflorida, he is clearly one of our more sensible posters.  Better than me, anyway. 

Like dgalehouse, I have been prone in the past (and will not doubt in the future) to making outlandish and negative predictions about the Sox.  But, unlike dgalehouse, I not only don't mind being chastised for my mistakes, but actually celebrate them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

ouch

Unfortunately, no one can be banned permanently from here. Repeatedly, yes, but not permanently. They do not have the capability to ban by IP address, only by email address. So those who are banned can get a new email address and return.

[/QUOTE]

Actually you CAN ban an IP addy. Problem is, you can go online and change it pretty easily and post again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Amazing.  dgalehouse makes a preposterous prediction--that the Sox would collapse after that 9th inning Angels rally that cost a win-- and then objects and calls it "name-calling" if anyone disagrees with him. 

Sorry, buster, but I believe in free speech.  I used to complain about softlaw, but then stopped because even he had a "right" (whatever that is) to be heard and ignored.  I still find bill-806 irritating, but what the heck.  We ain't all alike. 

As for jimfromflorida, he is clearly one of our more sensible posters.  Better than me, anyway. 

Like dgalehouse, I have been prone in the past (and will not doubt in the future) to making outlandish and negative predictions about the Sox.  But, unlike dgalehouse, I not only don't mind being chastised for my mistakes, but actually celebrate them. 

This started back on the Contrarian thread.  I said that the blown four run lead in the ninth was demoralizing and could have a carry over effect on the trip.  They did go on to lose that game and the next two games. Then they rebounded , maybe a little sooner than I expected. I gave them credit for that. Nowhere did I say or think that it was a devastating loss that would lead to collapse. Frankly , I am getting tired of defending this. What is truly "  preposterous " is claiming that I wanted the Sox to lose and was happy when they did. I might add that I have no interest in your evaluation of me or other posters.  You guys have hi jacked this thread to try and prolong your animosity about my opinion on the effect of a blown save on the other thread. It is not uncommon for many in baseball to believe that blown saves are demoralizing. Time to move on. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

ouch

Actually you CAN ban an IP addy. Problem is, you can go online and change it pretty easily and post again.

Other forums ban people by IP address, but I was told that they do not do that here. Furthermore, while I am no IT wizard (I reserve my wizardry to baseball), I don't think its that easy to change an IP address. Its like your home address. Unless you call your ISP and ask them to change it, I am not aware of another easy way to do it. I read somewhere (I think in the newspaper in a computer column) that what I wrote is the truth: its not so easy to change an IP address. But again, this is not my area.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to S5's comment:

So someone please explain the allure of having more than one account.  Do you actually think that you have so much to add to the conversation that one person can't say it all?  Are you trying to fool some of the posters here into thinking that you have more support for a position than you actually have?  Or do you think you're just being "cute" and feeling superior? 

I just don't get it.  So help me, ok?  (If you can do it with a straight face) .

I doubt that most people have several usernames. I have had only one since the beginning. Like you I do not understand the allure of having more than one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Wow THANK YOU for the compliment I do try

BTW never banned and same handle for as long as I have been here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Having " good guys " and " bad guys " creates more interest, controversy and more activity on the board. There is nothing wrong with that.  I agree that there is no need for personal insults.

Stabbed by Foulke.

It kind of depends on whether the poster is trying to make a point, or just be annoying.

I think Softlaw is a bright guy, but my guess is he is on meds of some type.  He can't go a week without mentioning Wakefield.  He's probably started more 'trade Ells' than the other 299,999,999 people in this country.

Then you have posters like Geo criticizing our pick of Trey Ball, because he is a worse outfielder than Gomes.  Posts like that have to be ridiculed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Having " good guys " and " bad guys " creates more interest, controversy and more activity on the board. There is nothing wrong with that.  I agree that there is no need for personal insults.

Stabbed by Foulke.

It kind of depends on whether the poster is trying to make a point, or just be annoying.

I think Softlaw is a bright guy, but my guess is he is on meds of some type.  He can't go a week without mentioning Wakefield.  He's probably started more 'trade Ells' than the other 299,999,999 people in this country.

Then you have posters like Geo criticizing our pick of Trey Ball, because he is a worse outfielder than Gomes.  Posts like that have to be ridiculed.

[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing , but Trey Ball would be a great name for a shooting guard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing , but Trey Ball would be a great name for a shooting guard.

[/QUOTE]

Best nickname for a 2-guard from the ABA-Travis 'Machine Gun' Grant, and he had machine gun like attributes.

FWIW, 3-ball was a popular pool game in the local pub on the off-nights.  Might be 8 guys in the pub.  Everyone puts in $2-3 into the pot.  Whoever knocks in the three balls on the least shots wins the pot.  Because the worst player in the bar had about the same chance of knocking in two balls on the crack as the best player did, everyone would take a chance.  It's amazing how often a mediocre player would hit two on the break, and finish off in two shots, while guys with huge breaks just watched the balls rattle around the table and get skunked.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've had just 2 names over 7 years.  I started as kmax, got banned a bunch of times and started over as tcal2.  I don't get the multiple account thing....it's creepy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I don't get where is this idea of Softy being a smart poster came from. He is always wrong, can never admit his is wrong, and uses things like race(Ellsbury) and education(Lowrie) to make this opinions about players. Not to mention the extra stuff like the racism and general mean personality. I like pushing his buttons but let me be clear he is not a good poster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Speaking honestly , I really don't care.

I come here for a little entertainment at lunchtime.

If I get annoyed, I just log off.

Like I am going to do right now.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

My question is when to Zillagod become so jaded?