Posters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Posters

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

[QUOTE]

Speaking honestly , I really don't care.

I come here for a little entertainment at lunchtime.

If I get annoyed, I just log off.

Like I am going to do right now.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

My question is when to Zillagod become so jaded?

[/QUOTE]

He apparently had an issue of sorts in Tokyo-hasn't been the same since.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Having " good guys " and " bad guys " creates more interest, controversy and more activity on the board. There is nothing wrong with that.  I agree that there is no need for personal insults.

Stabbed by Foulke.

It kind of depends on whether the poster is trying to make a point, or just be annoying.

I think Softlaw is a bright guy, but my guess is he is on meds of some type.  He can't go a week without mentioning Wakefield.  He's probably started more 'trade Ells' than the other 299,999,999 people in this country.

Then you have posters like Geo criticizing our pick of Trey Ball, because he is a worse outfielder than Gomes.  Posts like that have to be ridiculed.

[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing , but Trey Ball would be a great name for a shooting guard.

[/QUOTE]

Best nickname for a 2-guard from the ABA-Travis 'Machine Gun' Grant, and he had machine gun like attributes.

FWIW, 3-ball was a popular pool game in the local pub on the off-nights.  Might be 8 guys in the pub.  Everyone puts in $2-3 into the pot.  Whoever knocks in the three balls on the least shots wins the pot.  Because the worst player in the bar had about the same chance of knocking in two balls on the crack as the best player did, everyone would take a chance.  It's amazing how often a mediocre player would hit two on the break, and finish off in two shots, while guys with huge breaks just watched the balls rattle around the table and get skunked.

[/QUOTE]

3- ball is a fun game. A lot of luck involved.  When you mentioned " Machine Gun " Grant, then moved on to pool, it reminded of Lou " Machine Gun " Butera, a great straight pool player from the 70's. He got the nickname for his rapid style of play.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Moon after 35,500+ posts you should expect some ridicule.

I expect it and get it often. I love a good debate, as long as the other person is debating me and not some strawman construct he thinks I am.

I have posted thousands of positions, suggestions, ideas, and projections over the years. Of course, I expect to be criticized and reminded when I am/was wrong. At times, I have regretted ridiculing others, and mostly have apologized when exposed or noticed myself that I went too far. I have admitted more mistakes than most of this board combined. With all the positions I've posted over the years, I've probably had more wrong positions than anyone but softy, but I think in the long run, I've come out OK.

I love the Sox and miss having people around me to discuss them, since I moved to Mexico in 2004 and then Sugar Land, TX in 2007. This is my Sox fix. This and watching every play of every game since I returned from college in 1981.

Sox4ever

For what it's worth I think you are a good poster and a good person.  I understand about the whole red sox fix thing because I live in northern virginia without red sox fans to to talk to.

Sometimes it does take courage to stay here, I have been personally attacked on more than one occasion but I do my best not to take it to heart.  We really don't know eachother as we would in the real world. I think if we all met for a drink we may treat eachother with a bit more respect, at least I hope we would.

If I were a stats person I would chat with you but numbers were never my passion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to S5's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

there aren't many of us with only 1 account here. . 

If this is true I guess I am most definitely in the minority here. 

So someone please explain the allure of having more than one account.  Do you actually think that you have so much to add to the conversation that one person can't say it all?  Are you trying to fool some of the posters here into thinking that you have more support for a position than you actually have?  Or do you think you're just being "cute" and feeling superior? 

I just don't get it.  So help me, ok?  (If you can do it with a straight face) .

[/QUOTE]

I have only one account.  I think it's kind of creepy that some may take on more than one personality.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

there aren't many of us with only 1 account here. 

both softy & pike will be back with a new witty name.  it's only a matter of time.  unless something tragic happened to them in the real world. 

"There aren't many of us with only 1 account here"??   I've only have one.

Why in the world would it be necessary for a person to have more than one account?

The problem, as I see it, was touched upon when you mentioned 'real world'.  It seems that some people in the internet world just seem to need an alter ego for some deficient psychological self-gratification.  These people, sadly and obviously, probably suffer from a poor self image.

