posts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

posts?

Why do people even post on here?Only certain guys will play with the sox.you need cookie cutter guys.like ok we need a certain guy for this job.why not get the best players there are out there.therefore,i don't understand the posters opinions.you didn't like going with rookies.not enough good ones at least.no rodney we have too many good ones already.bailey should be brought back when they let him loose?no arroyo because he is in the past.if i get this correct you want buchholtz,lester homegrown talent.then webster,raunado and barnes this year.trade peavy and lackey and dempster and whatever crap you post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: posts?

If your posts had periods, commas, capital letters etc., it might make your message a lot easier to decipher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

bosoxhero1 got all the brains.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

looks like someone just got home from the bar.....

i'm sure Burrito will tell ya, drunk BDCing is bad for business Tongue Out

in response to your hard to comprehend post: i wouldn't take it to heart too much. there are a lot of factors to consider when deciding which players to bring in/up. a case can be made for either side it is just a matter of which side makes the most sense. Don't be mad that others disagreed with you and/or blew you out of the water on a topic. Especially if it's done in a manner that presents concrete facts to back them up. I've read some of the threads you are referring to and you did get taken to task on them. You gotta just think about the realisticness of the proposal.

-why would we want to overpay (to be more specific, paying him like a closer when he wouldn't be closing) for rodney when he walks too many batters(career WHIP of 1.358) and is redundant on our staff with guys like Uehara, Tazawa, Mujica and Breslow who are all better than him. He's had one great season and 2 good ones. beside that it's mediocrity. forget the fact that you'd be paying a guy closer money to a guy who'd be relegated to mop-up duty or -in case of injury- the 7th inning guy.

-why would we want to sign Arroyo (who will likely get a 2/3 year deal @ ~13M) who is a #4/5 pitcher when we already have one of those signed for precisely that much in Ryan Dempster? another redundancy. Not to mention that we already have to get rid of a starter as it is. Dempster is likely that guy. So if we bring in Arroyo we'd have to get rid of another starter (peavy). One could make a case that Arroyo is an upgrade over dempster but he is definitely not an upgrade over Peavy. So your suggestion of signing Arroyo is a suggestion of downgrading the rotation in hopes of what exactly? seems to me you just want to sign a guy for the sake of signing a guy.

IRT bailey, just because the sox did not tender him a contract does not mean they don't want him back. they just don't want to give him a raise which is what would have had to be done if they did tender him a contract. Now they can bring him back at a lower cost or even on a minor league deal (unlikely) while he builds his value. not saying this si what will happen nor am i advocating it. I am simply pointing out that you are incorrect in your assertation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to bosoxhero2's comment:

Why do people even post on here?Only certain guys will play with the sox.you need cookie cutter guys.like ok we need a certain guy for this job.why not get the best players there are out there.therefore,i don't understand the posters opinions.you didn't like going with rookies.not enough good ones at least.no rodney we have too many good ones already.bailey should be brought back when they let him loose?no arroyo because he is in the past.if i get this correct you want buchholtz,lester homegrown talent.then webster,raunado and barnes this year.trade peavy and lackey and dempster and whatever crap you post.

You don't understand other posters's opinions?  Many made it very clear and obvious on your "Rodney" thread.

Maybe you're just not that bright.  Your atrocious grammar only confirms this.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am far from the grammar police....but I do know that the 'space bar' was a wonderful invention....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Whyiseverybodypicking onthepoorbastard his grammaisfineasishisspelling. punctuation,whoneedsthemtharthings & capitallettersare a wasteofspace.

Hetchyless$#^&*(*)_+__)&*^$#@@!#!^&*)_+  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Not exactly sure what this thread or your opening post is alluding to? Are you frustrated because other don't share your opinions? Or that we who represent the members of this board find pleasure in debating the merits of each others opinions? 

since I am the last one to play the role of grammar police it would make it easier to debate if one could actually read the post and glean out the premiss of your opin....I do find it ironic that you would create a thread critical of other posting opinions, while doing just that...get some sleep my friend and perhaps you could have Dottie remove this thread and we'll all be the better for it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whyiseverybodypicking onthepoorbastard his grammaisfineasishisspelling. punctuation,whoneedsthemtharthings & capitallettersare a wasteofspace.

Hetchyless$#^&*(*)_+__)&*^$#@@!#!^&*)_+  

[/QUOTE] Hetch, slow down, you're speaking too fast Tongue Out

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're taking this too personally.  One of the things I've noticed in your posts is that your fond of acquiring guys that cost real money.  If you want to acquire another BP arm and  #8 SP, you need to say how we are going to stay under the cap.