Why can't posters just be themselves without having to have to fake it? 

It's because of the fakers that I don't post much anymore.  With me, what you see is what you get.  I don't fake anything.  Hence, I don't need multiple accounts.

Like I've posted a while back, I truly can't understand how some great posters here can tolerate so much of the BS. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Guilderland-Srephen's comment:

Ok, I had to respond to this thread. This is Pike. I came to this forum about five years ago and noticed that its " integrity" ( a concern of Yankee fan Pinstripezac) was flawed.  What was obvious to me at that time was that Zac, Mikey ( with at least ten aliases), and many other Yankee fans were in the majority here. There were at least 60 Yankee fans here on a forum that was designed to be a Red Sox forum.   OK, now let's go beyond the obvious contingent at that time, OK? Much of the rest of the forum were Red Sox fans who were always dismal, negative, cynical, and skeptical.  It  was very difficult for me to deal with that since when I arrived here five years ago as I expected at least a small minority of posters to act like Red Sox fans. They were not here. Babe, Law,  and Softlaw were the forum heroes at that time. WHY??? Because they were entertaining?? Why not hire Don Rickles to slander RSN??

So what did I do? I was furious that a Red Sox forum was inundated with Yankee fans, pretend Sox fans, and negative Sox fans, with no positive fans in sight.  I was very MAD. What did I do since my solitary voice was a peehole in a snowbank? I created about 20 other monikers that were positive RED SOX fans.  That effort brought a " RED SOX"  forum up to a 10 percent positive rating. One day, all 20 monikers of mine were banned and the forum rejoiced ( especially the Yankee contingent and the Chicken Littles of RSN).  I confess that I used multiple monikers then. Shame on me for trying to revert a forum back to being a positive RS Forum. 

In the last two years I have rarely had more than two aliases that were used at the same time. Yet I am continually banned because  I have zero patience for trolls and pretenders. You may not like me but I am a sincere Red Sox fan. I don't come here for a three-ring -Circus like DGalehouse and Burrito do.    The forum is for Red Sox fans and is not for entertainment as DGalehouse believes. S5 and Breidy are my favorite posters.

Last week the forum banned me for praising Breidy as my favorite poster. Has anyone ever been banned for labeling Babe as their favorite poster.   I was also banned a few days ago for saying that the forum is better now than it was a few years ago. 

Kim would come back tomorrow if someone told that a Yankee fan was upset about the integrity of a Red Sox forum. Give me a break.

Yes, according to some, it is "creepy" to artificially make a Red Sox forum look more POSITIVE. But isn't it more "creepy" for trolls, pretenders, and "wet blankets" to make it look like a Yankee forum? You be the judge. You have my confession, I am very EVIL for being a RS fan.

You say thay I come here for entertainment. Some truth there , but the vast majority of my posts consist of discussions on the state of the Red Sox.  Many of your posts could be considered in the realm of entertainment as much , or more so , than commentary on the Sox. I have no problem with that either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

[QUOTE]

both softy & pike will be back with a new witty name.  it's only a matter of time.  unless something tragic happened to them in the real world. 

Why in the world would it be necessary for a person to have more than one account?

The problem, as I see it, was touched upon when you mentioned 'real world'.  It seems that some people in the internet world just seem to need an alter ego for some deficient psychological self-gratification.  These people, sadly and obviously, probably suffer from a poor self image.

It's because of the fakers that I don't post much anymore.  With me, what you see is what you get.  I don't fake anything.  Hence, I don't need multiple accounts.

Like I've posted a while back, I truly can't understand how some great posters here can tolerate so much of the BS. 

[/QUOTE]

I come here because this is the only place I can talk with other sox fans. Because of poor health I'm unable to live a more active life.

There are some good posters here so I like to read their opinions. And I like the picture of your cat Wink

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ok, I had to respond to this thread. This is Pike. I came to this forum about five years ago and noticed that its " integrity" ( a concern of Yankee fan Pinstripezac) was flawed.  What was obvious to me at that time was that Zac, Mikey ( with at least ten aliases), and many other Yankee fans were in the majority here. There were at least 60 Yankee fans here on a forum that was designed to be a Red Sox forum.   OK, now let's go beyond the obvious contingent at that time, OK? Much of the rest of the forum were Red Sox fans who were always dismal, negative, cynical, and skeptical.  It  was very difficult for me to deal with that since when I arrived here five years ago as I expected at least a small minority of posters to act like Red Sox fans. They were not here. Babe, Law,  and Softlaw were the forum heroes at that time. WHY??? Because they were entertaining?? Why not hire Don Rickles to slander RSN??

So what did I do? I was furious that a Red Sox forum was inundated with Yankee fans, pretend Sox fans, and negative Sox fans, with no positive fans in sight.  I was very MAD. What did I do since my solitary voice was a peehole in a snowbank? I created about 20 other monikers that were positive RED SOX fans.  That effort brought a " RED SOX"  forum up to a 10 percent positive rating. One day, all 20 monikers of mine were banned and the forum rejoiced ( especially the Yankee contingent and the Chicken Littles of RSN).  I confess that I used multiple monikers then. Shame on me for trying to revert a forum back to being a positive RS Forum. 

In the last two years I have rarely had more than two aliases that were used at the same time. Yet I am continually banned because  I have zero patience for trolls and pretenders. You may not like me but I am a sincere Red Sox fan. I don't come here for a three-ring -Circus like DGalehouse and Burrito do.    The forum is for Red Sox fans and is not for entertainment as DGalehouse believes. S5 and Breidy are my favorite posters.

Last week the forum banned me for praising Breidy as my favorite poster. Has anyone ever been banned for labeling Babe as their favorite poster.   I was also banned a few days ago for saying that the forum is better now than it was a few years ago. 

Kim would come back tomorrow if someone told that a Yankee fan was upset about the integrity of a Red Sox forum. Give me a break.

Yes, according to some, it is "creepy" to artificially make a Red Sox forum look more POSITIVE. But isn't it more "creepy" for trolls, pretenders, and "wet blankets" to make it look like a Yankee forum? You be the judge. You have my confession, I am very EVIL for being a RS fan.

So Pike, are you confessing because you want to stay here and not get banned over and over again? I don't think anyone ever doubted that you are a Red Sox fan. If you want to stay here it requires, obviously, a change in behavior. You have owned up to some of the stuff that gets you banned. If you want to stay here LISTEN to what people are saying and OWN what is yours. Then change. If you do that I will be your strongest supporter here. I would start by admitting that the Yankee fans here-all of them-are not overbearing and obnoxious. They all contribute to the forum in their own way. This forum is for them too. Good luck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said. I don't get the multiple moniker thing either. I see no purpose to it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You say thay I come here for entertainment. Some truth there , but the vast majority of my posts consist of discussions on the state of the Red Sox.  Many of your posts could be considered in the realm of entertainment as much , or more so , than commentary on the Sox. I have no problem with that either.

[/QUOTE]

Softlaw was never a RS fan, he was a troll since the start, he irritated everyone on purpose, you call that entertaining?

Bill was never funny, had no sense of humor.

Pike - multiple identities have been explained by him.

Commie is trying to be weird on purpose.

[/QUOTE]

You complain about Yankee fans being on a Sox site, but I'd much rather debate baseball with a yankee fan than talk about posters, monikers, censorship, or anything other than baseball or Red Sox issues. At least softy did that more often than not.

Pike never talks baseball.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I come here because this is the only place I can talk with other sox fans. Because of poor health I'm unable to live a more active life.

There are some good posters here so I like to read their opinions. And I like the picture of your cat Wink

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry about your health.  I hope things get better.

Not that many Sox fans here in Oregon, but they're here.  They'll always acknowledge when wearing my baseball hat when shopping etc...  LOL

My wife and I just came back from seeing three games in Seattle. I'm lucky that she's such a big fan.  She's already got tickets for a few games in SF next month.

My 'Weezie' is older than the hills.  I cherish the affection we give each other because I know he won't be with us too much longer.  Although his blood work is all great, his arthritis is pretty bad and I swear he has dimentia..LOL.  I just hope he goes in his sleep when the time is up because it would kill me to have to put him down...I just couldn't do it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Moon after 35,500+ posts you should expect some ridicule.