You also don't address any fit issues.

Your Arroyo plan is to sign Arroyo for I presume ~ $16M/2, then trading Dempster and presumably eating some salary, and then putting him in the BP.  I don't see switching #6 SPs as being a big deal, and I'd prefer to see Workman take over that role anyway.  In addition, why would Arroyo choose the RS knowing that he probably wouldn't get a lot of action?

On Rodney, our BP is now Uehara, Tazawa, Mujica, Breslow, Miller, Workman, and likely Badenhop or Britton.  Who would you replace and why?  And why would Rodney want to come here for a supporting role?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Drunken ramblings......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The OP makes less sense than Commie-Contrarian and Bill-806 debating metaphysics...but I assume it stems from the board's rejection of the poster's campaigning for the signing of Rodney and Arroyo, two players who neither fill a need nor fit on the roster of the current RS team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The OP makes less sense than Commie-Contrarian and Bill-806 debating metaphysics...but I assume it stems from the board's rejection of the poster's campaigning for the signing of Rodney and Arroyo, two players who neither fill a need nor fit on the roster of the current RS team.

[/QUOTE]

your missing the point flapjack! why even post if your not willing to think outside the bun!! Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings......

[/QUOTE]

funny.i haven't drank alcohol in 10 years.but thanks maks me feel better that there are still idiots out there.that was my point with this.i don't care at all which 25-40 players they have on the roster.i will watch them and root them on.i was saying they could go with rookies.nobody thought we had enough good players to do that.so i thought maybe people wanted boston to spend an obscene amout of money.why,because they have it why not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings......

[/QUOTE]

funny.i haven't drank alcohol in 10 years.but thanks maks me feel better that there are still idiots out there.that was my point with this.i don't care at all which 25-40 players they have on the roster.i will watch them and root them on.i was saying they could go with rookies.nobody thought we had enough good players to do that.so i thought maybe people wanted boston to spend an obscene amout of money.why,because they have it why not.

[/QUOTE]

also,to those out there with some sense of worth.i was bosoxhero 1.i had to shut it down and change the name.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LibRadSoc. Show LibRadSoc's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings......

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never had any doubt that there are idiots out there, but I appreciate you providing a demonstration nonetheless.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings......

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's part of my point.  We don't have unlimited funds.  Even if we did, I'd like to pretend as if we're just a regular team competing against the likes of Philly, Cubs, etc., and not teams trying to buy everything like the Bums and the EE.

Once you settle on 'limited funds' the question is where do you invest?

I happen to agree that Rodney and Arroyo are decent FAs, but only for a team looking for a #4 SP and a closer.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to LibRadSoc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings......

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never had any doubt that there are idiots out there, but I appreciate you providing a demonstration nonetheless.

[/QUOTE]

Smiley

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings......

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's part of my point.  We don't have unlimited funds.  Even if we did, I'd like to pretend as if we're just a regular team competing against the likes of Philly, Cubs, etc., and not teams trying to buy everything like the Bums and the EE.

Once you settle on 'limited funds' the question is where do you invest?

I happen to agree that Rodney and Arroyo are decent FAs, but only for a team looking for a #4 SP and a closer.

[/QUOTE]

i guess my thought is signing good pitcher and finding roles for them is the way to go.if they are too expensive then i agree you try not to go over the limit.i think rodney will have a better season than uehara.i think uehara will wear down over the season.mujica will get lots of chances.but as i said.i will root on the team as they will be assembled come opening day.and i am going to assume we won't have all six starters when the season starts.Would one person say what they expect from buchholtz this year?do they give him a full season to prove his worth?or do you expect the sox to cut bait with him?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i guess my thought is signing good pitcher and finding roles for them is the way to go.if they are too expensive then i agree you try not to go over the limit.i think rodney will have a better season than uehara.i think uehara will wear down over the season.mujica will get lots of chances.but as i said.i will root on the team as they will be assembled come opening day.and i am going to assume we won't have all six starters when the season starts.Would one person say what they expect from buchholtz this year?do they give him a full season to prove his worth?or do you expect the sox to cut bait with him?

What are the $$$ #'s that are being discussed for Rodney?  i have watched him walk off the mound head hung low enough times that i wouldn't consider him too much of an upgrade over in-house RP. 

Buch - i expect ~160+ IP.  i do not expect the Sox to "cut bait" with him.  he is still under $$ control for a couple years.  when "healthy" he is about as dominate as they come right now. 

Sections
Shortcuts