I expect it and get it often. I love a good debate, as long as the other person is debating me and not some strawman construct he thinks I am.

I have posted thousands of positions, suggestions, ideas, and projections over the years. Of course, I expect to be criticized and reminded when I am/was wrong. At times, I have regretted ridiculing others, and mostly have apologized when exposed or noticed myself that I went too far. I have admitted more mistakes than most of this board combined. With all the positions I've posted over the years, I've probably had more wrong positions than anyone but softy, but I think in the long run, I've come out OK.

I love the Sox and miss having people around me to discuss them, since I moved to Mexico in 2004 and then Sugar Land, TX in 2007. This is my Sox fix. This and watching every play of every game since I returned from college in 1981.

Sox4ever

For what it's worth I think you are a good poster and a good person.  I understand about the whole red sox fix thing because I live in northern virginia without red sox fans to to talk to.

Sometimes it does take courage to stay here, I have been personally attacked on more than one occasion but I do my best not to take it to heart.  We really don't know eachother as we would in the real world. I think if we all met for a drink we may treat eachother with a bit more respect, at least I hope we would.

If I were a stats person I would chat with you but numbers were never my passion.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not all about stats. I think I'd enjoy watching a game next to you 67.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not that many Sox fans here in Oregon, but they're here.  They'll always acknowledge when wearing my baseball hat when shopping etc...  LOL

My wife and I just came back from seeing three games in Seattle. I'm lucky that she's such a big fan.  She's already got tickets for a few games in SF next month.

My 'Weezie' is older than the hills.  I cherish the affection we give each other because I know he won't be with us too much longer.  Although his blood work is all great, his arthritis is pretty bad and I swear he has dimentia..LOL.  I just hope he goes in his sleep when the time is up because it would kill me to have to put him down...I just couldn't do it.

[/QUOTE]

I had to put my "Coma" down at age 21. He had cancer in the mouth. I held him in my hands and felt his heart stop. I would never do that again. I hope for the best.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wrote a thread last week praising joe Breidy as my favorite poster and got banned in minutes?  Is that verboten and  a gross violation of forum rules. What if I had praised Stephen Slavick from Sugarland, TX. Would that get me banned also?  Softlaw from Charlotte, NC got banned or did BDC decide to retire his act and ask Moonslav ( Stephen Slavick) to put that act into mothballs? Who did Babe, who did Law?  Hopefully Teresa Hanafin will get the team together and decide which team maximizes traffic. 

Just talk baseball. Why is that so hard for you?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I had to put my "Coma" down at age 21. He had cancer in the mouth. I held him in my hands and felt his heart stop. I would never do that again. I hope for the best.

[/QUOTE]

Moon, I can't even imagine your sorrow for Coma.  Trust me when I offer my sincere condolances.

Although I understand your grief, I almost wish you didn't share the experience because I know Weezie's day is coming pretty soon.

I'd rather take my chances with Workman than get Garza who's past his prime.  Besides, I hate it when he continually spits on the mound....  Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

DGalehouse thinks that the RS Forum is the Ed Sullivan show. A juggler, a man on a unicycle, a trapeze artist, a clown car,  Emmet Kelly, a fire eater, and a bearded lady. Great entertainment.   Step right up folks. Watch Softlaw, Babe, and Mikey destroy a RS forum.  

You still have not learned. Forget about whining about other posters. Discuss BASEBALL. If you don't do that, you will be banned again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Give it up, pumpsie.  Pike is incapable of behaving any other way, he's been demonstrating that for years.  You'd have more success trying to herd cats, as you might say.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DGalehouse thinks that the RS Forum is the Ed Sullivan show. A juggler, a man on a unicycle, a trapeze artist, a clown car,  Emmet Kelly, a fire eater, and a bearded lady. Great entertainment.   Step right up folks. Watch Softlaw, Babe, and Mikey destroy a RS forum.  

Softy, Is that you ?????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im sure this post will have you banned pretty soon. Giving personal info about another poster online Pike? Your are the defenition of a troll...Thats a low blow buddy...Reported.